The Engine Tone Of The ZR1 is Brutal! What is Your Favorite?

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 26 comments
United States
United States
I almost forgot how much I love the Corvette ZR1 in this game. It's an absolute beast and after you install the exhaust manifold, racing exhaust, and cams, it just sounds insane (I think adding the cams raises the limiter, but don't know for sure). Highly recommend this machine.

6b9d739c980167a918134184d24aa2f2_photo.webp

Coupled with that, using a stick and clutch combo and it's all the more fun. Hitting the next gear, blipping the throttle for heal-toe downshifts, you just feel so much more connected to the car when it has three pedals (speaking from real world experience, and virtual). Stick shifts will never be as fast as flappy paddles, but they'll always have more soul.

Anyway, I am getting off topic... so let's go for a ride around N24, and crank up those speakers!

So what car/exhaust combo is your favorite (vids welcome)?

My daily driver: an F-150 STX with all the STX option packages and a first gen Coyote.
Oh...in game...? The Audi e-tron VGT. The hum of electronics and the intense interior lighting are good.

@Talon16 The ZR1 holds a special place in my heart lol! I used it in the 700pp chilli stock and it performed for me! Such a great car!

Last edited:
I can't choose just one.
TCM-spec(read Trans-Am) Boss 429 is loverly.
Racing Exhaust on the Civic TC. So sweet.
My Group A RS500.
10000rpm S.S.AE86.
The howl of the GT4 Supra.
240ZG is nuts with the Racing Exhaust.
Same with the Hakosuka and KenMeri.

I'll chill. Too many to list. :)

I can't choose just one.
TCM-spec(read Trans-Am) Boss 429 is loverly.
Racing Exhaust on the Civic TC. So sweet.
My Group A RS500.
10000rpm S.S.AE86.
The howl of the GT4 Supra.
240ZG is nuts with the Racing Exhaust.
Same with the Hakosuka and KenMeri.

I'll chill. Too many to list. :)
Those straight 4/6 N/A engines from old classic JDM cars sounds so good.

The Ferrari F50 sounds like a F50 GT when fully modded and the Enzo has a nice tone with decent intake noise with racing exhaust + sport intake I believe, i'll have to check later. The Porsche 930 also sounds pretty nice with a sports exhaust aswell, reminds me of the Ruf BTR from GT4 which I thought sounded really nice.

Last edited:
The ZR1 does sound brutal once tuned. Weirdly, some cars once fully upgraded, don't change their sound pitch, despite revving higher. The Mazda 3 is a great example, sounding like it's barely starting to breath when it's hitting near 9000rpm.
But, the ZR1 with all the upgrades revs higher and sounds higher in pitch, and it sounds bloody brilliant for it.
Other good examples are the Evo VI T.M, the LFA (you don't say?), the Delta Evo, R33, and I think the Ferrari Daytona, to name a few

I'm biased as I'm a rotary fan boy, but I will ALWAYS love the way the 787B sounds. PD didn't get it perfect, but it's damn close enough.

Whenever I load in to a single player race I have to wait in the menu screen for a little while just to hear the banshee's scream as the AI does the warm up session.

I almost forgot how much I love the Corvette ZR1 in this game. It's an absolute beast and after you install the exhaust manifold, racing exhaust, and cams, it just sounds insane (I think adding the cams raises the limiter, but don't know for sure). Highly recommend this machine.

Coupled with that, using a stick and clutch combo and it's all the more fun. Hitting the next gear, blipping the throttle for heal-toe downshifts, you just feel so much more connected to the car when it has three pedals (speaking from real world experience, and virtual). Stick shifts will never be as fast as flappy paddles, but they'll always have more soul.

Anyway, I am getting off topic... so let's go for a ride around N24, and crank up those speakers!

I remember being at Le Mans at night and the Corvettes thundering past the finish line grand stands. And lying in my tent at night on Beausejour and hearing the Vettes thundering over the ligne droite des Hunaudieres.
Epic.

I know I am partial, but the dry metallic cough of the Cayman GT4 reminds me of, well, my 986 Boxster :D

Last edited:
The ZR1 does sound brutal once tuned. Weirdly, some cars once fully upgraded, don't change their sound pitch, despite revving higher. The Mazda 3 is a great example, sounding like it's barely starting to breath when it's hitting near 9000rpm.
But, the ZR1 with all the upgrades revs higher and sounds higher in pitch, and it sounds bloody brilliant for it.
Other good examples are the Evo VI T.M, the LFA (you don't say?), the Delta Evo, R33, and I think the Ferrari Daytona, to name a few
Yeah, the Ferrari is bonkers as well. Scary as it accelerates to top speed and getting louder.

I've been talking about this since launch, and it really is a shame. Even some stock cars don't sound high-pitched enough, and it gets even worse once you install upgrades.

Something like the Murcielago sounds so perfect tone-wise, but the pitch just isn't there - revving to 8.5k yet audibly peaking at 7.5.

Last edited:
I've been talking about this since launch, and it really is a shame. Even some stock cars don't sound high-pitched enough, and it gets even worse once you install upgrades.

Something like the Murcielago sounds so perfect tone-wise, but the pitch just isn't there - revving to 8.5k yet audibly peaking at 7.5.
Agreed. Meanwhile the Aventador is screaming like a banshee. I love how I get rev-happy goodness from a 2007 Swift but not a Mk4 Supra.

Agreed. Meanwhile the Aventador is screaming like a banshee. I love how I get rev-happy goodness from a 2007 Swift but not a Mk4 Supra.
Nah, the Supra is one of the cars that actually work with upgrades. It's the NSX that really has problems there...

Nah, the Supra is one of the cars that actually work with upgrades. It's the NSX that really has problems there...
Really? I could've sworn the 1990's Supra retained the same pitch. Even if not, the engine is very muted. I agree about the NSX though, and the GTO has the same issue.

agreed on the clutch using. i have the g29 and the stick shifter. i placed a real round shift knob in place of the plastic one that came with it, and it adds some weight to it. feels almost like you can feel the gears catch through it in your mind when you get the grove down. i gotta remind myself to not slam it into gears or it might break lol

Back