Regularity rally - bad idea or not?

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I can't see the point of regularity rally, seems a waste of dev time. Instead they could have given us a free roam area like dirt fish in 2.0

Free roam is always a good, but I’m all for adding features, not taking them away.

I like Regularity. While it can be a little tedious, it’s an example of how the sport originated. Ever wonder what the stopwatches were for in the Fulvia?

I get why they tried something different, has its roots in the history of rally and plenty of road rallying that goes on now, historic and otherwise.

It just doesn’t translate that well to a game, was interesting the first few times, but once the achievements were done, no reason to really go back to it.

I’m not sure it’ll have taken away dev time from a free roam, most of regularity rally’s implementation will have been just reconfiguring driving criteria, I.e average speed and finishing sectors within set times.

After 3.5 seasons of career mode, of which 1.5 were in the WRC class, I’ve come to a conclusion the WRC hybrid tech cars are awful. Undrivable. For me at least.

I’ve always preferred the 60s and 70s cars, and this regularity mode suits them perfectly. It’s now my favorite mode. Custom championship.

If there’s anything that could be improved would be changing up the target average speeds and placement of the checkpoints to keep things fresh.

Otherwise there’s nothing better than keeping pace on a twisty 31km stage at night, in the rain, with limited feedback from the codriver. Not so easy keeping up momentum on a low powered car through uphill twisty dirt roads.

Also, open for consideration would be the option to mix regularity point stages with special timed stages within an event. If that’s even possible, or was ever a thing back in the day.

Last edited:
Where has this mode been my entire life. Please EA, keep it.

Currently recreating the 1970 season from the short lived International Championship for Manufacturers (or oddly, the IMC) which ran from 1970-1972 using the Alpine A110.

What’s really missing is the final RAC Rally which I’m subbing for Oceania. (hint hint EA/CM)

Doubt anyone will recall playing CMR 3 from over 20 years ago, but there was a good rendition of the classic RAC you could use. Here’s the real thing for nostalgia purposes:

And for even more nostalgia. Stages 4-6 in this link especially.

Latest Posts

Back