• Thread starter Jon
  • 54 comments

Which Do you like More???

• Inside View

Votes: 83 83.8%
  • Outside View

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
yeah man inside view is definetley best driving view but i am a lot quicker in outside view . :)

Exactly Rocky...I can tell when I don't break enough and will I will hit the wall. You just become used to the movements of you car when going around certain turns.

I like the inside view, but as a migraine sufferer I can't stand to look at it in Rally mode. Outside works better for me when I'm in a car that is way overpowered in the rear, such as a viper.

in the original GT i loved the outside view, and i couldnt stand the drivers view. in gt2 i tested usein the inside view and i found it to be easler than the outside view, the car always got in my way in GT2 and i havent used the outside view in GT3 yet only the inside view

i cant really answer casue it depends on the car and the track.

If im using and F1 or the Mazda 787B ill use the outside view
but if im on Laguna Seca i will use the in car view especially for the corkscrew.

But if im driving summat as big as a a Beetle i always use the incar vieew because of the outside view being obstructed

I really only race with the inside view, my steering doesn't seem translate as precisely when i use the outside view.

What I have been doing though, since I have been winning super sweet super fast cars , is going to outside view on straight aways and clicking rear view So I can see my car head on, charging down the track.

On the Tokyo straightaway I get a constant stream of sparks shooting out of the back of my Astra Touring Car. That' nice to watch too.

same with me TT in GT it didnt really matter since all the courses werenot all that hard but since then Seca was a huge challenge 4 me w/outside view i usually either braked late or missed the apex both are xtremely bad on seca if u screw up its hard to catch up unless your in like a f1 car or another racing car

In GT2, I preferred the third, farthest-out view over everything else. But, now, I feel like I can't see the track ahead of me because the car is in the way!

So, now I'm an "insider", and I think it is much easier to control and drive. (Why didn't I switch sooner?!)

Deffinately inside view.. 'cept when you're tailgating someone and coming up on a turn.. (I've hit the wall so many times cuz I couldn't see where to turn) :odd:

In GT1 + 2 I also used the third most zoomed back outside camera, I used to hate the inside view cos I loved to see my beutiful car. I was very dissapointed when I found out that GT3 would not have that veiw, now I hate the outside view cos it is too close to the car and I am very used to the inside veiw and can go alot faster when in that veiw.

First of all. STOP SAYING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE VIEW. It's first person and third person. Second, I like the 3rd person camera angle because it you can see whats coming up on you from behind and from the side. Also you get a farther view of whats ahead like the first turn in tokyo. I like using 1st person for rally tracks whem I'm using an escudo. It's always fun to be crashing into the walls and still being ahead of them.

Its gotta be the "1st person view :P " because the car feels way more stable that way. When ever i drive from the 3rd person view it feels like i am driving on ice, and that the car just slips away from me every time. But thats just my personal opinion

When I'm serious, I always resort to the inside view. For some reason, it's just easier, the car isn't in the way or anything. But if I'm on long straightaways with trees overhead, along with a car that reflects things, I like to look at the reflections and love the graphics.

I guess Im different. On some cars, I have to use the inside view so I dont hit the car ahead of me. It is really helpful in this respect.
I find myself switching back and forth when needed, but for the most part, I view from the outside.
I like seeing the character of the car as it approaches the corners and walls. If the inside view had a hood in front of it or an actual drivers side view (not grill view), then it may be different. Even then, its a matter of getting used to the car and making your adjustments accordingly.

Originally posted by GT3Maniac
First of all. STOP SAYING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE VIEW. It's first person and third person. Second, I like the 3rd person camera angle because it you can see whats coming up on you from behind and from the side.

Um, hate to break it to you, but there IS a mirror in 1st person. Second, you can also look back.

Originally posted by GT3Maniac
First of all. STOP SAYING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE VIEW. It's first person and third person. Second, I like the 3rd person camera angle because it you can see whats coming up on you from behind and from the side.

Originally posted by rjensen11

Um, hate to break it to you, but there IS a mirror in 1st person. Second, you can also look back.

I guess all we need are some side mirrors now!!

On GT1 & GT2 I used the closest outside view, I know use the inside view as I find it easier to read the dials, more relistic and easier to control the cars.-

I prefer as i call it the "on bonnet" view, i find that if you use the other option it feels like a poor arcade game, use the version on the bonnet of the car and its realistic, as if you were driving the car, how can anyone expect to get good at a driving simulator when looking from behind a car? you certainly wouldnt drive your own car like that! all reaction times and braking points are different also, theres only one view in my opinion.

Back