The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #41 (Tour de Force) Closed

• Thread starter Racerx_34
  • 70 comments
FINAL ENTRY

MASTERCARD LOLA FORD LE MANS HYPERCAR
PS4 PRO

Jumping back on the LEC horse after missing the last dozen or so. :cheers:

What a terrific theme that allows us to celebrate all that we love about motorsport liveries. For me some of the F1 Rejects had the best around, and for this edition I chose to replicate the infamous Mastercard Lola Ford F1 entry from 1997. Technically Un-raced as it failed to beat the 107% rule due to being apocalyptically slow, it still looked amazing during practice and qualifying in the Melbourne sunshine. For those unfamiliar with the story of the team that only lasted one weekend, it's definitely a story worth hearing.

For this livery, I chose to use the modern logo versions of the sponsors where possible rather than those from 1997, which seems to work well on the Toyota Hypercar Chassis. Lots of primitives involved but a big shoutout to all the decal makers here who saved me a bunch of work. Only had to make the driver names and we we're golden.

1712691921768.png

A small Question, can you add Gran Turismo Sport liveries which you adjust to GT7 specs?

Because I see in this competitions liveries which competed in the LEC of Gran Turismo Sport. Even won a LEC's in Gran Turismo 7 competition......

A small Question, can you add Gran Turismo Sport liveries which you adjust to GT7 specs?

Because I see in this competitions liveries which competed in the LEC of Gran Turismo Sport. Even won a LEC's in Gran Turismo 7 competition......
Yes, you can import your own GT Sport liveries into GT7.

Yes, you can import your own GT Sport liveries into GT7.
I know I can import them but the question is can I compete with GT Sport liveries which has been in the LEC competition of Gran Turismo Sport. But with small adjustments in GT7 due to some small differences between the two games.

I ask this question because I see previous winners and entries in the LEC Competition of Gran Turismo Sport in the LEC competition of Gran Turismo 7. Which again win......... with the same car and livery

Just my two cents...

Given there's no real functionality advantage in having made a livery in GT Sport, carrying it over and entering it now would probably be fine.

The rules do state that it shouldn't have been used in a livery editor competition before (though I suppose it might be possible to draw a distinction between GTS LEC's and GT7's in that respect), but I've not noticed any repeat entries, certainly not winners or podium placers... which ones are you referring to?

Just my two cents...

Given there's no real functionality advantage in having made a livery in GT Sport, carrying it over and entering it now would probably be fine.

The rules do state that it shouldn't have been used in a livery editor competition before (though I suppose it might be possible to draw a distinction between GTS LEC's and GT7's in that respect), but I've not noticed any repeat entries, certainly not winners or podium placers... which ones are you referring to?
I agree with the above. Makes sense.

This intrigues me as to which liveries in this round your talking about 🤔

I know I can import them but the question is can I compete with GT Sport liveries which has been in the LEC competition of Gran Turismo Sport. But with small adjustments in GT7 due to some small differences between the two games.

I ask this question because I see previous winners and entries in the LEC Competition of Gran Turismo Sport in the LEC competition of Gran Turismo 7. Which again win......... with the same car and livery
Got the receipts?

FINAL ENTRY

Peugeot 908 HDI FAP Hasseröder STW

PS5 Framerate

It's so great to see, that we got more interest in our beloved LEC. Can't praise @Racerx_34 enough for his work.

Although my work / life balance is currently out of control, I wanted to create something for this LEC to participate with all you amazing queens and kings of livery creation.

FINAL ENTRY

PS5 RayTrace
I’ve been looking for a livery to do on my Audi VGT for a while so this gave me the perfect opportunity, I felt the shape gave it almost a touring car vibe, but the classic Audi touring car liveries didn’t seem right so I decided to take the Adrian Flux Subaru livery I made a while ago and adapt it to the Audi.

Thanks to @Racerx_34 for taking on the LEC’s :cheers:

Livery Link

Loosely based off the modern Duckhams Porsche Carrera Cup GB Series. I looked and didn't find another 962 with this livery, so I thought it would be a good one to put on a GR1 for this LEC. Need to fix a few things that can't be seen in the pics, then I'll get it uploaded.

The #51 Porsche 935K2 adorned in Vaillant livery is one of my all time favourite cars, and I love the Vaillant colour scheme on a modern Porsche, so I decided to mash the two up on the 919 hybrid and made it race ready for the 2016 edition of the race, mixing up modern and vintage sponsors for a new take on a retro classic.

This is one of the few cases where the default scene does the livery zero justice, so I tried to use the bonus images to show off the detail you can't see in the garage such as the contrast between semi-gloss decals and metallic paint, bonnet stripes (which were a very tricky detail to get right along the body!). Loads of time spent studying the originals (935 and 919) and trying to make the best match possible while being an original interpretation.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I'd been previously playing around with Moto GP liveries on the GR010 so
the idea of this LEC appealed to me even before the Toyota GT-One was brought back.

I'd already used the VR46 Carbon as the header so revisiting the LCR Castrol
design and tidying it up, finding more sponsors from the bike, seemed the better option.

It was also a nice opportunity to use a Castrol Toyota livery.

Last edited:
Target Telmex livery from the 2012 Rolex Daytona 24. Original car was a Grand Am DP run by Chip Ganassi, since that ran a Dinan BMW engine I thought the Gr2 McF1 would be a suitable analog.

FINAL ENTRY
PS5 Raytracing

As the first F1 champion from Finland, Keke Rosberg's DTM livery from the last races of his career was a good idea to create. There was no Opel in this version, so took Honda for the basist. He won with Honda Williams the F1 in 1982. He drove DTM in his own team.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
Based on the Team Oreca Dallara SP1 which came 6th in the 2002 Lemans:
I looked for a livery that could feasibly have appeared on the short-lived GT-One, with a similar-ish body shape; maybe if Toyota had a few spares they could have passed them on to Oreca for 2002, the way other manufacturers like Porsche and Mclaren would sell the previous year's model to independent teams.

I'm sure I've seen someone on here with the Viper version of the livery, if that was SuperPilot on GT7, thank you for the decals 👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back