What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 534 comments
Today I took the starter Mustang out for some A class rivals action. I feel I did a decent job for my skill set, but now I'm going to try a lighter build. It may have less power but I am hoping the weight savings and better grip will make up the difference.

Right now I'm testing my builds at Catalunya GP.

Last edited:
Terrible day today. Finished up the 4 races in the Lola series and not sure if the car is bad or if it is my driving using the controller instead of a proper rig (with wheel). Not Sure how the next series is going to go but the 60's hot dog racers looks fun.

Last edited:
Terrible day today. Finished up the 4 races in the Lola series and not sure if the car is bad or if it is my driving using the controller instead of a proper rig (with wheel). Not Sure how the next series is going to go but the 60's hot dog racers looks fun.
Not just you. The Can-Am's are just a handful. Great car for unhinged loons, such as myself. For the F1 series take the Brabham...

Today was a great day! Decided to skip the rest of the hot dog series (Grand Prix Racers) and went into the Consumption Racers Series. Bought the Mercedes Sauber C9, practiced a little and won the Daytona race but then took the car over to Silverston Race Circuit for few quick 5 lap races in the rain. What a blast.

Also completed Consumption Racers, used the SilkCut Jaguar because I had just enough credits 🤣

Since I mostly drive road or road-based cars, it took me a good while to get used to the downforce and turn-in.

Racing on difficulty 7, I very narrowly won the first 2 races, and rather easily at the 4th race at a wet Spa. The AI were hopeless in the rain.

Err, the 3rd race at old Le Mans, I may have done some rather questionable blocking 😅, since my engine-restricted Jag was woefully slow down the straights.

I was ugly.
I was illegal.
And according to the podium,
I was the winner 😆

Last edited:
Completed Consumption Racers today then went back to try the hot dog race car (Grand Prix Racers) again at Brands Hatch. Better result today but still all over the circuit. If I would have been online racing every one would have avoided me like the Covid virus. I seem to be better at the low power cars (street) up to and including my 2020 Honda #73 LA Honda World Racing Civic as well the Sauber Mercedes. Smooth cornering and straight lines every where else. The in between GT4, GT3, Proto-H, and hypercars are too hard to control for me right now.

Did some more rain & fog races today, enjoy the crap out of them.

Been enjoying the C class lobbies this week, did a few races today in the 22 BRZ which I'm enjoying, always love a boxer rumble.

Had one race which I got punted 1st lap, watched the replay and the idiot who hit me spent the whole race putting his nose into corners that didn't belong to him, last lap and he was along side someone who obviously had enough and pushed him into the sand, spinning him and he promptly quit, good karma.

Other than that, had some nice clean races, might try and find another car to try now that I've levelled up the BRZ

Started with Consumption Racers Tour and drove first two races.
Bought Sauber C9.
First at Daytona and second at Silverstone - where I finished first too, but 2 seconds penalty putted me place behind...

I have strange bug where I can't move camera with left stick at all, only can zoom in-out.

dd80a2b7-a59e-4ab6-920c-aede8aed86c3_copy_1920x1080.png

18443406-b2c5-479c-8504-e02ae2d782c8_copy_1920x1080.png

Last edited:
Started with Consumption Racers Tour and drove first two races.
Bought Sauber C9.
First at Daytona and second at Silverstone - where I finished first two, but 2 seconds penalty putted me place behind...

I have strange bug where I can't move camera with left stick at all, only can zoom in-out.

View attachment 1352980

View attachment 1352981
I experienced the same "bug" so I have given up on taking FM23 pictures.

Switched to the Brabham which was a lot easier to drive in the GP tour. I think I'll sell the Lotus. Just about to start Consumption Racers with the Mazda 787B.

Last edited:
Continued Consumption Racers with Le Mans Old Mulsanne.
Easy victory at well known track.
Next was Spa, my favorite.
Heavy rain in last two laps didn't stopped me to win there...

7e598d0a-3185-40ff-9bea-8652bcd7cb94_copy_1920x1080.png

Lastly, but also important, was the 1977 Renault Elf R. S. 01 at Watkins Glen, probably the second most loved track.
There was some good racing for 1st place in Reward Showcase, in the end, I managed to win.

e33f6adc-a502-47fd-a0ca-15eca8b1aa3e_copy_1920x1080.png

3072bb0b-4677-442e-b6ba-68ec6b4267b3.png

0b327675-61a1-49c5-8eb8-d839ddbd0dc6.png

I finished the Consumption Racers Tour yesterday and did the reward showcase as well.

Since I've done both the open tour and the featured one for this month, I think I'll keep myself busy by doing the Legacy Tour until the next update arrives. I'm a big fan of the 993 GT2, which is the reward car.

I built the AE86 for the Vintage Hatch Series, which hopefully drives well.
33037701-463f-44dc-b4f6-4d3d9a0e1f16.png

I ran the Brabham "cigar" series in the Lotus 35 from the Car Pass yesterday.
I've now driven ONE Car Pass car...
29 to go...
I was able to use the Buick Regal in the Rulebook Racers series and the Porsche John Fitzpatrick in the Consumption Racers series today, before finishing off with the Renault race. So I've now driven THREE cars out of the 30 from the DLC car pass.
Woohoo /s

PS that last lap at Silverstone was a surprise :lol:

So, our little group of misfits has been half-arsed following the IMSA season, so I spent what time I had Saturday prepping for, and Sunday racing, 51 laps at Laguna Seca. Wasn't too sure if I was going to drive the Proto-H or my beloved Oreca LMP2 dragon, in the end I went with the Acura ARX-05. That went okay, had pretty smooth sailing for myself, elsewhere in the field there was some PH on P2 crime and quite a five-way GT3 Porsche brawl, but I esaped all of that.

Then last night, had a little time to go back to the Grand Prix cars in Retro Racers. After spending a few hours driving modern prototypes with massive downforce, incredible grip, retina-separating brakes, and silly amounts of turn-in, that...did not go well. I have driven them before but really had a tough time re-adjusting to the old things that require a lot more gentle coaxing around. There were many crashes, I was killed a few times over. Race one at Brands Hatch was just a disaster. But we got through it and by Watkins I had wrapped my head around it again and had a pretty good race.

Amateur tip on the old GP cars- unlike most race cars in FM23, these guys are almost universally set up with very soft springs and with basically zero ground clearance- they're squirrelly already by nature and the constant bottoming adds yet more unpredictability into things. Fix that and they become merely terrifying to drive rather than some horrifically pschycopathic and schizophrenic nightmare.

So, our little group of misfits has been half-arsed following the IMSA season, so I spent what time I had Saturday prepping for, and Sunday racing, 51 laps at Laguna Seca. Wasn't too sure if I was going to drive the Proto-H or my beloved Oreca LMP2 dragon, in the end I went with the Acura ARX-05. That went okay, had pretty smooth sailing for myself, elsewhere in the field there was some PH on P2 crime and quite a five-way GT3 Porsche brawl, but I esaped all of that.

Then last night, had a little time to go back to the Grand Prix cars in Retro Racers. After spending a few hours driving modern prototypes with massive downforce, incredible grip, retina-separating brakes, and silly amounts of turn-in, that...did not go well. I have driven them before but really had a tough time re-adjusting to the old things that require a lot more gentle coaxing around. There were many crashes, I was killed a few times over. Race one at Brands Hatch was just a disaster. But we got through it and by Watkins I had wrapped my head around it again and had a pretty good race.

Amateur tip on the old GP cars- unlike most race cars in FM23, these guys are almost universally set up with very soft springs and with basically zero ground clearance- they're squirrelly already by nature and the constant bottoming adds yet more unpredictability into things. Fix that and they become merely terrifying to drive rather than some horrifically pschycopathic and schizophrenic nightmare.
Your "misfit" racing sounds fun.

I finished up C Class and started the B Class series, I think when I am done with all the series racing I will have to redo them to get gold in all of them.

Back