WTC 600 Cafe Menu 33 - Lancer Evolution Final ‘15 fine?

United States
United States
I was searching the net (basically Reddit) and Praiano’s Tuning guide and found that the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO Final ‘15 is highly recommended. Praiano writes the 600p tune is very good at Suzuka which I am having trouble with in the WTC 600. Should I just go with that? Or are there other suggestions for people not great at the game? I am not very good yet at the game in my opinion. I am not able to buy yet the other EVO cars that Priano has the tunes for or the Lancia Stratos that he highly recommends at 600pp for the Suzuka track. Thanks!

Not being good is good, because it means you can improve. 👍
About the recommendations, there are quite alot of cars as viable options for 600pp limits.
If you are lacking money in the game, maybe you shouldnt focus on finding the best car (which in my opinion is the Ford Focus RS as an all-round car, just to make your decision more difficult), but instead both practice driving in general as well as the individual track.

Not being good is good, because it means you can improve. 👍
About the recommendations, there are quite alot of cars as viable options for 600pp limits.
If you are lacking money in the game, maybe you shouldnt focus on finding the best car (which in my opinion is the Ford Focus RS as an all-round car, just to make your decision more difficult), but instead both practice driving in general as well as the individual track.
I have managed to have enough in game money to buy some cars and tune them. I was just wondering if the EVO tuned to 600p is the best bet to get through this cafe menu. I will train on the Suzuka time trials for a while on Whichever car I choose. The first race doesn’t seem much of an issue if you use Wet Racing tires. I just don’t want to be stuck on Suzuka forever.

Well, I don't know about it after update 1.31, but you not being an "alien" (like most of us aren't), the best strategy may well be not focusing on winning Suzuka because can well not be winnable, depending on where Kokubun starts and how much time he looses until he get to the front. If we starts on front, with the initial gap you have, and how fast he his, you probably won't have enough laps to recover the initial gap, no matter what car you use.
Instead focus on making sure Red Bull Ring and Dragon Trail are winnable and get as much as possible to the front in Suzuka, you just need to get the most points (even tying on points), not win all the races. Even on that, you really only need to be third on points, don't even need to win the championship to complete the menu.

Well, I don't know about it after update 1.31, but you not being an "alien" (like most of us aren't), the best strategy may well be not focusing on winning Suzuka because can well not be winnable, depending on where Kokubun starts and how much time he looses until he get to the front. If we starts on front, with the initial gap you have, and how fast he his, you probably won't have enough laps to recover the initial gap, no matter what car you use.
Instead focus on making sure Red Bull Ring and Dragon Trail are winnable and get as much as possible to the front in Suzuka, you just need to get the most points (even tying on points), not win all the races. Even on that, you really only need to be third on points, don't even need to win the championship to complete the menu.
Yes, I am not trying to win Suzuka. Just place high enough so I get an overall bronze in the end of the 3 races. Do you think the EVO is a good choice to practice with?

4WD (Evo, Subaru, Atenza) were all good choices before the last update when things changed. I have no idea what the meta car for this challenge is now, as the game has changed since the last update. But honestly you could probably do well enough in a number of the cars to clear the challenge, still including the Evo.

Suzuka is a difficult track to master, but nail Turn 1/ 2 and the following S bends (lift - dab brakes - lift - dab brakes - possibly small lift. In that order) and huge improvements in lap times are possible.

Last edited:
4WD (Evo, Subaru, Atenza) were all good choices before the last update when things changed. I have no idea what the meta car for this challenge is now, as the game has changed since the last update. But honestly you could probably do well enough in a number of the cars to clear the challenge, still including the Evo.

Suzuka is a difficult track to master, but nail Turn 1/ 2 and the following S bends (lift - dab brakes - lift - dab brakes - possibly small lift. In that order) and huge improvements in lap times are possible.
When you say “lift” do you mean gradually reduce the force on the brakes? Thanks

Yes, I am not trying to win Suzuka. Just place high enough so I get an overall bronze in the end of the 3 races. Do you think the EVO is a good choice to practice with?
OK, just took the car for the ride. Never used it in the game, had it just because of menu 19.
Applied the Praiano's tune (beware is a tune updated for update version 1.26, not 1.31), except I didn't +ut the custom rear wing, kept the stock wing, so had to let go some hp because I couldn't put the rear aero on max to drop down PP.
The car can easily win Suzuka Red Bull Ring and also Dragon Trails, but you must be very careful because you will have some understeer under trail braking and corner entry (and I didn't have the rear downforce of the custom wing, I guess it would be even worse with a worst aero balance) that shouldn't happen before update 1.31. Like I said, I haven't raced it before but the behavior looks a lot like the Subaru WRX ver VI '99 after the update, and that car with a pretty similar Praiano setup sure was on rails before 1.31.
Couldn't win in Suzuka because of the usual insane pace on the front (Fraga an Kokubun in this case) on the last two laps, had to settle third but enough to win the championship.

EDIT: corrected, obviously can't win easily Suzuka but on wet Red Bill Ring.

Last edited:
OK, just took the car for the ride. Never used it in the game, had it just because of menu 19.
Applied the Praiano's tune (beware is a tune updated for update version 1.26, not 1.31), except I didn't +ut the custom rear wing, kept the stock wing, so had to let go some hp because I couldn't put the rear aero on max to drop down PP.
The car can easily win Suzuka and also Dragon Trails, but you must be very careful because you will have some understeer under trail braking and corner entry (and I didn't have the rear downforce of the custom wing, I guess it would be even worse with a worst aero balance) that shouldn't happen before update 1.31. Like I said, I haven't raced it before but the behavior looks a lot like the Subaru WRX ver VI '99 after the update, and that car with a pretty similar Praiano setup sure was on rails before 1.31.
Couldn't win in Suzuka because of the usual insane pace on the front (Fraga an Kokubun in this case) on the last two laps, had to settle third but enough to win the championship.
Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know your typical lap time with this setup on the Suzuka track? I’m looking what to aim for during my practice runs. Don’t need to win, just close enough. I can place first on the first course and the last course doesn’t seem as bad as Suzuka.

Last edited:
Dont consider myself a slouch at this game, or a wizard but I couldn't even win at suzuka. (Not 100% of the time) Coincidentally the last time i did this championship was with the Lancer you mentioned. Remember being very close to 1st and winning redbull ring with inters and dragon trail very easily. Winning the championship.

Something ive started to adapt to is the 'overdriving' which can be very easy to do. Slower can be quicker.
Happy to share car configuration but its nothing special.

(On the side, not important) I remember struggling with the porsche cups. I absolutely hate when i cant consistently win. I ended up throwing softer tyres on the car and i suddenly gained seconds.. a stupid brainfart to have but power isn't always the answer. Now the car handles predictably and like a dream.

Why did i use (hards)? Because the ai did and i thought id keep it fair game. In the end, seeing as though they get a huge start.. i thought... screw it.

Last edited:
(On the side, not important) I remember struggling with the porsche cups. I absolutely hate when i cant consistently win. I ended up throwing softer tyres on the car and i suddenly gained seconds.. a stupid brainfart to have but power isn't always the answer. Now the car handles predictably and like a dream.
Find a few nice low power cars and come to the side with cookies and cake ;)
If the car can either run power or weight, often power is the better answer, but not at the cost of tyre, unless you can really squeeze it like using comfort tyres and dont care about the cornering performance by the track or event.

Ok, an update.

This post got me puzzled, because I found Menu 33 really hard back then, when I've done the initial menus, on day one physics and PP calculations.
Back then I used the Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R I had from Menu 18 and was the go to car whenever I could use it.
And I found pretty hard back then, 4wd helped in Red Bull Ring but it was pretty hard on Suzuka and not so easy on Dragon Trails.
So I came back to the old R32, my setup build was all wrong, it was intended to neutralize some snap poweroversteer the car had on initial physics model. Put the Praiano's tune (mine had a low RPM Turbo instead of an high RPM Turbo, so didn't bought the high RPM) and went for it.
Again, the tune is for 1.23 update, not 1.31, so PP calculations give a little different result.
First adjusted mine to 600pp on intermediates to Red Bull Ring, it was a very easy win, then put some sports soft for Suzuka and was the easiest win for me (except Aston Martin DP-100), the went for Dragon Trails. Here I only won with a dive bomb on the last corner, clearly harder than Suzuka.
So, my observations after completing the championship twice under 1.31 update, once with the Lancer, other with the R32:
  • like on other races since the update, Fraga is now a lot stronger on the old Supra, gives a run for it's money to Kokubun, helps the points spread but is another strong rival to deal
  • I believe I should went with harder tires, just to give PP room for more power on Dragon Trails, It'll be an easier win
  • Even with the new physics, the R32 keeps on rails, as the Lancer is not a bit woobly, so the R32 is better at Suzuka

I just did this championship with Silvia '88 tunned to 600pp it was a win on red bull ring with IM tires, 3rd place on Suzuka and a win in Croatia.

Easy win but I feel like it can be easier with some other car. I'll try some others

Latest Posts

Back