Vauxhall Vectra on Top Gear -- "Appalling Understeer"

• Thread starter DGXR
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
DGXR
DGXR1
This made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. Maybe it's his attitude of pure disgust, disbelief, and contempt... maybe it's the car going nearly straight at full lock... maybe it's the whole thing.

Is this really so funny? Or is it just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4kPODqv58

Something tells me the front tire pressure was too high.

If you've got all that power going to the front wheels its gonna happen.

That and he has a history with the Vectra. Look that one up for a good read ;)

It's the way Clarkson drives the thing. Full throttle and full lock will result in atrocious understeer of course. I still find it hard to believe people believe a pinch of whatever Top Gear sez.

It's blown up to make good TV of course but it does look pretty bad, full lock or not. There was another thing on Top Gear where they hit the hammerhead with various cars including a Smart Fortwo and it pretty much just went in a straight line, that was pretty funny.

Having tried the TGTT in Forza 4 with a Smart it's not too far off, it's a weird little car when taken to the limit but of course it was never made for that :)

That's actually almost true. (The video). My dad owns the normal one and what he says about the chassis, it really drives weird.

And I went with his car to work because I had to pick him up tomorrow morning, but the car kinda broke down driving home. It stutters heavily. Stationary it's going from 300 to 1200 rpm and it sounds like it sometimes cutting cylinders. When I just drive it theres not really a problem but in low gears you still feel the engine stutter.

And this is I think the fourth time the car is not doing so well..

Back