Using ghosts

• Thread starter Wulfby
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All, I'm new to GT7. I've read that you you can use others ghosts to practice against. I'm just not sure how to set it up.

I think it's in Circuit Experience. I see an option to set a personal ghost but that's no good, I need to follow good drivers to improve.

Can anyone help.

Welcome to GTPlanet, and by extension, to the world of GT7!

So basically, anytime someone uploads their hotlap replay, the ghost is automatically linked to it.

The only way you can use someone else's ghost without being friends with them is manually searching.

Thanks, it's the process I'm stuck with. Which section do I use, Daily races, circuit experience?

I can't find an option to select and learn from them.

Hi All, I'm new to GT7. I've read that you you can use others ghosts to practice against. I'm just not sure how to set it up.

I think it's in Circuit Experience. I see an option to set a personal ghost but that's no good, I need to follow good drivers to improve.

Can anyone help.
If you turn the demo ghost on, that's always a gold time.

Welcome!

As @Famine mentioned above - when you go into Circuit Experience and go into "Ghost Settings," there should be two options.
One is for the "personal ghost" (sounds like you've found that already). You'll want to turn that off and turn on the "Demonstration Ghost." You can do the same thing for the license tests.

The demo ghost is always a gold time for that sector or for the entire lap. For the full lap, the ghost is usually a few seconds faster than the gold time. If you're practicing an entire lap, I STRONGLY recommend turning on "reset after every sector" (that way the ghost isn't miles off in the distance by the end of the lap).

You can also use other ghosts in the online Time Trials or load them from the showcase. Although, if you are new to GT7, you may get the most value from studying the circuit experience ghosts.

Back