Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,813 comments
Last night I got the 5 races done, here it goes my choices:

• Special Event Lake Louise - Lamborghini Urus (of course....)
  • American FR 550 Trial Mountain reverse - Viper GTS '02 (stock with sport brakes. SH)
  • Japanese FR 450 Tokyo - Toyota Supra '88 (stock CM)
  • Race of Turbo Cars Suzuka - RUF CTR3 (stock with sport brakes. SH)
  • WTC 800 10 laps Lago Maggiore - BMW McLaren F1 '97 longtail Gr2 (detuned with power restriction. RM FM1. Pit stop at lap 5 for new tyres and a pinch of gas)

The Lake Louise event was horrible but I hate to admit, as much as I despise the SUV trend of nowadays automobile industry the Urus is fun to drive in the game. It's big, loud, fast and different! I may apply Praiano's tune to it and see where else can I drive it.

Lago Maggiore is the best of the original tracks in the PS4/PS5 era (not counting the classics or their remakes) and it fits the Gr3 perfectly.

All tickets received just fine.

Last edited:
Three races done and what a blast I had. I really really love racing in subpar cars, must be that classic underdog scenario that triggers me. I've done every race 3 to 5 times, mentioned the best of them below :

Race 1
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240503134811.jpg

Skyline 2000GT-R '70 - quasi stock - 117 kW - 1.100 kg - CM - 387,85 PP / P1 - RT 3:26,473 - FL 1:39,925 - CRB
Best hood design ever, really proud of it ... :lol:

Race 2
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240503174814.jpg

Chevelle SS 454 '70 - quasi stock - 335 kW - 1.767 kg - CS - 503,70 PP / P1 - RT 7:01,217 - FL 2:18,983 - CRB
My oh my, what hell of an engine this car has ... :crazy:

Race 3
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240504154808.jpg

Urus '18 - quasi stock - 382 kW - 2.202 kg - S - 500,00 PP / P1 - RT 5:23,438 - FL 1:45,910 - CRB
It's been reported before : it's fast n furious fat n loud ! :D

I'll move on soon to Suzuka and Lake Maggiore. Since I'm not experienced with too many cars, is the Aston Martin DBR9 worth an attempt in the WTC 800 challenge ? Tips appreciated. ;)

Race 1 - Fairlady Z 300ZX 2seater '89 - from wall to wall, damaged whole race... I don't like this Tokyo layouts. Finished 3rd, got 100k ticket.

18f44fafa7c28-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Camaro Z28 ' 69 - don't like whole reverse opinion, but at TM I easily came to victory in well sounded Z28.

18f44fb213e48-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - Urus '18 - must say it's a fun race, but I still don't know the layout so I finished 3rd. Got the 200k ticket.

18f44fb4cb622-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last night I got the 5 races done, here it goes my choices:

• Special Event Lake Louise - Lamborghini Urus (of course....)
  • American FR 550 Trial Mountain reverse - Viper GTS '02 (stock with sport brakes. SH)
  • Japanese FR 450 Tokyo - Toyota Supra '88 (stock CM)
  • Race of Turbo Cars Suzuka - RUF CTR3 (stock with sport brakes. SH)
  • WTC 800 10 laps Lago Maggiore - BMW McLaren F1 '97 longtail Gr2 (detuned with power restriction. RM FM1. Pit stop at lap 5 for new tyres and a pinch of gas)
The CTR3 is a BEAST. I love this car.

Played around with 3 of the races today. This time tried my Shelby 350 on SH. Fun race for sure until P1 punted me on lap 4. Was able to catch up to him (2015 Mustang GT) and still won it.
Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Tokyo in one of my Hachis. Mildly modded at 145hp and only a bit over the pp. Fun one. Good battle with P1 until the end when I overtook him at the last turn:
Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Decided to use Suzuka to test drive my Amemiya which I've never driven. Went out on SH. Right after the second turn, sun turned into dark and bam,downpour for about half a lap then gone. Then on lap 3 is when crap hit the fan. Another downpour this time it soaked the track and kept it wet until the last lap. It felt like my 5 laps were 10. lol Finished in second after slipping and sliding off twice.
Suzuka Circuit_ (9) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Another fine set of races - very enjoyable! Used FM 6 (gradually lowered to 1 as the race went on) to start the last one using the Jag Gr.1 (I don't think of it as "cheating" as the PP is within limits!). No need to pit, really enjoyable race!
Gifts better this week - Cr. 100k, 200k and 500k, very welcome!

Last edited:
Another decent run.
  • Japanese FR 450 - Mazda MX-5 NR-A 🔰
  • American Clubman Cup - Dodge Super Bee 🔰
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • Turbo Sports - Bugatti Chiron 🔰
  • WTC800 - VW Beetle Gr 3 🔰
Reward:
  • Suzuki V6 from 6-Star Engine Ticket (Daily)
That's a decent daily reward prize!! 🔥

Had a good time with this week's races. Tried to pick cars that would provide a close battle with a bit of a challenge.

WTC800 at Autodrome Lago Maggiore
My favorite thing in the world is rolling up to a competition between modern race cars in this little innocuous yellow '95 Lancer Evolution, and proceeding to reel them in one at a time lap after lap. FM2 for 6 laps on RH tires, FM1 for the final 4 on RM tires has me taking the lead at the start of lap 9. Viper tried to keep up, but never stood a chance.

View attachment 1352578
Sry for being a little naiv and asking, is that "little innocuous yellow '95 Lancer Evolution" an engine-swapped car ?
Btw I fully understand the satisfaction within ... :D

These races were fun. Quick and enjoyable. I still hate the Urus. Even on snow it sucks. 😂😂 I'm going to go back as I only managed a second at Tokyo after a couple dumb mistakes and I also need to redo Suzuka for the CRB. Not much time so I'm going to have to spend a little golding the TT before I do that... Cheers all!

I did this week's challenges in record time (within 48 hours) which is unusual for me, probably due to being in a pretty good Gran Turismo place so the moment. The races were very enjoyable, too. All cars Stock unless otherwise mentioned.

Japanese FR 450 - Silvia Ks S13. An absolute pleasure to fling around that flowing city circuit.

American Clubman Cup - Mustang Boss. The speed of the Chevelle and the Viper had me scared but the AI cornering standards are atrocious.

Special Event - Urus. Great race. Would grind for credits if that were my thing.

Turbo Sports - GTR Safety car. Found it quite a handful after all the free upgrades from daily tickets. High RPM turbo/Camshaft/Full Weight reduction. Might need tuning to extract performance.

WTC800 - Corvette Gr3. Pretty easy win on the second attempt, the first was ruined by "last of the late breakers Ordoñez" in his V8 Vantage quite late in the race. It was a divebomb straight outta Daily Race B, he completely span me round. I gave him a wide berth the next time.

Last edited:
I bought every conceivable part for the Urus that's also practical - even the two Ultimate Parts that one can get for it. This is so that with Sport Softs, it barely hits the 700 PP cap for the Race of Turbo Sportscars, so it doesn't need drastic cuts to its power nor increases in ballast to meet regulations. Though it still has over 900HP, so that'll be interesting for sure when it give it a swing.

Also, I tried doing the Japanese FR Challenge 450 using the Sileighty on its stock Comfort Softs and minute tweaks to its power/weight to get it just under 450 PP, but only got P2. Of course, I already got P1 for this event previously, and coming in the top three is good enough for the challenge, so it's no biggie. But then I tried tweaking the ballast and power while putting it on Sport Hards, and got exactly 450.00 PP - maybe I'll try that event with such a setup, just to see if I can win it.

Last edited:
I did this week's challenges in record time (within 48 hours) which is unusual for me, probably due to being in a pretty good Gran Turismo place so the moment. The races were very enjoyable, too. All cars Stock unless otherwise mentioned.

Japanese FR 450 - Silvia Ks S13. An absolute pleasure to fling around that flowing city circuit.

American Clubman Cup - Mustang Boss. The speed of the Chevelle and the Viper had me scared but the AI cornering standards are atrocious.

Special Event - Urus. Great race. Would grind for credits if that were my thing.

Turbo Sports - GTR Safety car. Found it quite a handful after all the free upgrades from daily tickets. High RPM turbo/Camshaft/Full Weight reduction. Might need tuning to extract performance.

WTC800 - Corvette Gr3. Pretty easy win on the second attempt, the first was ruined by "last of the late breakers Ordoñez" in his V8 Vantage quite late in the race. It was a divebomb straight outta Daily Race B, he completely span me round. I gave him a wide berth the next time.
Isn't Mendoza the Vantage guy in the GT3's? Ordonez is in the Nissan iirc.

I bought every conceivable part for the Urus that's also practical - even the two Ultimate Parts that one can get for it. This is so that with Sport Softs, it barely hits the 700 PP cap for the Race of Turbo Sportscars, so it doesn't need drastic cuts to its power nor increases in ballast to meet regulations. Though it still has over 900HP, so that'll be interesting for sure when it give it a swing.

Also, I tried doing the Japanese FR Challenge 450 using the Sileighty on its stock Comfort Softs and minute tweaks to its power/weight to get it just under 450 PP, but only got P2. Of course, I already got P1 for this event previously, and coming in the top three is good enough for the challenge, so it's no biggie. But then I tried tweaking the ballast and power while putting it on Sport Hards, and got exactly 450.00 PP - maybe I'll try that event with such a setup, just to see if I can win it.
The Turbo Sports car race is a bit of a joke. Your main rivals are Hizal and Kokubun racing in their Tokyo600 cars, so 700pp is way overkill. I took out my engine swapped Porsche 993 tuned to 700pp on racing hard tires and was going 10-15 seconds per lap faster than everyone.

Edit: Ran a bone stock Urus and got 2nd on hard difficulty, first try:
IMG_1782.jpeg

It rained the first 3 laps but dried up and the last 2 there was a real good dry line to take. Fastest lap for me was 2:23ish.

Last edited:
Race 4 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo - little nasty one...! Put SS and went racing. We were welcomed by rain, that stopped falling near the end of first lap. One by one, all cars finished behind. It was festival of great to fantastic engines sounds.

18f48142a9933-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 5 still need to be done, I didn't make it last two weeks.

Well I forgot to post here last week, but I did do last week's weekly with the following:
Screenshot_2024-04-29-00-52-44-341.jpeg

(I finally got to use my lightly modified RX-8 at least....and the old alfa needed nos to win in the event i used it on haha!)

ANYWAYS AS FOR THIS WEEK, the vehicle rota was as follows:
Screenshot_2024-05-06-01-44-51-596.jpeg

• Race 1 - Fully engine modified and aero kitted Toyota S-FR on the maximum tyres the AI uses (CM) - My first attempt was a bust. So I changed to a close range high gearbox instead of a low one, which did the trick and netted me the win
  • Race 2 - lightly modified C3 corvette with no aero (because I forgot :lol:) - I hadn't actually done this race until doing the weekly Sunday night....and the fact it was REVERSE threw me completely off, but nothing that can completely stop me, mercifully, first attempt win.
  • Race 3 - Audi Q7 - STOP MAKING ME DRIVE THIS YELLOW BLOCK OF CHEESE, at least I didn't feel sick driving it this time due to the track covering up it's wallowy-ness.
  • Race 4 - fully lightened Honda NSX '17 with light upgrades elsewhere - I had a spare weight reduction lv5 kit around so I thought bugger it, I'll try this car for a race (and it's a car I want to like too to be fair) and I did fairly okay, did have to shift fairly early though, but got the win in the end by about lap 4.
  • Race 5 - Alpine VGT race mode - what better way to wrap up the weekly with one of my favourite VGT's, the alpine VGT series, I was originally going to use the VW VGT Gr3 but that thing is a pile of crap, so I felt like using a car that calls to the open nature of the event since it wasn't limited to Gr3 cars...and decided on this, with some very slight tweaking of aero and suspension, this thing rocketed my way to first by about the end of lap 8, short shifting is your best friend with this car.

18f276c3b9793-screenshotUrl.png

18f4b5db3ec77-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
Completed the WRs yesterday running at Suzuka and Lake Maggiore.

Race 4
Picked the Amuse S2000 for Suzuka ( I'm looking at you, zaxs ) which, even in stock form, is way superior in this event : great handling, beautiful rotation, very stable mostly as long as you're careful and patient with your right foot as the rear quite easily steps out when the turbo kicks in. All in all almost a perfect match for the track.
What I did then was take off power and change SM to SH tires to make the racing closer and more challenging. Had one great moment here when running two wide with the GT-R from 130R through Casio to the line. Zero contact - very satisfying.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240505115741.jpg

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo '05 - quasi stock - 390 kW - 1.125 kg - SH - 631,75 PP / P1 - RT 11:22,267 - FL 2:15,796 - CRB
This one's absolutely recommended ... ;)

Race 5
I've not much to say here except it's been one of those events that left me furious regarding the horrible AI. Ordonez - McEwen - Portilla - Facepalm. My car was the AM DBR9 that I had never driven before, there wasn't much to get used to, a capable car for this race. RH tires, FM2 most of the time, one stop at the end of lap 7. That's it !

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240505172806.jpg

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 - quasi stock - 447 kW - 1.100 kg - RH - 719,70 PP / P1 - RT 20:17,881 - FL 1:57,744 - No CRB
I'll go back with my 787 and make mincemeat out of 'em ... :lol:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Had a bit of time to do the first three weekly races this morning.

Hakosuka Skyline - Japanese FR 450

This race was frustrating as heck, and took about 4 tries to get done with the CRB. The AI here run side-by side and clog up corners the whole time, making it super hard to get by them pretty much anywhere. My first few attempts ended with me getting shoved into the wall by one of them, or them braking so hard into a corner that I ran into the back of them.

I used the '70 GTR with intake, exhaust, suspension and CS tires for a decently fair fight. I widebodied it, put a carbon hood on and some Work Equips and threw some stickers on the windows for maximum JDM effect. It drives super well, and looks so dang good. Only downside is that the steering clips when it's lowered too much.

Shelby GT350 - American FR 550

Similarly to the race above, I used a mildly modified widebody classic for this event as well. This GT350 has suspension, CS tires, a limited slip and exhaust... that's it. Fairly easy win with the CRB. This classic Shelby is a great drive right out of the box, and is only made better with some mild mods. It's also just a great thing to look at as well.

Lamborghini Urus - Special Race

Didn't have much of a choice of vehicle here... haha. This Urus is bone stock other than the custom mixed color, ice tires and some styling bits n' bobs. Unlike many others, I love the Urus, and it's pretty well suited to the ice at Lake Louise. Another easy-enough win with the CRB.

I hope to have some time to do the race at Suzuka and Maggiore (really looking forward to the GR3s there) Thursday night.

Have fun everyone!

Back