The Best and Worst Vision Gran Turismo Cars (In your Opinion)

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 104 comments
My least favorites are those from Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota and Lexus - they all felt like pre-existing concepts that were slightly tweaked. Granted, you could say that the Lexus LF-LC GT VGT served as a preview of the LC500h GT300, and I could also say that the Toyota VGT was part of the process that turned the FT-1 into the GR Supra. But Subaru and Mitsubishi don't seem too memorable in comparison, whereas I would've preferred to see the Lancer Evolution and WRX STI envisioned as prototype racers. Honestly, I just love it when VGTs can actually be eligible for a given group, whether it's the Toyota VGT in Gr.3 or the Hyundai N2025 VGT that fits into Gr.1, which is why I'm genuinely looking forward to the Gr.1 version of the Genesis VGT.
I somehow think the FT-1 VGT Gr.3 was a stopgap car until the GR Supra Racing Concept was ready.
Also to note is that while I'm definitely a fan of the Jaguar VGT Coupe and Roadster, I don't like how the VGT SV is a pure EV and not a hybrid, and as such, it's ineligible for Gr.1. It's especially notable when more recently, we're seeing a lot of automakers backpedal a bit on EVs in favor of HEVs/PHEVs. But since some automakers - including Jaguar and Peugeot - have created additional VGTs, maybe Jaguar will create a fourth VGT, where I'd hope it'd more or less be a hybrid version of the SV.
Not only that, the battery wear on the SV means that it can't be really used as an endurance racer like Jaguar hyped it for.
For me the worst are the "lazy" VGTs: when a brand takes one of their already released concept cars and simply makes a different version of it (Toyota, Mitsubishi, Subaru etc.). My favorites are Mazda, Bugatti and Lamborghini.
There is argument that the Bugatti could fall into the "lazy" group since the Chiron design was pre-finalized internally before the Bugatti VGT reveal.

Last edited:
Best:

BMW VGT - It feels so hooked up, and it looks great.

Worst (tie):

IsoRivolta Zagato VGT - I like the way it handles, but for my money, it's the ugliest car in the game.

Chaparral 2X VGT - Annoying since GT6. It looks awesome, but POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP. I dreaded doing that Daytona TT.

Suzuki tier of being a really fun car I want them to actually make
  • Suzuki
I like these tier
  • Ferrari
  • Audi
  • Mazda
  • Lexus
  • Bugatti
  • VW Supersport
I'm indifferent to these tier
  • Infiniti
  • Toyota
  • Honda
  • Genesis
  • Subaru
  • Mitsubishi
  • BMW
  • Mercedes
  • Zagato
  • VW Roadster
  • Peugeot L*HY
  • Alpine (all)
  • McLaren
I don't like these tier
  • Skoda
  • Porsche
  • Italdesign
  • SRT (all)
  • Bulgari
  • Lamborghini
  • Peugeot (the base VGT)
  • Mini
  • Nissan
Chaparral tier of bad laser-based science fiction
  • Chaparral 2X

The ordering within tiers is just the order I thought of the cars, they aren't ranked within tiers. Special shoutout to the GTS-R Tomahawk for being maybe the most useless car in any GT - you can't enter any events with it, but it's also always slower than the X so it's never an optimal car for custom/quick race grinding either.
I forgot the Daihatsu, as it turns out.

It's second bottom for me. Not for performance reasons - the Daihatsu should absolutely be slow - but because to me, from the standard angle it always looks like they took a Copen, and put its chassis on a stand or a plinth, like it's meant for a display case instead of driving. It just doesn't look like it should function to me.

There is argument that the Bugatti could fall into the "lazy" group since the Chiron design was pre-finalized internally before the Bugatti VGT reveal.
I think it's better to preview a future design (Bugatti) than to reuse a previous design (Toyota). :)

I think it's better to preview a future design (Bugatti) than to reuse a previous design (Toyota). :)
When the Toyota VGT was revealed back in 2014 they were previewing a future design (Supra GR and the '19 race car variant).

The Bugatti, Toyota, Daihatsu and BMW were the only ones that previewed either an actual future design or company design language. One could argue that they might be the only ones that stayed true to the original concept of VGT program and that the others all became willy-waving what-if machines.

Last edited:
Best: BMW VGT
Worst: Chaparral 2X
Explained with an image:

3 best for me: BMW, Honda and Suzuki (good looking, grounded specs, and usefuls on events into the game. In the case of Honda you can even tell it resembles what a modern S2000 would be and the BMW I have seen photos of people doing widebodied M2s based on the VGT)
18f2ef1f8e736-screenshotUrl.png

3 worst for me : Chaparral, mitsubishi and Daihatsu (Chaparral is literally a spaceship and an ugly one lol, Mitsubishi is lazy, uninspired and recicled and Daihatsu is basically a modern copen with a widebody kit)
18f2ef307b194-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
In total, I've only owned the Infiniti, Tomahawk,BMW,Subaru,and Honda VGTs but the Honda was the best one. Personally, I love it's design,and interior. Feel like it's underrated, but hey, most of my garage is Porsches and Chevys,so what do I know?

I have a soft spot for the Subaru, since it’s a bit like the car I swooned for for a few years but was never given the opportunity to buy (Levorg.) It also sounded pretty good. The Suzuki is also neat.

As for worst, I can’t even name the many similar-appearing swoopy shilouette cars. The way many of the VGT cars look so alike, it’s almost like 70’s/80’s hatchback levels of convergent evolution. Didn’t any of these guys check to see what other manufacturers did before popping out their VGTs?

Like which?
I don’t know, I honestly stopped paying much attention to them before GT Sport. They’re like SUVs and crossovers, they all sorta look the same to me since I’m disinterested. When I hear VGT I think of an arbitrarily swoopy, indistinct blob like this:

1714676381573.jpeg

Looking through all the VGTs I guess that’s really like a quarter of them, so I overgeneralized.

Best VGTs for me are LM55 mazda and Bugatti gr1 .
Are both extremely " versatile " in terms of use them from any other .
The worst by far as i can remember was the Subaru one .

Latest Posts

Back