◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,018 comments

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on May 5, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 96 (87.49 for Prize B)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. JamCar0ne --------- did not submit a vote - 96 (104.51 for Prize A)
  2. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (94.71 for Prize C)
  3. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. TCP_Jack ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. CrashinChris ----- did not submit a vote
  8. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
  9. TokenTimmy -------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18 (SS) at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow - S01 Early Morning (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @JamCar0ne wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Ford GT '06 (SS) at Tokyo Expressway - East Counterclockwise - S08 Midnight (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @racingchamp30 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I found this review of the PS VR2. A questions to VR2 users: How close does the video compare to what you are seeing in your headset?

I got busy last night and forgot to file a inquiry but I deserve some penalty points for colliding with @TexHill in round 1 race 1. i tried to avoid another person locked up and went into tex hill causing him to lose some positions , I did concede and waited for him to get back on track . Really sorry about that.

I got busy last night and forgot to file a inquiry but I deserve some penalty points for colliding with @TexHill in round 1 race 1. i tried to avoid another person locked up and went into tex hill causing him to lose some positions , I did concede and waited for him to get back on track . Really sorry about that.

No worries T.T.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I found this review of the PS VR2. A questions to VR2 users: How close does the video compare to what you are seeing in your headset?

I love it, but I would recomend you to first try a VR headset because depending on the person it can give motion sickness. For my experience is a must have if you wanna be inmersed, but it's too expensive IMO, it costs the same as a PS5 :/

Yup, the screen door effect doesn't show up on the replays, as that is as result of viewing through the VR lenses. The screen door effect is probably the most significant factor that makes the view through the VR seem more grainy than the replays/flat screen. Like looking through a screen door, you'll notice it less over time. But it will always be there.

Yup, the screen door effect doesn't show up on the replays, as that is as result of viewing through the VR lenses. The screen door effect is probably the most significant factor that makes the view through the VR seem more grainy than the replays/flat screen. Like looking through a screen door, you'll notice it less over time. But it will always be there.
That is actually the perfect way to describe it. “The screen door effect”.
Well done sir.

You do get used to the "screen door effect" in a short amount of time. The immersion that VR provides greatly outweighs the cons.

I love it, but I would recomend you to first try a VR headset because depending on the person it can give motion sickness. For my experience is a must have if you wanna be inmersed, but it's too expensive IMO, it costs the same as a PS5 :/
I've seen the comment, many times, regarding how much PSVR2 costs in relation to the PS5. It's kinda comparing apples to buckeye nuts.

Recall, if you will, the last time there was any solution for more than 1 flat screen display mode for any GT title. While I can't speak to titles previous to GT5, I do know how that had to be set up and, if you bought all the necessary hardware, (2 more PS3s, 2 more monitors, 2 more game discs and a mounting solution) brand new, you'd easily spend 3 times what a PSVR2 costs today, in 2011-2013 US dollars. PSVR2 goes well beyond what you could see with a triples set up. I had the opportunity to drive on a triples set up when I took my chair and wheel stand to @OwensRacing for mods and he let me drive a bit on his triples. It was sweet, and I lusted after it for a while, but could never justify the expense and trouble of getting it all set up. Even if you managed to purchase all the pieces second or third hand, you'd still be into a triples set up for more than PSVR2, if triples even happened to be supported. The hardware for VR takes up little to no space in my game area. You can even use it without a flat screen connected to your PS5. Aside from having to wear the thing, it doesn't really have much in the way of drawbacks.

After watching the reviews from @Jordan and a few others scattered across the web, it was a no brainer, for me, to break my don't buy latest and greatest hardware, pre-order or otherwise, rule. I wish I could say the same about that Logitech G-Pro wheel and pedal set. Any driving game that doesn't have VR support will not be on any list of mine to buy.

Had the urge to use the psvr2 again today. Just a couple of races. I'm sitting in my rig wearing the psvr2. Watched a bunch of videos on how to improve the image quality and got it dialed in really nice. Using Simhub to run the Buttkicker.
My mind was blown. I don't care if I'm slower(for now)...having so much fun.
Thank you @JamCar0ne and @Dragonwhisky for always talking about it. I'm 100% blown away with the experience.

Last edited:
I've seen the comment, many times, regarding how much PSVR2 costs in relation to the PS5. It's kinda comparing apples to buckeye nuts.

Recall, if you will, the last time there was any solution for more than 1 flat screen display mode for any GT title. While I can't speak to titles previous to GT5, I do know how that had to be set up and, if you bought all the necessary hardware, (2 more PS3s, 2 more monitors, 2 more game discs and a mounting solution) brand new, you'd easily spend 3 times what a PSVR2 costs today, in 2011-2013 US dollars. PSVR2 goes well beyond what you could see with a triples set up. I had the opportunity to drive on a triples set up when I took my chair and wheel stand to @OwensRacing for mods and he let me drive a bit on his triples. It was sweet, and I lusted after it for a while, but could never justify the expense and trouble of getting it all set up. Even if you managed to purchase all the pieces second or third hand, you'd still be into a triples set up for more than PSVR2, if triples even happened to be supported. The hardware for VR takes up little to no space in my game area. You can even use it without a flat screen connected to your PS5. Aside from having to wear the thing, it doesn't really have much in the way of drawbacks.

After watching the reviews from @Jordan and a few others scattered across the web, it was a no brainer, for me, to break my don't buy latest and greatest hardware, pre-order or otherwise, rule. I wish I could say the same about that Logitech G-Pro wheel and pedal set. Any driving game that doesn't have VR support will not be on any list of mine to buy.
Well, by all means then, buy me one! I'm open to donations

Lol, I haven't justified the 5-600 dollar expense yet, not for a game system. It took me years to finally buy a wheet and seat setup, only to never have time to use it. The day will come when I finally get a VR, though I suspect it'll be obsolete by then

@Akzl298 yeah. donations. Me too! I need $1500 or so for that G-Pro set.

Wheels will come and go. VR tech will change. Cockpit set ups are a much more long term value, since you can mount new devices on it. I've been running my current "cockpit" setup since 2012 or so and the wheelstand has held 3 different wheels and pedals on it. If I ever do decide to spring the funds loose for that G-Pro, or whatever comes after this G29, it'll get mounted to that same stand. The only other thing about my setup that's changed since 2012 is the office chair, which is about a year old. I wore the original chair I used down to the point I couldn't sit in it for more than 1.5 hours before me bum went numb.

While I would like nothing better than for everyone to successfully adapt to a VR headset, if for nothing more than the market being there for improvements to the tech to happen, and if I had Bill Gates kinda' money, I'd buy a bunch of them and hand 'em out, I'm not the Gates and not everyone is capable of adapting. I figure since I saved a couple hundred getting, for all practical purposes, an obsolete wheel, I could pop for the "triples" solution I always wanted for 1/3rd the cost.

@Akzl298 yeah. donations. Me too! I need $1500 or so for that G-Pro set.

Wheels will come and go. VR tech will change. Cockpit set ups are a much more long term value, since you can mount new devices on it. I've been running my current "cockpit" setup since 2012 or so and the wheelstand has held 3 different wheels and pedals on it. If I ever do decide to spring the funds loose for that G-Pro, or whatever comes after this G29, it'll get mounted to that same stand. The only other thing about my setup that's changed since 2012 is the office chair, which is about a year old. I wore the original chair I used down to the point I couldn't sit in it for more than 1.5 hours before me bum went numb.

While I would like nothing better than for everyone to successfully adapt to a VR headset, if for nothing more than the market being there for improvements to the tech to happen, and if I had Bill Gates kinda' money, I'd buy a bunch of them and hand 'em out, I'm not the Gates and not everyone is capable of adapting. I figure since I saved a couple hundred getting, for all practical purposes, an obsolete wheel, I could pop for the "triples" solution I always wanted for 1/3rd the cost.
Don't forget the motion rig! Saw a setup awhile back close to 10k. I'm sure there's cheaper, but this thing was gorgeous

Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, May 12th, 2024 Lineup
May 2024 Season League Night #2

1. Alpine A110 '17 on SM Tires @ Autopolis - Shortcut Course - S16 Sunset - (12 Laps)​
2. KTM X-BOW R '12 on SS Tires @ Mount Panorama Circuit - S02 Early Morning - (7 Laps)​
3. Ford GT '06 on SS Tires @ Watkins Glen International Short Course - S05 Afternoon - (12 Laps)​

May 12th Combos.png

Here's what I saw on the evening of May 5th:

The continued use of this Alpine. I've had zero success with this car but I really enjoy driving it and I'm happy that it's returning for an 8th week.
IMG_4944.JPG

I saw another great battle between @Dragonwhisky and myself.
IMG_4945.JPG

I saw @Xradkins and @Dragonwhisky leave some paint on the wall on the Tokyo Expressway
IMG_4946.JPG

I saw myself get edged out by @Xradkins for a 4th place finish.
IMG_4948.JPG

I saw a nice sunny day at Big Willow
IMG_4949.JPG

I think we all went off at Big Willow at some point, but I saw @A_Higher_Place make several clouds of dust, call it a day and go greet the wife and baby, and to sign autographs.
IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

See you at the Car Show.

@Buffalo_DRD Good looking photos ! And yes I'm pretty sure everyone went off at Willow, well I sure did :lol:

As you like to call it, I'll start the car show.
2024-05-12 Combos.jpg

The Alpine lives on for another week, its 8th one. At that point, why not make it an even 10.

I wonder if anyone will recognize the GT's livery.
Hint: It appeared in a racing game 18 years ago.

EDIT: I'm not that old but man 2006 kids are now legal in bars in my part of the country. woah.

Last edited:
I've been a bit distracted lately, but here's my late-ish entry into the photo gallery for D2.
57243cce3ccd220f881b0f5df77eadfc_thumb_l.jpeg
8f5f8ebf732b92c13caf5398c1349a96_thumb_l.jpeg
d5ddd5326afcc7ff2d69aa1663a05cdc_thumb_l.jpeg
069f288ce91601a6e1531e8ee95dc458_thumb_l.jpeg
02c449707a881e6cfa9eb45262479cc0_thumb_l.jpeg

A close finish.
1244f995d2e6ea396771f1bfb5c87630_thumb_l.jpeg

It was hard to get a group photo at this track. I had to retire shortly after this shot due to wheel issues, but I was sorry I couldn't try out my cunning plan: "Drive slowly and never go off.". From the replay it might have been a winning strategy. 😁
9c3ae844123ab95c1f793bf5ff7c40e8_thumb_l.jpeg

Now this is taking 'wide corner entry' to a whole new level. 😂🤣
e2a168bca2cbfb401be90d6572a65ca1_thumb_l.jpeg
9080e53aaa3dd334879bf966c05325ca_thumb_l.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back