16:9 (Wallpaper)Thread. Please Read OP

17504888975_836e4f13ca_b.jpg

I just realized this thread does not work anymore. (I hope I'm late on this?) Unless you have a screen that 800x450, these will look terrible fully expanded on any larger screens. Only people who upload to flickr or other 3rd party sharing platforms can download these in there true size. Like this one of mine is supposed to be 1920x1080, like all my shots. But is downgraded. I don't think uploading large files will work either, for they too will become compressed, like what Facebook does to photos. That's unfortunate.

THE GULF.jpg

Edit: A test photo.

Matterhorn Rotenboden_6.jpg

Edit 2: Even that 1.03Mb, 3840x2160 photo above compresses and looks terrible on my screen. Time to start finally using flickr I guess.

That or GTP makes all uploaded photos links that go to a separate page and the original photo is there. People could also start uploading without changing the size of photos again (which is stil silly.)

@Sojolala24 How did you get your photo to still expand and be a higher resolution?

Last edited:
I just realized this thread does not work anymore. (I hope I'm late on this?) Unless you have a screen that 800x450, these will look terrible fully expanded on any larger screens. Only people who upload to flickr or other 3rd party sharing platforms can download these in there true size. Like this one of mine is supposed to be 1920x1080, like all my shots. But is downgraded. I don't think uploading large files will work either, for they too will become compressed, like what Facebook does to photos. That's unfortunate.

View attachment 369034

Edit: A test photo.

View attachment 369040

Edit 2: Even that 1.03Mb, 3840x2160 photo above compresses and looks terrible on my screen. Time to start finally using flickr I guess.

That or GTP makes all uploaded photos links that go to a separate page and the original photo is there. People could also start uploading without changing the size of photos again (which is stil silly.)

@Sojolala24 How did you get your photo to still expand and be a higher resolution?
Used flickr. When you upload to flickr, hit download, and choose the option for more sizes. Then hit original, and right click the picture and copy the url and paste it into the insert image option on the forum.

While I'm here, new wallpaper/images

17284629044_06c1fa38c9_o.jpg

17907748001_0666da7622_o.jpg

17286736843_0159c8db45_o.jpg

Many of you all have done some great work. Please keep it up, I'm picking between several pictures for a new background. :mischievous:

Back