Why BOP in GR 1,2,3 or B?

United States
Oregon
ILLEAGLE_34
Why is BOP used in specific class races when. 1 there’s already rules in place for the car to be allowed in a certain class and 2 there’s only really one or two cars that are the “Meta” in each class. It seems to me that BOP is a waste of time and effort if there’s only going to be one or two cars at the top?
Maybe I’m missing something here 🍻

BoP is to make sure that there is a level playfield - at which it fails dramatically. But BoP is not something that PD invented for GT, it is actually in place to further regulate cars in each group to be closer together. It simply carries over from real racing into GT, though the values in GT are not carried over from any actual group.

I don't get it either.

No BoP might actually make certain cars better at certain circuits rather than this "1 car for speed tracks, 1 car for technical tracks" situation we have now.

Oh completely understand what Bop is and used for in the real world. I guess my question is why is it used in the game when essentially there will only be one or two cars that will be OP?
In real racing do they set the Bop up at the beginning of the season or is it per race?🍻

I guess my question is why is it used in the game when essentially there will only be one or two cars that will be OP?
Because, not only are there substantial performance differences between the actual cars that should be classed together (for example, all of the real-life GT3 cars), there are also outliers that get put in those classes (like the '80s Skyline Silhouette being placed in Group 3) due to not enough categories/cars existing. What fun would be had from adding that Skyline if it was classed all by itself? Of course, this leads back to the "more cars" argument, which has been done to death.

Look at the stats for the non BoP'ed cars, then you'll see why there's BoP. For example, the Viper GT3-R has 678 HP from the dealership. Hardly any other car in Gr.3 comes close to that.

Last edited:
Back