2019 Ram 1500

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 117 comments
It's unfortunate that they're moving further away from their signature "big rig" styling. It's still vaguely there, but now just looks more like any other truck with a "power bulge" style hood. I'm not a big fan of the chrome grille either, it looks much better in the monochrome style that I've seen in another picture.

Ram 1500 in Patriot Blue:

2019-ram-1500-mopar-08%2Bcopy.jpg

2019-ram-1500-mopar-09%2Bcopy.jpg

Okay, so Im not thrilled with the polar styling shift, but the features on the truck itself are exciting. I wouldnt mind a mild hybrid V6 work truck to save the wallet while commuting all over town.

I've noticed something with all these official photos of the new Ram. Am I the only one that thinks that they look like an amateur ran them through photoshop to change the paint color?

I think the truck looks quite nice with a black or body colored grille, not a huge fan of the look with a chrome grille though. The interior seems quite nice as well.

Since many didn't see it I'll just post this here, might be coincidence but considering Dodge and by large Chrysler tend to use these little minute messages to hint at the future ...

Since many didn't see it I'll just post this here, might be coincidence but considering Dodge and by large Chrysler tend to use these little minute messages to hint at the future ...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that FCA is pretty much bankrupt when it comes to any sort of creativity and will eventually be sticking a Hellcat motor into a Ram.

That being said, out of all the Hellcat-powered vehicles, why a Ram based one hasn't happened yet boggles my mind. It seems like the perfect fit considering the legacy of the Ram SRT-10.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that FCA is pretty much bankrupt when it comes to any sort of creativity and will eventually be sticking a Hellcat motor into a Ram.

I don't see how, Fiat dictates pretty heavy on what they want from them, and if that means a modern day 60s/70s muscle theme in nearly everything they build so be it. However, Chrysler were adamant for some time that the ram would not get the engine or would there be plans any time soon. This was a year or two ago when said.

That being said, out of all the Hellcat-powered vehicles, why a Ram based one hasn't happened yet boggles my mind. It seems like the perfect fit considering the legacy of the Ram SRT-10.

I agree with you on this, the first thing I thought of when things were getting the hellcat treatment was why not the ram, and done as revival to the former SRT. What seemed like a slam dunk to many of us, for some reason didn't correlate to them, but putting it in a Jeep did...

Last edited:
A limited release of a SRT Ram Hellcat or whatever they'd call it would do well for a short time. Good 'ol boys love fast, powerful trucks and there would be a small niche market for it.

It's not bad to me, actually (judging on Posts #62 and #65). I remember when the whole redesign of the (then) Dodge Ram was back in 2001 or so. It's still a great-looking truck even when RAM became its own brand. Mean sucker, but I love it.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, the most upscale trim available, unveiled:

“The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn is a no-compromise luxury truck that delivers what buyers want most: strength, durability, technology and efficiency,” said Mike Manley, head of Ram brand. “Wherever you look, whatever you touch, the Laramie Longhorn is filled with more craftsman-like details, including wood surfaces and 100 percent full-grain leather seats, than any other truck in the segment.”

Pricing is likely to start at above $60,000.

https://www.thetorquereport.com/ram/2019-ram-1500-laramie-longhorn-edition-revealed/

2019-Ram-1500-Laramie-Longhorn-0001.jpg

2019-Ram-1500-Laramie-Longhorn-0003.jpg

That one doesn't look quite as much like the clay melted. Instead, it looks ugly AND uninspired. Waiting for the Rolex 24 to start, I turned on the NAIAS Recap show, and the reporters were drooling over this and everything else there. Perhaps in time and in person it will grow on me, but right now it's a solid NO.

Yeah...I'll take the one that won't break the first time I load up some plywood.

22363350001_large.jpg

New Ram 1500 Mopar parts announced.

It has been outfitted with 18-inch beadlock wheels, 35-inch tires, black fender flares, and black aluminium running boards.

Mopar has also announced a slew of performance upgrades for the truck. Among the most important parts is a cold-air intake for the 5.7-liter Hemi V8, a stainless steel catback exhaust system and five-inch exhaust tips.

2019-Ram-1500-Mopar-1.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/02/2019-ram-1500-receives-comprehensive-mopar-upgrades-chicago/

Yeah...I'll take the one that won't break the first time I load up some plywood.

View attachment 710291

Carburetor? I think I'd go for fuel injected. I used to drive around in, lemme see if i can find a shot of one:

90dodge40960-1.jpg

It was good, but I'm not entirely sure I'd call it reliable either. It had suspension issues, interior bits falling apart, knobs would break, and I swear the thing would hit 20 mph at idle if you just took your foot off the brake. None of the problems couldn't be repaired, so I guess from that perspective it was a success, but I'm not sure I'd call it reliable.

Carburetor? I think I'd go for fuel injected. I used to drive around in, lemme see if i can find a shot of one:

90dodge40960-1.jpg

It was good, but I'm not entirely sure I'd call it reliable either. It had suspension issues, interior bits falling apart, knobs would break, and I swear the thing would hit 20 mph at idle if you just took your foot off the brake. None of the problems couldn't be repaired, so I guess from that perspective it was a success, but I'm not sure I'd call it reliable.
Dodges have always seemed t have sub part interiors...some of these trucks were TBI as well.

For its time they really weren't bad trucks though.

So...apparently things aren't going well for the 2019 Ram.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...5-10aaa0b&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

According to Automotive News, the new Ram is encountering some costly roadblocks on its production ramp up. The full-size pickup's Sterling Heights Assembly plant in metro Detroit is "probably running today at 60 percent of cycle," says Marchionne.

The facility is reportedly churning out around 1,000 trucks each day and presently trending toward 1,400 units, but it's well behind schedule. The plant is running seven days a week with a pair of 10-hour shifts each day, and the company expects to keep the factory lines humming through every weekend and holiday through Labor Day. This, for a model that was already delayed for a couple of years while FCA focused on other programs.

According to the report, there are a number of reasons for the slow rate of 2019 model deliveries, including supplier difficulties trying to adapt to producing parts for two different Ram 1500 generations, as well as an alleged electrical problem with some 2,500 new models.

I first remember in 2001 or so with the long-standing design of the (then) Dodge RAM. I've loved it. Maybe my favorite previous style RAM was the sublime SRT-10 RAM. Looking at this newer RAM, I don't like it as much up front as what we've been used to with the 21st Century RAM. I still like this truck; just not as much as some recent RAM trucks.

Ram introduces Multifunction Tailgate to complete with GMC's Muti Pro Tailgate

The Ram takes a different approach than the GMC, splitting the tailgate horizontally into hinged 60/40 sections that can swing out, clamshell style, when the tailgate is raised. Each door can be opened individually up to 88 degrees. The tailgate lowers normally in a single piece, has the same damped action as the regular Ram's tailgate, can be operated by remote, and can accommodate a 2000-pound load when lowered. Ram also notes that the tailgate can execute all of its functions even when a trailer is attached. It weighs around 75 pounds more than a standard tailgate, according to Ram.

Opting for the Multifunction Tailgate will cost $995 on any trim level—as opposed to the GMC, which only offers its fancy tailgate on upper trim levels—and it comes with a spray-in bedliner, ordinarily an extra-cost option. It can also be paired with an optional $295 retractable center step to aid access into the bed. Ram says it's possible to retrofit the new tailgate to an existing 2019 1500 truck, but because it would require replacing the box in addition to the tailgate, it's an impractical proposition likely to cost several thousand dollars (stand-alone beds for the old Ram cost upward of $4000). Pickups with the new tailgate option will be available at dealerships starting in late spring 2019.
Car&Driver

2019-ram-1500-multifunction-tailgate7-1549399481.jpg

2019-ram-1500-multifunction-tailgate1-1549399481.jpg
2019-ram-1500-multifunction-tailgate6-1549399482.jpg
2019-ram-1500-multifunction-tailgate-1549399356.jpg

Edit-
Fiat has a similar tailgate on their Toro pickup truck

Last edited:
With the amount of full size trucks I'm seeing recently, I can hardly distinguish which are the new models. As in, I'm seeing more RAM trucks than any other full size truck. I've seen the new Titan and Silverado. I need to take a pic at some point to figure if the ones I'm seeing are 2019/2020 or 2018.

Seems like RAM trucks Australia are ramping up conversions.

Back