Used car lot

United States
United States
What type of algorithm is running the used car lot?

I’m sick and tired of the same cars being on there week after week while we wait months for 1 POS car to hit the lot so we can get our roulette tickets.

Additionally, why are there cars sold in the used car lot that can be bought brand new for less than 100k? We are not on the same 5 year plan you all are on. We are looking for in-game enrichment every time we get on the game. We aren’t looking to suffer through the cooperate greed of a company that releases a ****** product every half decade.

Last edited:
What type of algorithm is running the used car lot?
It appears to be a relatively simple rotation, with the odd anomaly.
I’m sick and tired of the same cars being on there week after week while we wait months for 1 POS car to hit the lot so we can get our roulette tickets.
There's roughly 70-80 cars in there, with 30 displayed at any given time. Given that an average of two are replaced every day, it takes roughly 25-30 days for all cars to cycle through once.

"Months" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Don't worry soon you'll own every car that comes through there aside from color choices. It's a pretty sad repository checking day in and day out.

I havent bought anything there in months unless I really wanted it...

All the used car dealer is to me in my current end game is selling off junk I don't want.

I think there just isn't enough cars to keep the used car cycle interesting...Although I'd rather see it cycle every 6 or 12hr just to keep it fresh

I know therte's a regular used car thread, but I tell you, there should be a UCD for the Gr. cars as well. No doubt it has been wished and suggested for such an option, but it would be... another option. The appraisal button, is a fancy way to discard the car.
We can buy the old Civic TC. It even comes standard with grooved tyres as an entry level grassroots racer. The MX-5 TC and Silvia TC should have been treated in the same way. I mean, look at all the race cars in the LCD. Plus, the Diablo GT(it's borderline).

As much time it took to think it up and finally, include it in the game, it's a shallow feature(or option). I can discard any car in my garage, but not the last duplicate, an LCD gift car or the car I'm current in. Yet, I can discard all duplicates with the UCD.

It appears to be a relatively simple rotation, with the odd anomaly.

There's roughly 70-80 cars in there, with 30 displayed at any given time. Given that an average of two are replaced every day, it takes roughly 25-30 days for all cars to cycle through once.

"Months" is a bit of an exaggeration.
Pantera has been on there at least 16 out of the last 21 days. Renault R5 turbo was just on last week and is already back. S13 has also been on there 3 times within the past 3 weeks. Something is not consistent. I could buy the Pantera every week if I wanted to. It’s almost as if they have a certain amount of spots allocated in regards to vehicle tier or category, and certain cars are coming back in to the rotation as if they fall in to two or more categories. Most likely not the case but I do know there are certain cars constantly coming back on to the lot week after week, while some take significantly longer.

Last edited:
Pantera has been on there at least 16 out of the last 21 days. Renault R5 turbo was just on last week and is already back. S13 has also been on there 3 times within the past 3 weeks. Something is not consistent. I could buy the Pantera every week if I wanted to. It’s almost as if they have a certain amount of spots allocated in regards to vehicle tier or category, and certain cars are coming back in to the rotation as if they fall in to two or more categories. Most likely not the case but I do know there are certain cars constantly coming back on to the lot week after week, while some take significantly longer.
Not exactly. Prior to its last 4-day run (it sold out overnight), the Pantera last appeared starting 11/14 and sold out 11/23. Before that, it was 10/13-10/24.

As for the S13, there are two varieties, the 1988 Silvia Q's (last showed up last night) and 1990 K's Dia Selection (last appeared 12/12-12/18). Prior to that, the Q's was last available 11/19-11/26 and the K's was last available 11/14-11/22.

To prove @Famine's point (though it's 106 cars total in the UCD and 71 available only from the UCD), the car that's been gone the longest from the UCD is the 2005 MINI MINI Cooper S, which last sold out 11/23.

Last edited:
Back