Who have you ‘met’ in the Cafe?

• Thread starter cjr3559
  • 21 comments

cjr3559

Premium
United States
Ohio
cjr3559
Not including the fictional characters (Luca, Chris, Sarah, etc) what real people have you seen in the Cafe?

And without spoiling which cars spawn visits from real life automotive designers etc, I’ve only got two so far.

I’m assuming both are fairly common to see among us Cafe visitors:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas

I'm not sure who I've met but is the cafe closed once you've completed the menus?

I can finally afford some exotic cars and when I go to the café to have my ego massaged there's no one there..

I don't remember anyone. Sadly, they are closed after I finished all my menu books...

200.gif

I took my 71 Mach 1 and Chris was there to talk to me about how it shaped the future of sports car design. Chris was also there to talk about my '06 Ford GT. Maybe Chris just really likes Fords (or American cars).

They are apparently not closed, they just dont care about the majority of my cars.

Last edited:
Since I closed out book 39, I've taken many different and classic cars there to possibly get comments but the cafe is dead empty...

I was most disappointed that no one wanted to admire my beautiful, newly bought Ferrari Enzo...
Apparently Ken Okuyama is too busy to pay a visit. Or PD didn’t have enough money to pay him to visit.

I got a history lesson from ‘Jeremy’ today, but he’s another fictional character like Chris.

Alright, this was a doozy. I took the Supra GT500 '97 that's being used in this weeks TGR and Chris, Jeremy, and Hikonori Kagurazaka.

Sarah joined in on the convo with Mr. Kagurazaka. There was something else that triggered a slightly different dialogue from him but I'll let you guys figure out that little easter egg.

Alright, this was a doozy. I took the Supra GT500 '97 that's being used in this weeks TGR and Chris, Jeremy, and Hikonori Kagurazaka.

Sarah joined in on the convo with Mr. Kagurazaka. There was something else that triggered a slightly different dialogue from him but I'll let you guys figure out that little easter egg.
Really? Interesting, thought the cafe ran out of coffee....

They could do a lot more with this, I'm fully behind the idea it's very GT and has that nerd out feel to it but there's not much happening once you finish the books.

The Cafe should have an icon next to it if you picked a car that has some story behind it etc. and there should be far more given it's just text and not voiced (that would be a nice addition also) but really there should be something for all cars in the game, no?

Got another comment from fictional Jeremy today, he appears to be the cafe motorsport history expert and enthusiast.

Still no other appearances from anyone IRL since Freeman Thomas chimed in about my used ‘03 Audi TT..

Today I also met Hikonori Kagurazaka who commented on an unlikely car, but not before Jeremy had to throw his 2 cents into the conversation.

Also met Shiro Nakamura for the first time.

So to recap:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas
  • Hikonori Kagurazaka
  • Shiro Nakamura

Fabio Filippini commented on my Ferrari 308 GTB, and Freeman Thomas paid another visit and spoke about my Porsche 964.

Updated list:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas
  • Hikonori Kagurazaka
  • Shiro Nakamura
  • Fabio Filippini

Hideo Kodama made an appearance at the cafe today, commenting on my VW GTI.

Updated list:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas
  • Hikonori Kagurazaka
  • Shiro Nakamura
  • Fabio Filippini
  • Hideo Kodama

Ed Welburn was at the cafe today! He’s a Lamborghini fan.

Now up to 7 real people:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas
  • Hikonori Kagurazaka
  • Shiro Nakamura
  • Fabio Filippini
  • Hideo Kodama
  • Ed Welburn

I finally remembered to take the Dior Mangusta to the Cafe and see if anyone actually cares about it, and well would you know the fashion designer/creator of the livery Kim Jones was there.

Not only did he tell me I was the first and only person he’s talked to, he can really TALK. Oh man let me tell ya… :crazy:

Of course Sarah was all excited to see him, but I couldn’t wait to leave.

Up to 8 real visitors to the Cafe:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas
  • Hikonori Kagurazaka
  • Shiro Nakamura
  • Fabio Filippini
  • Hideo Kodama
  • Ed Welburn
  • Kim Jones

Last edited:
I ran into John DeLorean in the bathroom. Ignore that nightmare in the bathroom. Just another ugly refugee from the Love Generation, some doom-struck gimp who couldn't handle the pressure. My attorney has never been able to accept the notion—often espoused by reformed drug abusers and especially popular among those on probation—that you can get a lot higher without drugs than with them. And neither have I, for that matter.

Due to extremely low patronage at the Café, advance notice of significant visitors and the cars they prefer has begun.

Knowing that Kunihisa Ito would make his first visit I brought my 1965 Mini Cooper S. Apparently Stella likes the Mini too, and she’ll tell you about its history whether you want to hear it or not. :odd:

The updated list:

• Tom Matano
  • Freeman Thomas
  • Hikonori Kagurazaka
  • Shiro Nakamura
  • Fabio Filippini
  • Hideo Kodama
  • Ed Welburn
  • Kim Jones
  • Kunihisa Ito

Latest Posts

Back