RCKakashi14's GT7 Fanfiction: Arc 12; Page 15 - The Red Helmet

Page 13 - New Shining Stars

Kevin is placed in the Intensive Care Unit, after doctors managed to stabilize his condition. The young German racer is still in a vegetative state, while Gerhard, Abel and Mila are anxiously awaiting for him to awaken, even if it's only a fiddle or twitch of his fingers.

And to break that eerie moment of silence, Mila approaches Gerhard.

"I heard you exclaimed that he is your son. Are you... Gerhard Kern?" Mila asked.

"So you heard, Mila. Yes I am." Gerhard replied.

"All this time, you are guiding him?" she added.

"Yes. It was the only way I know how to raise him while protecting him from Maximilian." he replied.

"And now, he's like... knocking on death's door. Are you still going to hide it from him?" she asked, with her eyes about to burst tears.

"I have done a lot of bad things in life, and this is... the worst. I shall regret this forever." Gerhard replied.

"Kevin lost his mother and had no aim in life until he found out what happened to her. All of this... was his product of revenge. You didn't guide him enough." Mila said, then storming out to the hospital corridor.

She leans on the wall, and tears start flowing. She then covers her face. Moments later, Dave, and the Kanonji twins make a hasty walk to Kevin's room.

Takuma sees Mila's moment of despair. He would then hug her. She composes herself afterwards.

"Mila, how is he?" Takuma asked.

"He still hasn't awakened. The doctor told us that... this might... be his last." Mila said.

"I'm sorry..." Takuma said.

Takuma then gets inside, along with the others. He sees Gerhard standing still looking at his son, while Abel merely looks out by the window.

"Mr. Kern?" Takuma said.

Gerhard turns back and looks at the others.

"I can't believe this. I shouldn't have let this happen. My timing wasn't right... I could have told him the truth much sooner." Gerhard said.

Takuma glances at Kevin. Then all of a sudden, he sees Kevin's right hand twitching.

"Kevin?" Takuma said.

Gerhard turns back to look and gets closer. Kevin's eyes opened, and he looks at Gerhard.

"Mister... Gottlieb..." Kevin said in a weak tone.

"Kevin.." Gerhard said, then he turns to look at everyone in the room. He and Mila then look at each other.

This is the golden, yet somber opportunity for Gerhard to unveil himself to his son.

"Kevin... your father... is here. It's me. Gerhard Kern." Gerhard said.

Tears roll down from Kevin as well, having finally known and realized the person guiding him was his father all those years.

"You...? For... real?" Kevin asked.

"Yes... yes. I am sorry for lying... and putting you on such a huge predicament. It's all my fault." Gerhard said.

"All this time..." Kevin said, and he shows a big smile.

"I am sorry, Kevin. I am really... really sorry. I am a terrible father. I wasn't able to save your mother, either. How I wish I could turn back time." Gerhard said, and then he holds Kevin's hand.

"No... it's my fault for being so reckless. You did everything for me. I... love... you... father." Kevin said.

And then Kevin breathes out his last sigh...

"I'll say hi to mother for you..." Kevin utters his final words, and the monitor shows a flat line. Abel quickly rushes out to call the nurses and doctors. They rush into Kevin's side and attempt to revive him with a defibrillator.

But to no avail. The doctor would look at his watch.

"Time of death... 5:05 pm." the doctor said.

Mila cries on Kevin's right side, while Gerhard stands up, and punches the wall repeatedly along with an endless rush of tears. He would then stop, and weep.

Takuma and Takanori look at each other with long faces, while Dave can only look up the ceiling, trying to fight his tears, sniffling his nose.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Time: 4 pm, two days later

News of Kevin's passing quickly spread through various form of media. The gaming community spent moments of silence for their fallen friend who gave them inspiration. The cosplaying community would then post various tributes of Kevin in different platforms.

While Gerhard requested for the burial to be private, hordes of fans would then deposit flowers and wreaths. A big flower wreath from Red Bull was also seen, as a tribute to Kevin's contributions to the X Program.

Kevin is buried next to his mother, with a bright ceramic epitaph standing on the ground.

Czarina attends as well, and the first she approaches is none other than Gerhard.

"Condolonces... Mr... Gott-- I mean Kern." she said.

"Thank you. I appreciate your presence." Gerhard said.

"I have extended an olive branch to your son before he passed. I promised him that I will put my father to justice. I won't stop." Czarina said.

"How selfless. I can't believe I am hearing this from you." Gerhard said.

"Then I found out... you're alive after all." Czarina said.

"I never heard from your father ever since he escaped from the Azores. I was the one who provided the breadcrumbs to you." Gerhard replied.

"I'll make it up to you. My search shall not cease. I will update you. This is the least I can do for you both." Czarina said.

"Thank you. You are one daughter I never had. This must be tough for you, considering how much you love him." Gerhard said.

"This will end. Soon." Czarina said with conviction, clenching her right fist.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Time: 3 pm, one week later

Life must go on, one said. Loss can be really difficult to get over with, especially when it involves everyone around you.

Under Gerhard's orders, Neo resumes their activities, preparing for the 4th round. They have to qualify after all.

In the pit lane, Alphonse heads over to Neo's pit garage, carrying a small card.

"Excuse me... is Mr. Kern over there?" Alphonse asked.

Gerhard sees the young man and approaches him.

"Oh, you must be Mr. Alphonse Blanchard." Gerhard said.

"I offer my sincerest condolences. Here's something for you..." Alphonse said as he hands over the card. Gerhard flips it open, and it contains a message:

"I have lost a friend, a rival, and a brother. We will meet once again, Kevin Kern."

And attached is another small card, showing a Discord Nitro avatar that he only came up with a quick photo editing.

"The last time we played, I lost against your son. I gave a one-year worth of Discord Nitro subscription as part of the deal. But now..." Alphonse said.

"Thank you, young man. I think Kevin would appreciate it more if you give your all. Do not hold back. Do not be affected." Gerhard said, then he pats on Alphonse's shoulder.

Neo then begins the qualifying session with a different livery on the AMG.

Trial Mountain Circuit_.jpeg

The matte black is a clear sign of mourning, but Dave at the helm clearly does not let emotions get the better of him.

Trial Mountain Circuit__1.jpeg

"Everyone in Neo feels down, obviously." Dave remarked.

Trial Mountain Circuit__2.jpeg

"No matter what, we all have to move on. Kevin wouldn't want to see long faces." he added.

Trial Mountain Circuit__3.jpeg

Trial Mountain Circuit__4.jpeg

Alphonse honors Gerhard's request.

"Kevin entrusted me his dreams. I shall not fail." Alphonse thought.

Trial Mountain Circuit__5.jpeg

Meanwhile, Giacomo enjoys the upgrades the Giulia received after a disappointing result in Bathurst.

Trial Mountain Circuit__6.jpeg

"A new flat floor... makes a huge difference here." Giacomo remarked.

Trial Mountain Circuit__7.jpeg

"Can't lose against those Pianizzis..." Giacomo added.

Trial Mountain Circuit__8.jpeg

Seems like he has some issues with the Pianizzi siblings. Whatever it is, the Giulia will definitely put up a better fight.

The next day, the race begins.

Trial Mountain Circuit__9.jpeg

Neo is placed 4th on qualifying. Gerhard is actually impressed with the improvements of skill seen by the three drivers ahead.

"It seems that we are ushering in the new era. Alphonse... Giacomo... and Charlie. I can sense those three will change the landscape of racing." Gerhard said.

"Kevin... don't you worry. We will do the rest. We will finish this fight. Those three rising stars... better watch them." he added.

Trial Mountain Circuit__10.jpeg

End of Page 13

Page 14 - Leading The Charge

The 4th round commences at the Trial Mountain Circuit. The circuit is nestled within the mountains of the Washington State. However, it had been in steady decline in the 90s and 2000s until a group of interested wealthy car enthusiasts decide to breathe life into the circuit once more. Eventually, the FIA poured their resources into the track as well, and has been a host of recent races in the Pacific Northwest region of the USA.

Music: Blue Owl (Remastered) - Art of Trance

Trial Mountain Circuit__11.jpeg

Giacomo qualifies in the top ranks, taking advantage of the Giulia's upgrades.

"I cannot fall once again. Let me shine too. You aren't the only rookies here." Giacomo said.

Trial Mountain Circuit__12.jpeg

Even Charlie is surprised by the Giulia's pace.

"Woah... that was one hell of an upgrade. But hey, at least I am keeping that little French guy at bay." Charlie remarked.

Trial Mountain Circuit__13.jpeg

Trial Mountain Circuit__14.jpeg

"Looks like I'm going to have a fun run. Heh. Bring it on." Dave said with a grin, fully welcoming the challenge.

Trial Mountain Circuit__15.jpeg

"ANDIAMO!" Giacomo exclaimed over the radio. A war cry of sorts. What's going on with him?

Trial Mountain Circuit__16.jpeg

Alphonse snatches back the 2nd position, but clearly the Giulia proves to be a rocket in the grid.

Trial Mountain Circuit__17.jpeg

"Those three are really going at it. Gerhard made a remark about them being promising." Dave thought.

Trial Mountain Circuit__18.jpeg

Trial Mountain Circuit__19.jpeg

As the battle rages on, the pit crews could not take their eyes off the telemetry screens. Czarina suddenly receives a phone call. She heads at the paddock to answer it privately.

"Hello?" Czarina said.

It was none other than Alexei Bourdovsky, who has been searching for Maximilian and leading the Interpol's search as part of the plea deal that will reduce his sentence.

"You will really be excited once you hear this: We have finally tracked down your father. He's last seen in a port in Hamburg according to surveillance, no less. Ports and airports throughout the continent are already given notice. Better make haste..." Alexei said with a giggle.

Wasting no time, Czarina ends the call with thanks and then instructs the pit crew to take charge of communications. She then proceeds to Neo's pit garage, reaching for Gerhard.

She approaches him, and taps on his shoulder. Gerhard removes the headset.

"We found him. He's in Europe. Hamburg, Germany." Czarina said.

Gerhard's fist clench.

"Let's go. I will deal with him. There is one thing I will do to him." Gerhard said.

Gerhard instructs Takanori to take over the communications.

"Takanori-san, please take charge of communicating with Dave. This is an emergency, I must leave." Gerhard said.

"Osu! I'll be on it." Takanori said with a smile.

Czarina and Gerhard hastily depart the track's premises. A car picks them up and heads off straight to the airport where her private jet awaits.

End of Page 14

Page 15 - The Red Helmet

The long flight to Europe didn't tire Gerhard at all. He is more than determined to settle things once and for all. Upon arriving in Germany, they are approached by Alexei, who shows a grin upon seeing Gerhard.

"Well, well, well... look who came out and tell the world." Alexei said.

"Hmph! Save the banter for later. Where is Maximilian?" Gerhard asked.

"Don't worry... Germany has locked him down. He's all yours. Hehe. But he's not in Hamburg." Alexei replied.

"Then we'd better get moving." Czarina said.

Czarina and Gerhard head over to Stuttgart, while Alexei sets off to meet with the authorities once more. They proceed to Gerhard's office building. Upon getting in, he takes Kevin's red helmet on his desk and then the pair proceeds next to the parking lot.

The two get in his RUF CTR3, repainted in Gulf Blue. After strapping in, Gerhard places the helmet on Czarina's lap.

"Hold it for me. This is significant." Gerhard said, and then he starts up the supercar and hastily exit the premises.

National Stadium_.jpeg

Czarina once again calls Alexei.

"Alexei, how's tracking?" she asked.

"He's in a small town just nearby where you are. I am actually looking at him right now... right across the cafe... in an abandoned house, he peeks out with his shiny sunglasses and a cap." Alexei replied.

She receives the coordinates via the SMS, and copies them to her navigation app. The app would then show the directions.

"Okay, head straight." she said.

Gerhard buries the accelerator down. Czarina looks at Kevin's helmet. It's shiny clean, as Gerhard made it a habit to wipe it everyday since his son died.

"Why did you bring this?" Czarina asked.

Nachtsheim_.jpeg

"I shall fulfill Kevin's wish." Gerhard replied, as he vigorously pulls the sequential gear shift to change up a gear.

Remembering the words Kevin said back in his tell-all, she finally realizes what he plans to do.

"Forgive me, for what I am about to do your father. All this pent up rage must be unleashed. It's been decades." Gerhard said.

Czarina's eyes widened. But then she settles immediately and breathes out a sigh.

"I see..." Czarina said.

"Do not worry, he will face justice. Two wrongs do not make a right." Gerhard added.

After half an hour, they arrived at the coordinates provided by Alexei. Alexei makes a signal, instructing them to come over to his side so as to avoid being detected.

"You made it. There. Right in front of you. A brick house is where he hides." Alexei said.

However, just as they are about to take the first step, they see Maximilian getting out, making a run for it. Gerhard leads the chase.

"Shoot!" Czarina said, as she is struggling to keep up.

Maximilian stops an unsuspecting green Lamborghini Urus at gunpoint. The driver, fearing for his life, exits the car and Maximilian takes the helm.

Cochem_.jpeg

"He stole a car?!" Czarina exclaimed. The three decided to part ways, with Gerhard and Czarina returning to the RUF. Alexei alerts the authorities as well.

A chase ensues in the small town, with bystanders panicking and running for safety.

Cochem__1.jpeg

Czarina couldn't believe what she's seeing - her father sank at his lowest.

"This is ridiculous." Czarina said.

Monreal_.jpeg

"He's got nothing to lose, that's what." Gerhard replied.

The chase leads them out of the town. Polizei and a helicopter also follow suit.

Cochem__2.jpeg

Two brightly colored cars quickly grab the attention of the INTERPOL who are eager to pin down Maximilian. Alexei asks for assistance as he is in the chopper.

"He stole a green Lamborghini Urus. Target is a green Urus." Alexei said.

Outskirts of Stuttgart_.jpeg

Lichtenstein Village_.jpeg

The CTR3 easily keeps up, and upon approaching the next bend...

Müllenbach_.jpeg

...Gerhard performs a drift, using the car's body to block the Lamborghini.

Müllenbach__1.jpeg

Maximilian applies the brakes. Having no choice, he runs out to the grassy field. Gerhard unstraps himself and gets the helmet from Czarina's lap. She then follows suit.

Gerhard's fitness enables him to sprint faster and gain ground towards Maximilian. Before he could pull out his gun from his pocket, Gerhard finally manages to tackle Maximilian down to the ground.

And now... Gerhard's rage begins. He pummels Maximilian's face with punches left and right.

Gerhard pauses and ventilates.

"Hah... hah... this field... is where everything began. And this is also where everything shall end. Poetic, isn't it?" Gerhard asks with a grin, followed by another punch on Maximilian's nose.

Gerhard reminisces everything that happened to him, while still pinning Maximilian down.

20191103175800-jpg.864114

20200329075833-jpg.903739

20200412073950-jpg.909418

20200412073956-jpg.909419

And as a coup de grace, he hurls Kevin's helmet, and smacks it on Maximilian's eyes. The impact caused the visor to crack.

Czarina would then yell.

"STOP! THAT'S ENOUGH!" she exclaimed, with tears gushing out of her eyes.

Gerhard looks at her, but then he returns his attention to the bloodied Maximilian.

"Be thankful... you still have someone who loves you. And I... believe in change." Gerhard said. Then he stands up, picking up the damaged red helmet and looking at it.

"It's all over, Kevin. You can finally rest." Gerhard said.

Then he hugs the helmet, having a solemn moment with tears flowing; while the helicopter and the police vehicles finally arrive at the scene.

Maximilian is brought up, then his hands were placed in handcuffs. Czarina can only look at her father being led to the police car. The father and daughter would briefly stare at each other.

End of Page 15

Last edited:
Back