XP Grind GT Sport

• Thread starter VadimPlett
  • 6 comments
No. Once the servers shut down, all the online features of Sport will be disabled, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

On another forum one user discover that you can unlock the levels trophies offline but... without save you need to do it in one sitting.

BTW now we don't know the details about the end game patch.

No. Once the servers shut down, all the online features of Sport will be disabled, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.
I don't think this is correct. Only online services won't be available as they're patching the game so that single player saves are saved locally. As you don't need an online connection to gain XP the level 50 trophy should still be attainable. There are 2 online trophies (for number of poles and number of wins) that will become unobtainable after the shutdown.

Last edited:
I don't think this is correct. Only online services won't be available as they're patching on game so that single player saves are saved locally. As you don't need an online connection to gain XP the level 50 trophy should still be attainable. There are 2 online trophies (for number of poles and number of wins) that will become unobtainable after the shutdown.
Gotcha. I barely played Sport so I assumed the XP grind would be frozen too...I mean, it doesn't serve a purpose without the online features, right?

But I digress.

Gotcha. I barely played Sport so I assumed the XP grind would be frozen too...I mean, it doesn't serve a purpose without the online features, right?

But I digress.
 Mostly from memory, but XP unlocks the GT League levels, some helmets and race suits (I think) and then some trophies. XP was entirely a single player function and didn't interact with online.

I think. Its been a while 😂

Initially
 Mostly from memory, but XP unlocks the GT League levels, some helmets and race suits (I think) and then some trophies. XP was entirely a single player function and didn't interact with online.

I think. Its been a while 😂
Initially the only purpose to XP/driver level was to unlock all the tracks in arcade mode and circuit experience, then league came. If I’m not mistaken the tracks near the bottom of the list (particularly Nürburgring) required level 40 to unlock? I certainly remember people being pretty miffed about something around this near launch, especially as league wasn’t yet introduced and there weren’t a lot of ways to get XP quickly at the time.

Back