Racer's log-DAY ZERO

• Thread starter DAY_ZERO
  • 0 comments
United States
United States
None
Introduction: Hello to all that read this. I've been hovering/lurking around GTP for a while, reading all the Race Reports and Fan fictions. So I decided to start a little something of my own just to see what happens. Basically, this'll just be a log of what happens in GT4 and GT5, but I plan on making it a good read for those that stop by. So please, enjoy.

Technical note: If the pictures come out fuzzy, it's because I'm using a mobile Hot spot. So, feel free to let me know of any low quality images and I'll re-work them for better quality.

If you have any questions feel free to message me anytime.

8406863_orig.jpg

Adventures Of The RED DOM

So I went to the used car dealership and was looking around for a car. Nothing too special, just something I could beat on that wouldn't blow up on me. Well, I spotted a Milan Red 1991 EG Civic. It was an Si-R II and it was immaculate. Not a single ding, scratch, or blemish on it. The interior was perfect. The car itself had about 45,081 miles on the clock. I took a look at the motor to check for leaks and visible damage. Besides the normal paint chipping that B Series Valve covers have, this car was perfect. I was Sold. I paid the dealership $5,669 for it and drove home happy and content. This is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Mods: Coilovers, Stage 1 Pistons, Cold air Intake, Remapped ECU, Sports Tires (Soft).

El Capitan: This Little Civic is pretty peppy. 170 horses on a car that is BARELY over a ton makes for kinda mean (more like irritated) kind of ride. With the current mods I have in place, the power was upped to 213 horses. I decided to take it out to El Capitan to see what the Civic could do. This track isn't overtly technical, nor is it exetremely simple. Its perfect for those that want a simple yet exciting run. Not to mention that the beautiful scenery is a plus. So, I'm doing a preliminary check, you know tires, oil, and all that jazz. Everything is fine and it's time for a few runs. I get up to speed and exit pit lane and I'm quickly approaching the first turn. With the new mods in place, I expected some added potential, but what I got was a little more than I bargined for. The accelration had more punch to it and this thing could really cruise at high speed. Granted the Stock gearbox gave me the impression that something was lacking. I'l have to update that in the future. So, I'm out the pits, quickly approaching the right turn, a long left handed sweeper. A Celica tries to keep up, but the Civic dusts him as soon as we exit the turn. The acceleration picks up, and I'm out of there.

3436723_orig.jpg

8767577_orig.jpg

9350358_orig.jpg

As the outing continues, a Blue R33 sneaks up on me. I didn't even see it coming. I figured I could take him. I keep the lead for about 2 turns and then he slips past me becuase of some understeer. I do my best to keep in line with the R33.

6403280_orig.jpg

3492846_orig.jpg

9729004_orig.jpg

For a while, it works! That is until we hit the straight away. That R33 just walks away from me and I have my foot planted to the floor.

5420767_orig.jpg

We're on the next lap and I manage to catch up with him thanks to the left handed sweeper. The light weight of the Civic lets me brake later and harder into the curve. With this advantage, I actually manage to catch up with the R33 and this time I'm locked onto him.

7939623_orig.jpg

9872613_orig.jpg

9732631_orig.jpg

This keeps up until the next straight away, which just like last time, he begins to walk away. A hard right hander puts a damper on that and I'm back to tailing this guy.

2321046_orig.jpg

5174703_orig.jpg

After a good distance, we are locked in a serious one on one battle, but in the end, the R33 is victorious. I have to admit it though, the Civic did pretty well. Can't wait to see what happens on my next outing!

Back