Tokyo East Clockwise CE bug

• Thread starter ophaus
  • 7 comments
United States
New Hampshire
ophaus
BUG REPORT ?

The time was definitely set with a car with more power/better tuning than the car you use, especially noticeable on sector 2. Even in the initial flat-out section, the demonstration car (with TC on) outpaces you... spent hours trying to get the gold in this sector, managed to get within a couple hundredths somehow. While I'm not the swiftest driver out there, I did the next sector gold on the first try and the whole lap gold on the second. This sector reminds me of when those dirt missions were glitched with the wrong tires... so frustrating.

Sometimes the sample laps are extremely fast. A good example is Suzuka where I couldn't match the ghost no matter what. Tokyo Expressway is far from the easiest trial too.

Just had a go at sector 2 and it seemed fine. It's a tricky one as you have to carry a load of speed through the chicane and there's little margin of error as touching the wall is an instant fail, but there's nothing buggy about it.

If you're losing time to the ghost in the initial flat out section then maybe you have a hardware failure? Do you have a video of your attempts and is the throttle bar showing full throttle?

Like the post above me says though, you don't need to beat the ghost to get the gold time so don't worry about that.

Last edited:
Just had a go at sector 2 and it seemed fine. It's a tricky one as you have to carry a load of speed through the chicane and there's little margin of error as touching the wall is an instant fail, but there's nothing buggy about it.

If you're losing time to the ghost in the initial flat out section then maybe you have a hardware failure? Do you have a video of your attempts and is the throttle bar showing full throttle?

Like the post above me says though, you don't need to beat the ghost to get the gold time so don't worry about that.
It was definitely full throttle, tried it with several devices. Will look again closely when I get back... maybe I had so many attempts that the test car needed an oil change? I suppose stranger things have happened. The difference becomes significant throughout the long sector... guess I'll keep plugging away and get that last little slice. This is the roughest sector of any CE, if this is actually intentional.

This section? I remember it being really frustrating!

Yep. I've spent more time on this sector than I have for 90% of the other CEs in their entirety. Think there's some time for me to gain in the last two corners, but still obnoxious AF.

Yep. I've spent more time on this sector than I have for 90% of the other CEs in their entirety. Think there's some time for me to gain in the last two corners, but still obnoxious AF.
It's definitely one of the toughest! The wall touch is really unforgiving

Back