Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,669 comments
Where did PD come up with that funny name, AFEELA.
It didn't. That's the real name of the car.

Hello friends!!

Well, with two dust busters for time trials I can’t say I’m enthusiastic about jumping into the cockpit today (the racing cockpit 👀). I have two days to place well in the Skoda; some added motivation being I’ve somehow finished in the world top 50 for the last four time trials 🤯

I’ve not driven the Sony EV yet but given that it’s an anonymous blob of an EV on sports hard tyres I’m not holding out hope, am I right in thinking it was also given to us for free?? They must have real confidence in us desiring this machine 👀

IMG_6662.jpeg

I tried to get into the 1:32 club in the Shaguar last night but sadly the lack of a jarringly ugly livery probably cost me at least one tenth of a second… I could have tried CSA strong for a bit of extra booost through sector two but to be honest it was quite fun just winging it all assists off (besides ABS, which had a huge effect on the XJ13 imo)

Last edited:
Dear Time Trial friends, for those on controllers (especially the DS4) what controller sensitivity are you guys using? And what would be the pros of having it higher or lower?🤔
I got this setting around 5-7, but recently while it was the McLaren VGT at Suzuka I changed it to 10 and found out it turns a little better (I steer with directionals). Left this setting for now, probably until the next twitchy monster. Only the Chap at Daytona oval called for -2 (and I wished there was -20).

Fortunately this is veeeery easy to gold, glad to have this off my skin early on.

I also deciphered what AFEELA stands for: A F%&#@€$ Electric, Eugh, Lame Automobile.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240502132625.jpg

Hey @MattD42 , how are you coming along with the TT's the past 4-5 months? Wow, it's May 2nd, almost half the year is gone. That's how fast time goes when we're hot lapping and having fun racing around the tracks.
I've been enjoying them, I just like driving anything as quickly as I can. Time flies when you're having fun, and I certainly have been with university and various other things

Back