Votes: 83 83.8%
  • Outside View

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by SurfSnow
Inside view is the only way to go although every one
is different but i find it much easier to control!!!:P

[SIZE=10)]SurfSnow!!![/SIZE]

Congrats on your first post and welcome to the GTPlanet Forums.

Kick back and have a :cheers:.

I have been using Third Person view more and more. For serious technical racing, First person view is for me, but lately I've been enjoying the views of the great grafic work of the surroundings and driving in Third Person.

I usually use first person for normal/racing mode and third person for drifting or w/o traction control or for doing donutz when I get really really bored... but that doesn't matter. Just first person for racing and third person for drifting.

as said before i always use first person because i cant use 3rd, im too used to 1st. i use it in all games but i switch to 3rd on straights to look at my beautiful dodge!

P.S. is there at least 5 english ppl in this place?

Originally posted by Lancer evo 19
as said before i always use first person because i cant use 3rd, im too used to 1st. i use it in all games but i switch to 3rd on straights to look at my beautiful dodge!

P.S. is there at least 5 english ppl in this place?

There are quite a few people from the Uk that I've chatted to. It's mainly populated by Yanks though!

I play using the 'inside' view. I feel i can 'see' where the car in going better.
<weird story> After playing all afternoon I wen out to get a burger from the local drive through. When I turned out of my driveway and accelerated along the road it felt like i was going sort of slow :eek: . (I still had no desire to drive any faster though:D) </weird story>

oh well for you I like 1st person, (thats inside to everybody else)

Put it this way to get the real racing simulation you just gotta be inside as far as I`m concerned, would be nice to see the cockpit though (like colin mcrae 2)

Its far easier to concentrate on the road and achieve the racing line inside, far better than seeing your brake light!!

Plus if you want to see your car in action its more satisfying to watch the replay!!......................

Myself, I like the in-car view for racing, as it gives you a better "feel" of where you're car is and what how it is handling. I only use the out of car view for when I want to look at the incredible graphical effects. In my opinion, they should have another view outside of the car, like NFS has. But, hey, can't have everything right?

I have rarely used the outside view. I hate it. Like controling an rc car or something. Inside all the way!

Originally posted by alexy2k

Put it this way to get the real racing simulation you just gotta be inside as far as I`m concerned, would be nice to see the cockpit though (like colin mcrae 2)

Its far easier to concentrate on the road and achieve the racing line inside, far better than seeing your brake light!!

Plus if you want to see your car in action its more satisfying to watch the replay!!......................

I totally agree with alexy2k here, after all do u drive your "real" car from behind it? The only time I used the outside view was when I rented the game the day it came out b4 I had enough money to but it:)
Having got the game with the wheel it has been inside all the way! mainly due to there being now way of changing to the outside view using the wheel alone, i wonlder why:D

Let me put a conclusion which pretty much goes both ways: i just experimented with both views (being so fantastic en all ;)) and found that outside can be useful on rally where u can see over dust and u dont need the rear view mirror because u cant see anything anyway, but on tarmac i recommend inside when on very tricky circuits due to the better view of corners and allows you to judge when to brake etc.

P.S. soz bout any spelling mistakes i cant b bothered to re read it!

Originally posted by danpollard
Inside is cool, but for one thing...you can't admire the car ur driving!:(

Thats what the garage and start of the race where they run through the field is 4 dan!

Depends on the race.

For driving (inside 1st person)

For Replays (outside 3rd Person)

For the replays i use one of their cameras and i like the sound one where it goes red etc but that aint useful for the demo in licence and time trial- u want to here something realy annoying- i was 0.04 out of the trial mountain time and i cant ******G do it again!

Latest Posts

Back