◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,998 comments
Canoworms, thanks for hosting last night!! For some reason after round 2 combo 2 I kept getting dropped until I could not connect any more and had to run. It was still fun for me watching from the back you and tex battle it out

Scores for 4/28 copied to data.

April 28th Standings.png

You have the pace for A ;)

@Dragonwhisky You missed the chance to reply: That's BS. ;)
But I agree, you could get the A rating if you wanted, you've got the pace for it.

While it's satisfying to read you both state this and I appreciate it, I have no desire to subject myself to the inconsistency of PD's programmatical ideas of penalties and track limits while getting such a rating. Also, while my choice to maintain a BS rating is a cliche and perhaps juvenile display of the middle finger to that system, a more subtle, giving the finger rating, would be for an A or A+ pace driver to carry an ED rating. Think I might know someone who is easily A/A+ pace and has an account carrying that rating. I might misremember that however.

Last edited:
@Dragonwhisky You missed the chance to reply: That's BS. ;)

But I agree, you could get the A rating if you wanted, you've got the pace for it.

And now, the usual D1 photos.
View attachment 1351339
View attachment 1351340
View attachment 1351341

View attachment 1351342
View attachment 1351343
@JamCar0ne and me from the point of view of @A_Higher_Place I had a fun couple of laps fighting with you. Fun battle well done !
View attachment 1351344
View attachment 1351346
View attachment 1351347
View attachment 1351348
great photos of the corvettes around corkscrew. you captured the excitement !!!

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on April 28, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize A
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize C
  5. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. papa_carlos74 ----- did not submit a vote - Prize B
  3. Tex_Hill ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (SS) at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - S02 Early Morning (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18 (SS) at Autodrome Lago Maggiore - S03 Afternoon (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Slow_Dad gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @JamCar0ne so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

"Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).
"

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

I have read the first post and would like to join, again!

I was part of Snail in 2015 on GT5.
@polygrizz

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Hi all. I’m sorry I missed this last Sunday. I had some family things to take care of. But I’m thankful that the Demon gets another week so I can have my try at it.

On another note I toon a look at my favorite license test to see if my time had been beaten by any friends I noticed that @JamCar0ne had beaten it and decided that I could not let this stand. I’m determined to hold the top of my friends list at just about any cost. At least for this test. It definitely was a good time and took me a few tries but I got it
IMG_0219.jpeg

I plan to be back this Sunday and I can’t wait to see what our new track and car combo will be. Also I’m ready for this weeks challenge as well @JamCar0ne.

This Week's Donkey Kong Challenge:

Missions - The Sun Also Rises - The Pass - The White Winged Beast
You will be driving the Chaparral 2J '70 at Sardenga - Road - A
Finish in 1st with a time under 1:03.301
Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members

This car may not be the prettiest, but makes up for it with speed and grip.

Bonus challenges:

Level 2 - 1:02.5
level 3 - 1:00.725
level 4 - sub 1:00.0

Although last week's challenge saw a couple of drivers run out of quarters during the tutorial level, many exceeded the requirements for level 3 and beyond. But the most astonishing level was achieved by @Nicktune who beat absolutely everyone!

NKWR.jpg

The addition of the Chevelle to GT7 made me remember that its was one of my favorite cars in GT4 and still is today. It just needs an LSD and a fully customisable transmission and it's a fun car to drift around on its stock CM tires.
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 1970 (22).JPG

And here's the same ish photo 19 years later.
20970405572383526.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the exact same lighting without going in an online lobby and setting up time and weather. Don't know why PD doesn't let us use the same time and weather settings in online lobbies offline in time trial mode.

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, May 5th, 2024 Lineup
May 2024 Season League Night #1

1. Alpine A110 '17 on SM Tires @ Autopolis - Shortcut Course - S16 Sunset - (12 Laps)​
2. Ford GT '06 on SS Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - East Counterclockwise - S08 Midnight - (7 Laps)​
3. Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18 on SS Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow - S01 Early Morning - (11 Laps)​

May 5th Combos.png

2024-05-05 Combos.jpg

I'll get the ball rolling for the liveries and since I'm deep into RDR2, here are my three cars in Saint Denis aka New Orleans.

This will be a challenging sunday night for me. Two tracks that I struggle with, Tokyo and Willow Springs but I'll take it as an opportunity to improve myself. Oh and I started practicing, for those who wondered if wall riding the last corner at Tokyo is faster than taking it normally, yes it is...but do it at your own risk of having lots of IR filed against you :lol:

Last edited:
This will be a challenging sunday night for me. Two tracks that I struggle with, Tokyo and Willow Springs but I'll take it as an opportunity to improve myself. Oh and I started practicing, for those who wondered if wall riding the last corner at Tokyo was faster than taking it normally, yes it is...but do it at your own risk of having lots of IR filed against you :lol:
To be fair just as it’s faster to ride the wall in the last corner. It would also technically be faster to just not break on the first corner as well and just smash straight into the wall😂. But I feel like we are all good enough racers to know the right thing to do would be to have a good fun race on a rather unique track.

I'm up next at this week's Car Show.

IMG_4918.JPG

Some additional thoughts:
1) This Dodge is funny. It's hard to find a scape where one can frame it properly. Makes the other cars look "out-of-scale".
2) Love seeing the Alpine back for a 7th week.
3) Congrats @A_Higher_Place on your back-to-back wins.
4) It sucks I couldn't go last week and contributed to the poor attendance. Do we need to come up with a recruitment strategy?

As for me, back pains that send shooting pains down my right leg continue. Might be a little better now but my setup for GT7 isn't exactly helping my posture. (Maybe I try to convince the wife I need to invest in a proper cockpit - that new Fanatec CSL looks cool).
Logged on last night for the first time in a week, logged 150 km and didn't feel great.

Hope you see you Sunday, or in a practice lobby before then.

Last edited:
I'm up next at this week's Car Show.

View attachment 1352131

Some additional thoughts:
1) This Dodge is funny. It's hard to find a scape where one can frame it properly. Makes the other cars look "out-of-scale".
2) Love seeing the Alpine back for a 7th week.
3) Congrats @A_Higher_Place on your back-to-back wins.
4) It sucks I couldn't go last week and contributed to the poor attendance. Do we need to come up with a recruitment strategy?

As for me, back pains that send shooting pains down my right leg continue. Might be a little better now but my setup for GT7 isn't exactly helping my posture. (Maybe I try to convince the wife I need to invest in a proper cockpit - that new Fanatec CSL looks cool).
Logged on last night for the first time in a week, logged 150 km and didn't feel great.

Hope you see you Sunday, or in a practice lobby before then.

Thank you! What does your current set up look like? Switching from the couch to a low seated rocking chair helped my back a ton.

Thank you! What does your current set up look like? Switching from the couch to a low seated rocking chair helped my back a ton.

I’ve got my Fanatec DD Pro on this little rig that I pull up to the coach when I’m racing. So no back support at all.
IMG_4920.jpeg

I dug up a chair from the basement this morning that I intend to try tonight. It’s low seated so hopefully makes it more tolerable.

But the long term answer is a rig that doesn’t take up too much space.

Back