0-400M Car Classifications

• Thread starter Harry6784
  • 73 comments
I ran Chino's SpecV tonight in it and he pulled ahead about a car by the shadow. It will run close with '07s, but it won't beat the BEs or SpecVs.

Are you running the proper turbo and doing launching in the right gear with a quick shift? I've seen these beat Spec V's before maybe it was a tree maybe not but on my end it was an even launch, I'll test it more when I'm finished with finals.

Are you running the proper turbo and doing launching in the right gear with a quick shift? I've seen these beat Spec V's before maybe it was a tree maybe not but on my end it was an even launch, I'll test it more when I'm finished with finals.
You're welcome to run me sometime to compare, just message me when you see me on. I just tuned the 97T tonight out of boredom because online was pretty dead.

You're welcome to run me sometime to compare, just message me when you see me on. I just tuned the 97T tonight out of boredom because online was pretty dead.

Will do. I tuned the Lotus 97T as well and it is terrible at best it runs with the GTS because of the constant over revving problem, no matter what it gets it and it needs it, if you quick shift it you'll bog most likely.

Still it revs like the NSX LM prototype Road car, either doesn't hit power band, or bounces off rev limiter. There are better cars out there.
We don't tune these cars because they're good, we tune them because it's a challenge. Each challenging car gives alternate methods of tuning that might work in problem cars that we've previously tuned.

I used an online stopwatch for my Enzo Ferrari at SSRX and it crossed the 400m mark in 8.2 seconds. 0-60 in 1.96! 979hp and 1081kg.

How much HP and weight? That's pretty fast for a Delorean.

He's probably running spray and on Indy which is about thirty meters short of a real quarter mile. The DeLorean runs with the Evo VI and the Evo VI is a car slower than the Evo VIII RS which is a car slower than a Supra and the Supra runs the same if not slower than in GT5 and in GT5 it was a 9.90x car which makes the DeLorean somewhere in the range of a 10.1-10.2 second car in the actual quarter mile on Route X. A real quarter mile is 402.6 meters, Indy is about 370 meters.

Last edited:
Big update!! Cars added:

S2000 '06
Stratos '73
Lancer Evo RS '03
Lancer evo TM edition
Lancer evo rs '01
IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Series One Super Charged '03
Camaro SS '10
Cougar XR-7 '67
Nova SS '70
Charger 440 R/T '70

Let me know if any times are way off so I can retune...

Big update!! Cars added:

S2000 '06
Stratos '73
Lancer Evo RS '03
Lancer evo TM edition
Lancer evo rs '01
IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Series One Super Charged '03
Camaro SS '10
Cougar XR-7 '67
Nova SS '70
Charger 440 R/T '70

Let me know if any times are way off so I can retune...
I believe that you need to try out the Lotus Espirit

Bunch of low-mid 9 sec cars added. Let me know if anyone has any special requests, right now I'm just going through my garage timing any cars I have a tune on...

Might I make a request.
Is it at all possible to post a pic of precisely where you line your cars up from, to acquire these times?

Maybe attach it to the OP. :cheers:

If said GT-R is tuned right it can launch harder than the Spec V but regardless the Spec V will pull due to a higher trap speed but this GT-R can beat a Spec V due to it being a lot lighter and producing slightly higher torque than the Spec V but with less HP.

Just had enough money to put pats on all the Race versions and some TC's. haven't had enough money to overhaul them though. I think i know which car it is. The GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11. 1,064 BHP and only weighs 1,279 KG. It produces 116.6 kgfm of torque. I'm pretty sure this is the car that beats the Spec V. It las little less BHP, less weight and more torque than an '09 Spec V.

Cars i have tuned are GT-R Concept '01, '05 Proto, Black Mask '07, GT-R '07, Spec V, Black Edition '12 and GT-R Nismo '14.

Last edited:
I hope this will be helpful for what i am about to say but i do have some times i can post up later on if you want to see them.

Edit: I hope its not too late.

Harry and smoke can you confirm for me with these 3 examples. Which of the 3 examples best fits your method of testing? I hope its Example 1.

Thanks

Example 1

This is how i ran the Subaru. Current Official Unofficial time is 9:270.

20141224_114712_zps2te2mddb.jpg

Example 2

20141224_114758_zps30ig0bxp.jpg

Example 3

20141224_114836_zpsowfqwxto.jpg

Subaru Sport Wagon WRX Sti VI '99.

400M 9:217 @ 140 MPH.

20141224_112837_zpslsrbxwoy.jpg

20141224_113222_zpsoqgx8wua.jpg

Also Harry I have some other cars with 400M times but i haven't done the 0-60 or 0-100 tests on mine only the full 400M. But i can have damn good go at it if you like. 0-60 and 0-100 is such a tedious pain for me seems like hours to get it paused bang on at 60 MPH or 100 MPH.

Just so you know with Example 3 i made a 9:234 run which makes sense based on where the car is placed at the Start and when the timer starts. But i didn't get a picture of this unfortunately. It was as close to the Finish line as i could get it.

After noticing when you then take a photo sometimes the picture doesn't match where the car really is i find this strange. But at least i line the G Meter up behind the start line and bang on the front edge of the start line.

So all you can do is take whatever picture it gives you when you pause it. If the wheels were touching the middle black line of the finish line the cars wheels would seem to be just on or after the last part of the yellow. I reckon my evidence is good enough and close enough as you can get with this method of testing.

If you want i can post a video showing the run and how its lined up too.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back