You want to know why the rest of world seems to have an issue with Bush? Read this!

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 13 comments
Well, without knowing what the best answer is in the overall situation of Global warming, I think it's rather lame that he is apparently against most of the world in his/our 'Action Report' for what to do. From that article, seems he is only concerned about the US economy.

"In the report, the administration also for the first time places most of the blame for recent global warming on human actions -- mainly the burning of fossil fuels that send heat-trapping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. "

well no **** hey, who would have guessed? what a ****ing joke...

Wait a minute - the rest of the world? Even we've got an issue with Bush! We know he isn't the best president, but you guys need to understand that we were looking for a shoulder to cry on on September 12, and Bush-man provided that shoulder. So we look up to him. Now you Aussies don't need that same shoulder since you don't live in America - you don't have the same feeling of patriotism that we've got here. That's the only reason Americans even respect Bush-man.

True - our patriotism is very different, and it would be pure speculation to try and work out how we would react if similarly attacked.

What I was trying to provide was a different perspective. Like his comment that the 'American lifestyle is not negotiable' when refusing to ratify the Kyoto treaty (and then of course the Australian government follows suit, like the lapdog we are) when everyone else has agreed to concessions to make it work, and then wonders why he doesn't seem to get respect in Europe - it's pretty galling, as you can imagine.

George is an extremely poor politican, and I really can't defend him there because in most ways I oppose his views. His biggest problem, clearly, is his foreign policy. Frankly, he's got the country under his thumb, but the rest of the world does 'have an issue' with George. Actually, I can't remember him doing one positive thing as far as foreign policy is concerned since taking office. That's what happens when you elect a president whose previous job was keeping border patrol cars' tires' inflated ;)

Originally posted by M5Power
George is an extremely poor politican, and I really can't defend him there because in most ways I oppose his views. His biggest problem, clearly, is his foreign policy. Frankly, he's got the country under his thumb, but the rest of the world does 'have an issue' with George. Actually, I can't remember him doing one positive thing as far as foreign policy is concerned since taking office. That's what happens when you elect a president whose previous job was keeping border patrol cars' tires' inflated ;)
I never liked Bush from the get go. There are MORE negatives to global warming than there are positives! He's always making bad choices. The only bad choice that modern day democrats have made was to SAVE THE FREAKING CARIBOU!!!!!! :mad:

I think we all knew this was happening anyway?

Global warming has been a topic never far from the news for decades now.

All that article does is put the situation in nice easy, albeit very blunt chunks that everyone can understand, which is basically we've ****'d up and everyone everywhere is going to feel the effects. I think that maybe the report to the UN is this is what we reckon is going to happen here, maybe you lot should start to work out what's going to happen where you are? Of course they're also saying we're going to carry on regardless. The sugar coating for this rather bitter pill is that for a period certain crop yields will go up......... arrrggghhhh. :banghead:

Originally posted by vat_man
No - that was aimed at the general audience, not you slip2rock!

Oh no honestly, no offence intended or taken. I realised it was, ahhh rhetorical, is that the right term?

I would be amongst the murmur of agreement within the audience as it were. :)

Originally posted by M5Power
I think all polititians are liars and not to be trusted AT ALL!! Including this S.O.B

Latest Posts

Back