Status
Not open for further replies.

Pako

Staff Emeritus
United States
NW Montana
GTP-Pako
GTP Pako
As a moderator, does this BB offer the option to ban someone based on their IP address rather than just their email or username?

If not, it might be a good inhancement for IkonBoard v3.0 aye?

Why does this sound like a real good idea to me?            BTW Thanks to all for there support of me  in the midst of all this imposter stuff!

Quote: from bigblocksrule on 4:53 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]Why does this sound like a real good idea to me?            BTW Thanks to all for there support of me  in the midst of all this imposter stuff!

LOL, yeah np.  Just hate being mislead.  Now that's wasting my time NOT GT3 or VGames in general.  :)

I think it would be a hellava good idea!!  I just got to thinking about this and I don't think it would work.  :(  most IP address are dynamically assigned by the DHCP server at the ISP's location providing the service.  The only way this would work is if the user had a static IP address.  Sorry, but I don't think a moderator can get rid of menice switching usernames would be that easy.  Job security for the moderaters.....  Three cheers for the moderators.

*hip hip hurray! hip hip hurray! hip hip hurray!*

(sp correction:( )

(Edited by bluedawnrider at 5:17 pm on Aug. 7, 2001)

Quote: from ENGLISH911 on 6:34 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]although I agree with the idea it will only work if the user has a static IP addy.

LOL, look at a couple of threads back.  I like your explanation better though, it took a lot less words.  :D

Quote: from ENGLISH911 on 6:38 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]would help if i read the whole thing....lol

LOL, yes we all tend to get a little lazy in these threads don't we.  :lol:

is there any way to change your IP address? NO I'm not going to do anything to get blocked. A yes or NO will suffice

#Moderation Mode

<a href="http://gtplanet.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=34" target="_self">Moved here</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back