2016 North American International Auto Show | Jan 11-24

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 99 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
I try to get one of these up every year, so here we go. Below is a list of cars that are expected to make an appearance at this year's show. I will edit this several times as we get closer. I will compile most of this from sites such as AutoBlog and Carscoops, among others. If you have any corrections, let me know and I will fix ASAP.

naias_logo_horiz_negfullC_rgb.jpg

Manufacture Press Conference times

Notes: NC = Not Confirmed / FL = Facelift

Production Cars
  • Audi A4
  • BMW 330e PHEV
  • BMW M2
  • BMW X4 M40i
  • Buick Envision
  • Chevrolet Bolt
  • Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 [NC]
  • Chevrolet Cruz Hatchback
  • Chrysler Pacifica
  • Fisker Force 1
  • Ford Fusion [FL + Sport]
  • Ford GT
  • Genesis G90
  • GMC Acadia
  • Honda Ridgeline
  • Infiniti Q50 3.0L Bi-Turbo
  • Infiniti Q60 Coupe
  • Infiniti QX60 [FL]
  • Infiniti QX30
  • Jeep 75th Anniversary Editions
  • Kia Forte [FL - NC]
  • Lexus LC 500 Coupe
  • Lincoln Continental
  • Maserati Levante [NC]
  • Mercedes-Benz E-Class
  • Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG Cabriolet
  • Mercedes-Benz SLC
  • Mercedes-Benz SLC43
  • Nissan Titan (non-XD) [NC]
  • Porsche 911 Turbo [FL]
  • Volkswagen Tiguan GTE Active PHEV
  • Volvo S90

Concept Cars
  • Acura Precision Concept
  • Audi Fuel-Cell Concept (Q6 h-tron?)
  • Buick Avista Concept
  • Kia Telluride (Large SUV Concept)
  • Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
  • Scion C-HR CUV
  • Volkswagen SUV Concept

Last edited:
I think the Fusion/Mondeo is crying out for an ST version. The basic models look quite menacing from head-on already, so some sports addenda could make it look epic.

Is there any news if FCA is showing some of the cars that was in the private dealer show last year?

Not exactly on SEMA. Its actually CES.

Faraday Future now reveals its car:

Looks like inspired from a deformed version of this car:
88097.jpg

A few cars that I'd add to the list that are at least due for a showing...
  • Honda Civic hatchback (might be more likely for Chicago?)
  • 2nd generation Chevrolet Sonic
  • Dodge Dart refresh
  • That sub-Renegade Jeep crossover (might be more likely for Chicago?)
  • Production-ready Ford GT

I'll be there on Tuesday the 19th, looking forward to checking out the new Cruze and getting a direct comparison between it and the Civic (well, without driving it, anyway). The GF will want to look at crossovers, I'm sure. I'll be busy drooling over the Volvos, and whatever racecars everyone brings along.

Out of that original list, 20 of the 33 sound interesting. The Maserati and Infiniti Q60 Coupe sound good. The Dodge Dart refresh and production Ford GT are also quite good.

A few cars that I'd add to the list that are at least due for a showing...
  • Honda Civic hatchback (might be more likely for Chicago?)
  • 2nd generation Chevrolet Sonic
  • Dodge Dart refresh
  • That sub-Renegade Jeep crossover (might be more likely for Chicago?)
  • Production-ready Ford GT
Sources? I've only listed cars that have been mentioned on auto news sites.

Sources? I've only listed cars that have been mentioned on auto news sites.

Shooting from the hip here, unfortunately.

I'd assume the Civic would get a debut here due to how the car has been shown off. Late summer debut for the sedan, November showing for the coupe, January for the hatchback. Might make more sense for Honda to debut it in Chicago due to their history with the show, and not to overshadow the Ridgeline (odd for me - Chicago usually seems like more of a truck/SUV show as it is)... Otherwise, they might just wait for Geneva.

The Sonic is well overdue for a design refresh, or an outright replacement. Despite the car first being showed off in Paris back in 2010, the car has been popular here, and it is built just outside of Detroit... It makes sense. If they don't have a Bolt in Detroit (they will), this would seem more likely. But, given that the Sonic will probably be a Bolt sans-Voltec power, they could wait... Just like they did with the Volt and Cruze, which seem to be near-enough the same thing.

For the Dart and Jeep crossover, well, they're both wildcards here. FCA really doesn't have much on their plate aside from the Town & Country, they need something else to pad the bottom line. We've already seen that the Jeep is pretty much up and running, and the SEMA stuff for the Dart seems like they want to ignite some interest in the Dart once again. According to the five year plan, we're behind schedule on the refresh, and we already know we're due for some powertrain news. The Jeep could be more likely for Chicago, the Dart for Detroit... Although I could see the Dodge pushed back to New York.

As for the production-ready Ford GT, that's gotta be a gimmie, right? I'm sure the racecar will be there, we're coming up quick on the Roar Before the 24, I'd imagine they'll give us something for the Ford GT. If there isn't a production model, I'd suspect a repainted prototype to keep interest up.

I think Faraday Future is less about Michael and more a play on the far-away future. As in, vaporware. At least they have a Hype-err... car.

Dart just had a very light refresh for 2016 (Mostly GT Model stylistically)

Info about the T&C have already been teased on Chrysler's Website:
rDZ5JzZ.jpg

1st "8" shows a family of 8 + Dog with a Gasoline hose.

2nd "8" shows a Power cord meaning the T&C has a Hybrid Option.

880 could mean 8 passenger, 880 miles to the tank, and 80 MPGe

What if the T&C is getting a diesel I4? I believe the Passat has an 800 mile range on that tank, surely there must be some kind of magic Chrysler is working, here.

EDIT: Plug-in hybrid, diesel? Volvo is jumping in that game, I see no reason why Chrysler couldn't/wouldn't... Although that might be difficult to fly in under emissions and all that.

Note that a Hemi Durango gets 565 Miles on a Tank, G. Cherokee ED 738, just putting that out there for Reference.

even with a New 9Spd Hybrid Tranny (1st application) 3.2 V6 and Hybrid Powertrain, it could manage 880miles per Tank without it being a diesel.

Added a link under the image in the OP that contains the press conference times for most of the manufactures debuting something.

Oh, I don't think that Fusion facelift looks as good as the current car. It doesn't help we had to wait three years for it to make it to Europe, so it still looks fresh as it is.

I'm most excited to get the info about the new Ridgeline and to see better photos of the Lincoln Continental. The Kia Telluride and Nissan truck are also intriguing.

...and Nissan truck are also intriguing.
As far as I can tell, it might be the non-XD Titan. I only have it listed in the concept section because that's where another site had it listed.

Edit: Added the Titan to the production car debut list, but obviously not confirmed. Also added some stuff from Jeep and VW.

Last edited:
I'm interested to find out what the tweaks on the Acadia will come out to be. The Lambda crossovers are old as dirt at this point, and even if they're selling well, it can't last forever with the new Pilot and the updated Explorer. I can't imagine they'd make it any bigger, but lighter would be great, and I'd expect some application of the updated 3.6L from the Camaro/CT6. I do wonder if this will be one of the first applications we see of forced induction on their crossovers, or, if GM will stick to traditional powertrains for another generation.

As for the Fusion, here's hoping we get more than just style tweaks. Really hoping we get some kind of sporty option again.

EDIT

Weren't we supposed to be seeing the all-new Wrangler around now, too?

Here's hoping we get that GN that's been rumored for years. A "softer" ATS-V with big power could be an interesting move in the segment, especially if they get the pricing right. If its secretly the faster of the three Alpha coupes, that'd be pretty rad, too.

EDIT

Unless they did an Avenir coupe. That'd be hella rad.

Back