2016 Fantasy NASCARNASCAR 

Had two cars in the top top 5 and another the top 15 with roughly 15 to go. The other wrecked while running 6th or so.
Ended up 10th, 12th, 19th, 35th.

Bench drivers: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 25th. :banghead:

Forgot to pick a new lineup this week so I had to go with last weeks picks.

5th, 8th, 29th, and 40th.

All I could think was, "Really, Yahoo? Gordon a "C" driver??" :lol: Given that he made the final four cut last season, he should have been an A driver based on that alone, regardless if he is for all intents and purposes retired.

Anywho, I could have sworn I started Busch today. However when I went to check on my team's results, apparently I had Logano in the starting role. I was certain I had benched him for Busch. I think Yahoo may be conspiring against me...:mischievous:

Oh well. I'm having a horrendous season and it's my farewell season anyway. I'm completely done with fantasy sports (football included) when the NASCAR season ends. I could only take so many butt-rammings over the past couple of years before finally giving in. :lol:

Who started Matt Kenseth instead of Kyle Busch?

Me. :dunce:

Edit: yay for blind luck! :dopey:

Double edit: nevermind! 🤬

Last edited:
Did I seriously have the highest total this week? With 251 points? That's bad. :lol:

Now that I look at it, it's actually the first time I have scored the most points in the league all year. Considering half our league has stopped paying attention, that seems damn near impossible I could have gone winless that long. :odd:

1st, 6th, 16th & 30th.

Would have been better if I started McMurray but third highest score for this week, can't complain.

I picked my original 8 drivers but forgot to decide my actual starters. It didn't help that we had a big storm come through yesterday which knocked out power out, and wasn't restored until the middle of last night. I had to work today, so I didn't even think about my team before heading out. I ended up with the lowest score of the week. Figures I'd be pretty much the only one NOT to pick Larson. :(

Congrats to him, though, even if he wasn't on my team. It was a long time coming.

3rd, 4th, 7th, 10th.

Wait, what? That can't be right.

It HAS to be the throwback...you know, back in the day when my luck wasn't so horrendous that I could actually compete to win in fantasy leagues. Seems ages ago. :lol:

2nd, 3rd, 14th, 18th.

I left Truex on the bench, so I missed out on a 1-2-3. :banghead: :indiff:
That's a shame. It doesn't really equate to your frustration, but I could have sworn I started Kyle Busch at the Brickyard. It was a boring as hell race, but I was happy to know that one of my drivers had a dominating win. Except when I logged on to Yahoo later that day, I saw that apparently I had started Logano instead. Not a happy camper. :grumpy:

1st, 6th, 7th and 16th.

I'LL take it. :lol:

Two good weeks in a row for me. What in the world is going on? :odd: And I had Larson on my bench, so I could have had a 2nd place instead of my 6th or 7th. But I really didn't want to use him because I only have 2 starts left with him. :scared:

1st, 6th, 7th and 16th.

I'LL take it. :lol:

Two good weeks in a row for me. What in the world is going on? :odd: And I had Larson on my bench, so I could have had a 2nd place instead of my 6th or 7th. But I really didn't want to use him because I only have 2 starts left with him. :scared:
It really creeps me out how often our teams are nearly identical, even down to the bench drivers.:odd:

It really creeps me out how often our teams are nearly identical, even down to the bench drivers.:odd:
Indeed. We matched 5 of 8 this week.

In any case, the dang lead lap bonuses cost me the win this week. :mad: However, congrats to Adamgp on HIS first win of the season. I felt your pain, not getting my first victory until 3 weeks ago.

Dang. I had a good week and still got beat by two of you guys. :mischievous:

3rd, 6th, 7th, and 18th.

I had 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 8th with about 10 to go. Then Larson had to pit for some reason (I didn't actually get to watch the race, anybody know why he pitted late under green?) Then the stinkin' caution just HAD to come out with 5 to go. There went any chance of Chase getting the win...

Dang. I had a good week and still got beat by two of you guys. :mischievous:

3rd, 6th, 7th, and 18th.

I had 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 8th with about 10 to go. Then Larson had to pit for some reason (I didn't actually get to watch the race, anybody know why he pitted late under green?) Then the stinkin' caution just HAD to come out with 5 to go. There went any chance of Chase getting the win...
Larson had a tire going down.

The caution cost me points, too. Chase and Truex were running 1/2, and Carl lost his ass by staying out on old tires.

Larson had a tire going down.

The caution cost me points, too. Chase and Truex were running 1/2, and Carl lost his ass by staying out on old tires.
Yeah, I noticed Edwards dropped back fast. Kahne and Blaney dropped quickly too, but not nearly as much.

BTW, I was watching the live timing and scoring on nascar.com because I was at work. That's the only reason I know as much as I do position-wise about where everyone was running late in the race.

Fah. 7th, 9th, 14th, and 15th.

Considering he either ran 1st or 2nd all race, Truex deserved better than 7th. And Hamlin's penalty under one of the late cautions killed me. I have a feeling most (if not all) the "C" drivers picked this week were pretty much a wash. :lol: 12th (Blaney), 13th (Elliott) and 14th (Bowman).

Highest score of the season, 377! :D

Even with that, I'm still salty because my favorite driver, Kenseth, didn't win the race. :irked:

Highest score of the season, 377! :D

Even with that, I'm still salty because my favorite driver, Kenseth, didn't win the race. :irked:
Harvick had no business winning the race. :lol: As usual, late cautions completely changed the results. At least Kenseth didn't fall as far back as Truex. :grumpy:

3/5/14/25

Had I not put Larson in for Truex this morning, I would have had 1/3/5/14. 🤬

Back