1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Sorry about the crappy pics, but here's first pics of my latest haul.

20231028_193159.jpg
20231028_193230.jpg
20231028_195154.jpg
20231028_195302.jpg
20231028_200153.jpg

More to come once I get them unpacked.

Sorry about the crappy pics, but here's first pics of my latest haul.

View attachment 1298836View attachment 1298838

More to come once I get them unpacked.
You know what, it’d be really crazy if a Japanese fire station actually used a BRZ as an emergency response vehicle. I tried looking one up on Google after seeing your pic, but best I can find is a Mirai.

The modern Skyline police car also looks pretty nice. 👍

Diecast Expo 2023
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1448.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG
There were a tonne of cars for sale and I came back with a mega haul, including a few special editions.
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG
IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG

I also managed to sell a few cars. Overall it was a great day and I was absolutely thrilled to get some super-rare models. Finally, some people that actually speak my language. However I gotta say some of the prices were insane - there was a Hot Wheels Subaru WRX Impreza rally car (second gen) which cost $250. Sure, it has the official livery but my god, it doesn't even have rubber tyres! The RLC cars were also absurdly expensive and I'm thinking, why? Who would pay such extortionate prices? The quality is lower than the cars I tend to buy, so what's the point? Spending $80 for one special INNO64 R34 GT-R Nismo Z-Tune is bad enough, let alone $160 for a chrome green Hot Wheels RLC 300SL. However the biggest steal for me was the DJR AU Falcon, where I paid $30. I haven't verified it yet but Dick Johnson's signature is on that piece of cardboard behind the plastic case. If it's legit, it's worth WAY more than $30. I was also thrilled to get the '92 Bathurst winner with the Winfield decals. The BMW is an expo-only model and the Silvia is from the Indonesia Diecast Expo just last week. WORTH IT.

Last edited:
MOAR!

MiniGT's and one Inno64.

Attachments

• 20231111_171627.jpg
    20231111_171627.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231111_171604.jpg
    20231111_171604.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231111_171446.jpg
    20231111_171446.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231111_171410.jpg
    20231111_171410.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231111_171252.jpg
    20231111_171252.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231111_171225.jpg
    20231111_171225.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231111_171133.jpg
    20231111_171133.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231111_171047.jpg
    20231111_171047.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231111_171731.jpg
    20231111_171731.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231111_171746.jpg
    20231111_171746.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231111_171813.jpg
    20231111_171813.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 6
So my never-ending obsession with old Corgi's continues and this time, I got this! :D

This is the Daimler Fleetline from the Corgi Juniors series, also known as London Bus when it later became a Hot Wheels casting. Always loved this thing from the very moment I found it at my local hobby store called Kit Kringle back in like 2011 and as of recently, I finally decided to get another to customize. I chose this particular one because I liked how it had people on the interior piece and the windows were in decent enough shape compared to the other listings, but its overall condition was enough to warrant customizing.
IMG_1945.JPEG

IMG_1947.JPEG

IMG_1944.JPEG

IMG_1946.JPEG

And here it is next to the aforementioned Hot Wheels London Bus I got back in 2011.
IMG_1948.JPEG

So glad to have another one of these! :dopey: I didn't even know it had windows and an interior piece because my other one looked like it didn't, but that's cool! The wheels, while they may have lost a lot of their paint, still roll surprisingly well, to the point I don't even want to swap them out. This thing is going to be customized soon and I am curious to see how it is once I open it.

Got another Corgi coming in the mail and I am even more excited for it!

Last edited:
Got another Corgi coming in the mail and I am even more excited for it!
So I said this earlier, well it finally came! :D
IMG_1976.JPEG
IMG_1977.JPEG
IMG_1978.JPEG

The thing is in rough shape with lots of chipped paint, and bent axles, but I got it to restore it and that's exactly what I am going to do! :) This thing comes in the same colors as that Massey Ferguson tractor I got years ago and later restored and I am planning on repainting this one using the exact same colors I did for that one. Should be fun! :dopey:

IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG

They weren't even on the pegs yet. That's how new they were. Another fella bought a few after raiding the boxes, but we couldn't find a Super Treasure hunt in the mainline cases. Bugger. Still, good to catch the Holden twinset.

Last edited:
So I said this earlier, well it finally came! :D
View attachment 1304122View attachment 1304123View attachment 1304124
The thing is in rough shape with lots of chipped paint, and bent axles, but I got it to restore it and that's exactly what I am going to do! :) This thing comes in the same colors as that Massey Ferguson tractor I got years ago and later restored and I am planning on repainting this one using the exact same colors I did for that one. Should be fun! :dopey:
Can you tell us more about its history?

Can you tell us more about its history?
From what I gather, it's a Corgi Whizzwheels Terex R35 Rear Dump Truck from the 1970's and this particular one appears to be well-loved. A quick browse shows that they did make some with a plastic dump bed, mine however has a metal one. I imagine it had a metal one at first and then was later made plastic to cut cost, but that's just speculation. Corgi's unfortunately don't seem to have as much documentation as Hot Wheels or Matchbox and it makes me sad because I love them, more so than Hot Wheels these days.

I stripped this thing a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to work on it, but the weather hasn't been too kind lately.

Last edited:
From what I gather, it's a Corgi Whizzwheels Terex R35 Rear Dump Truck from the 1970's and this particular one appears to be well-loved. A quick browse shows that they did make some with a plastic dump bed, mine however has a metal one. I imagine it had a metal one at first and then was later made plastic to cut cost, but that's just speculation. Corgi's unfortunately don't seem to have as much documentation as Hot Wheels or Matchbox and it makes me sad because I love them, more so Hot Wheels these days.

I stripped this thing a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to work on it, but the weather hasn't been too kind lately.

In my time here, it was fascinating to hear stories being told, often by Cano, about the history of a worn down toy that would otherwise be seen as junk to many. I find something like that to be something more enjoyable in a collection hobby than always keeping tabs on the next new thing and fighting over it with 100s of other people. Hunting doesn't provide as much story as finding long discontinued stuff from someone's attic.

Thanks for sharing.

My most fun story is probably still this one Hot Wheels Pikes Peak Tacoma that came in bent from the parcel being dropped or something. The one time asking the seller to uncard the cars to save on shipping didn't pay off! Story is that I frequently shopped from an eBay seller who was reselling boxes and boxes of mainlines. I happened upon him when I was new to collecting and was getting all caught up trying to "Catch up" on cars that were released in the previous 2 decades. His prices were good for online shopping, he did bulk discount shipping, and was willing to yield to my selfish requests to uncard any cars I purchased to be able to ship in a smaller container in the vain hope of saving money wherever possible.

I've probably shopped from him 10-15 times, each time grabbing about 10 cars or so, because why pay $13 for shipping 4 cars when you could pay that much to ship 10 instead. Anyway, most of my transactions have been positive. Everything arrives just fine, scratch-free. Except this one instance. The parcel was torn and taped back up when I received it. I don't know what happened exactly. I'm guessing the tear was someone at the border thought there was something sketchy about loose toy cars in a box, tore it open (or a dog did perhaps.... or someone who wanted to pretend being a dog), dropped everything and accidentally stepped on this, and hurridely tossed everything back into the box, and sent it on its way.

No other cars were missing nor damaged.

Attachments

• vh9EW3L.jpg
    vh9EW3L.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 6
  • GZC6OYg.jpg
    GZC6OYg.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
In my time here, it was fascinating to hear stories being told, often by Cano, about the history of a worn down toy that would otherwise be seen as junk to many. I find something like that to be something more enjoyable in a collection hobby than always keeping tabs on the next new thing and fighting over it with 100s of other people. Hunting doesn't provide as much story as finding long discontinued stuff from someone's attic.
Yea, the memories you have with one certainly make for an interesting story to tell later. A bit of a running joke my brother likes to make about me is if I start talking about something that happened long ago, he'll often ask or say something like "And I got this Hot Wheel today" since I tend to remember what I got during certain times. :lol:

On another note, I have developed a bit of an obsession with buying old beat-up castings to customize or restore because the feeling of taking one that is in bad shape and making it look good again is a very satisfying one. That Volkswagen I got back in 2020 and the aforementioned Massey Ferguson, both of which are my favorite restorations, are fine examples of this.
Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome! I wish I could tell you more about it and how it got like this, but that's a question for the eBay seller I guess. As far as my story goes, I have just taken it apart and stripped the paint off and it's currently sitting in my basement waiting to be restored. I would work on it, but it's so cold down there right now, I frankly don't want to and I have school work to catch up on anyway. I do have plans for it though and when it's done, you'll hear all about it in the customizing thread. ;)
My most fun story is probably still this one Hot Wheels Pikes Peak Tacoma that came in bent from the parcel being dropped or something. The one time asking the seller to uncard the cars to save on shipping didn't pay off! Story is that I frequently shopped from an eBay seller who was reselling boxes and boxes of mainlines. I happened upon him when I was new to collecting and was getting all caught up trying to "Catch up" on cars that were released in the previous 2 decades. His prices were good for online shopping, he did bulk discount shipping, and was willing to yield to my selfish requests to uncard any cars I purchased to be able to ship in a smaller container in the vain hope of saving money wherever possible.

I've probably shopped from him 10-15 times, each time grabbing about 10 cars or so, because why pay $13 for shipping 4 cars when you could pay that much to ship 10 instead. Anyway, most of my transactions have been positive. Everything arrives just fine, scratch-free. Except this one instance. The parcel was torn and taped back up when I received it. I don't know what happened exactly. I'm guessing the tear was someone at the border thought there was something sketchy about loose toy cars in a box, tore it open (or a dog did perhaps.... or someone who wanted to pretend being a dog), dropped everything and accidentally stepped on this, and hurridely tossed everything back into the box, and sent it on its way.

No other cars were missing nor damaged.
This reminds me of eBay's global shipping program because I heard they will open packages to inspect them and sometimes damage them in the process. Never had that happen, but a YouTuber I follow has talked all about it before.

Last edited:
Back