• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
If you think the Women's National Basketball Association is an afterthought or just not as good as the NBA, think again. Women's basketball of late has taken off and has become intriguing to watch. Tonight's WNBA Draft has motivated me to at least show some love for the ladies of the WNBA for this season. The Indiana Fever and the Los Angeles Sparks will have some of the first WNBA Draft picks. On the collegiate front, Caitlin Clark of the University of Iowa will likely be one of the top talents to join the WNBA.

Here are the 2023 WNBA Regular Season standings:

! = Playoff team

--- 2023 WNBA Standings (End of Regular Season) ---
  • Las Vegas! (34-6)
  • New York! (32-8)
  • Connecticut! (27-13)
  • Dallas! (22-18)
  • Atlanta!, Minnesota!, and Washington! (19-21 each)
  • Chicago! (18-22)
  • Los Angeles (17-23)
  • Indiana (13-27)
  • Seattle (11-29)
  • Phoenix (9-31)

The team to beat is the Las Vegas Aces. They are the two-time defending WNBA Champions at present. I still miss my Houston Comets, but that's another story.

The 2024 WNBA Preseason begins May 3 and goes through May 11. The regular season for the 2024 WNBA season starts on May 14 and goes into mid-late September. Don't forget 2024 is a Summer Olympics year, so some WNBA players may go play for Team USA in the 2024 Paris Olympics.

If you are inclined to discuss the WNBA for this season, here is your home to discuss this WNBA season. Enjoy the 2024 WNBA season, GTPlanet!

After 16 seasons of service, Candace Parker is hanging it up announcing her retirement. She had some great moments in the WNBA, including dunking the ball in games. All the best to Candace Parker in her retirement.

Heads up!

The WNBA Preseason is going on right now! Time for the ladies of the hardwood to get prepped and primed for the 2024 WNBA season.

Back