Tuning for Gillet Vertigo?

• Thread starter CA1N
  • 6 comments
So I've been looking around and the Gillet Vertigo seems to be an amazing value considering the power/weight ratio. It's small enough to qualify as a compact car, yet has over 1,000hp when fully upgraded. I've been playing with the suspension for the last couple of days trying to maximize it's potential. I've gotten it to handle far better than its stock configuration, but I still feel as if the car is capable of more. Has anyone experimented with this car, or found a suspension set up that works well for them? I would love to swap set-ups to experiment with.

Yes... I used the Gillet considerably in GT3. Tuned it to be one of my favorite cars... got it to a good point, although there is always a bit more to get out of it. I'll get the setup for you on Monday.

How have you got it set up?

Sweet. I'd appreciate it. The Vertigo used to be one of my favorite cars in GT3 as well, but I've lost my old memory card, and unfortunately the settings for the car went with it. If you could post the settings you've had the best luck with I'd love to take a look at them and try them out. I will post my current settings for the car as well. We can do a little bit of pick-and-choose; go through and tweak the car to fully maximize it's potential. I can't wait to get it back up and running in all of its glory. The car has balls to spare, and I love how it just sticks to the road.
Thanks for the reply, and I'll look forward to seeing your setup.

CA1N

Any chance of these settings chaps? I'm using the Gillet round the ring at the moment and it's bouncing and skipping all over the place.
Thanks,
gcol

gcol
Any chance of these settings chaps? I'm using the Gillet round the ring at the moment and it's bouncing and skipping all over the place.
Thanks,
gcol

Haven't tried them in GT4 yet, but these transformed the Vertigo in GT3:

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=6101J6405086A0741

Note that the Brake Balance and Downforce scales are different in GT4, so you'll need to adjust them accordingly.

(By the way, in my Le Mans car test, my B-Spec driver was unable to drive the Vertigo. He had no idea where the Mulsanne Corner braking point should be, and the straightaway wall-slam glitch on Sarthe affected this car far more than any other.)

Well, I am not that much of a hardcore tuner, but I have been fiddling around with this crazy little vehicle for a few days. B-Spec Bob and I seem to agree that when we originally got the Vertigo in our garage that it looked a heck of a lot better than it drove. So since we haven't hired any technicians for our race shop, we grabbed a few hammers and tried to mash the buttons until we found something that worked better. Here's what we came up with (be gentle in response, Bob and I prefer driving, not tuning):

Spring Rate (F) 20.0 (R) 18.5
Ride Height (F) 65 (R) 68
Shock Bound (F) 7 (R) 7
Shock Rebound (F) 7 (R) 7
Camber Angle (F) 2.2 (R) 1.6
Toe Angle (F) -4 (R) +4
Stabilizers (F) 2 (R) 2
Trans Auto set 20
Downforce Full
Ballast: 120kg*
ASM 0
TCS 3
BRAKES 3/3

Bob and I worked this out at our test track (Midway) and it seemed to get about a full second better times than the settings in the link posted above (It has GT3 settings, which are really for a different car and as Zardoz mentioned, different scales. Although I do thank Mr. Zardoz much for his links and the awesome thread about the race car comparison. Kudos for those). Oh, and the ride height in the link sends sparks flying on various areas of several tracks. It might be a bit too low for Sarthe II as well (the wall-slam "bug"), but I have not tested that yet. Will try later. Now, as I say, I am not a really big tuner, but I figured that since the Vertigo is so different from GT3 "out of the box", that something needed to be said about GT4's version. After all, on paper it looks amazing, but when you first run it on your favorite track, you want to park it in a brick wall (if B-Spec Bob hasn't already done it for you) instead of taking it back to the garage.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you can massage these settings a bit to get better results. I am just beginning to find all of the fiddly little things that you can change for better or worse performance.

*Note: We like to do the Family Cup at Sarthe I with this set-up against the other high-end GT-based vehicles like the GT Spec-II, to keep things more competitive. Even though the HP and P/W on ths car look great, we actually add ballast to reach a weight of 900kg and keep the stock HP and go out and have fun against other similar looking cars. (I just find it weird to watch this car go against the LMP type vehicles.) So if you are maxing out the HP and keeping the stock weight, other settings might work a bit better.

Edited for spelling...goodness, I should wake up before I start babbling like this...

Latest Posts

Back