Stage Maps

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
One of the things that doesn't sit too well with the fans is the complete lack of stage maps. The only way you can view them is to go into online, make a custom game under Jam Session and view each stage from there. However, someone at the Codemasters forums has compiled all of the stage maps, and I thought I'd repost them.

Finland
finland-overview.jpg

Kenya
kenya-overview.jpg

Michigan
michigan-overview.jpg

Norway
norway-overview.jpg

There's no maps for Head to Head, Trailblazer, Rallycross or Landrush (yet). You can really see just how much the stages share in common (though at least they're often run in different directions). It's most noticeable in Finland and Michigan, but not as prominent in Norway and Kenya.

Based on these maps, I've also manage to concoct the best string of five stages to form the ultimate rally. It looks like this:

1 - Mwanda, Kenya (not the longest stage, but the least-used)
2 - Lankamaa, Finland (notorious for mistakes online)
3 - Mountain Drive, Michigan (uses all the best roads, except for the satellite installations)
4 - Paalsrudvegen, Norway
5 - Kantvegen, Norway (these two stages have the least in common)

Although if we could use any stage - including Trailblazers - Norway's Vaaler Climb and Lake Gratiot in Michigan would be in there for sure.

I'm going to go try it out online right now.

Major thanks!! That's one thing that bugged me about DiRT3, i end up playing the same 2-3 times just to get the right car setting. While the DiRT series is pretty good the CMR line was to me a lot more complete rallying experience.

I've found some maps that show how all the stages overlap:

Finland:

386Finland_copy.jpg

Mutanen and Alhojarvi have the least overlap. Though it's a mystery to me why Codemasters didn't put Kaatselka and Alhojarvi together to make another big stage.

Michigan:

610Michigan_copy.jpg

Lighthouse View and Peninsula Run have the least overlap (what does overlap is run in different directions). But again, you can see how parts of Peninsula Run and Kenton Descent could be combined to make a big stage.

Norway:

578Norway_copy.jpg

Aastuevegen and Hamar Descent are completely unique. But you have to wonder why Codemasters didn't make two long stages by using the top part and the bottom part in each stage, with one using the left half of the loop and the other using the right.

Kenya:

562Kenya_copy.jpg

Chumvini Rise and Wundanyi Climb are also unique. A combination of Chumvini Rise, Crocodile Point and Wundanyi Climb would be awesome.

I also found this image of (apparently) the Monte Carlo stages:

573Monte_Carlo_copy.jpg

Lacet de Blanc and Sospel look pretty unique. And once again, why is there no stage that uses Sospel before looping up around the Col de Turini? Or runs around the loop in the other direction?

Actually, I have found them:

smelter-rallycrossjca0.jpg

smelter-landrushrgo7.jpg

monaco-rallycross8hah.jpg

coliseum-rallycrosszgld.jpg

aspen-rallycrossjcm9.jpg

aspen-landrush2dnr.jpg

You've probably also noticed that the Shibuya rallycross stages are the same as the ones in DIRT 2, with a few short versions that are new.

Latest Posts

Back