2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 227 comments
Not like it was a clear picture from before, we had no idea what was behind closed doors anyway
True. But I think it’s more confusing that he’s coming back now. His contract does run out at the end of the year, so it’ll be safe bet that he won’t be staying.

True. But I think it’s more confusing that he’s coming back now. His contract does run out at the end of the year, so it’ll be safe bet that he won’t be staying.
Especially as every man in the reporting game and their dog (even Roland Dane) were absolutely positive it wasn't a health issue like Brodie is now claiming it was.

I'm calling BS. Brodie focusing on his health is no reason for the sponsors to cut ties with Erebus. There's more to this for sure.

Glad he's back though.

Last edited:
This is particularly revealing:
As far as I'm concerned, the issues that existed at the time are still relevant and still valid – and on that basis, I don't have any intent at this stage to return.

I would say, notwithstanding the media release that's been put out, we believe that our decision that we made at the time was based on issues that were occurring that are beyond Brodie not just driving.

Those issues have never been addressed, as far as we're aware. On that basis, there's no interest for us to return and be part of that team.

We bear no grudge to Brodie. Brodie is a young man who just wants to race cars and we understand that, but we feel it's a very, very sad situation.
It seems to me that a call within Erebus rubbed Brodie and some sponsors the wrong way. I think the dispute revolved around his contractual obligation to the team and the repercussions that come with it, so I'd say he's come to a settlement with Erebus for the rest of the season before he potentially goes elsewhere. I believe that Coca-Cola, Shaw & Partners and SCTR would sponsor Brodie again if he swapped teams. Maybe.

Last edited:
Two negatives don't make a positive. I'm relieved hes considered done with the sport though I might be still bitter for the stunt he pulled with GRM of giving them sponsor and money as long as they caved to his demand and then back out after 1 season anyway...

Last edited:
Two negatives don't make a positive. I'm relieved hes considered done with the sport though I might be still bitter for the stunt he pulled with GRM of giving them sponsor and money as long as they caved to his demand and then back out after 1 season anyway...
Peter Adderton being forced to pull Boost sponsorship is karma for throwing GRM under the bus.

Do we think Brodie, Erebus and the car have the capability of making up the deficit?

It would be one hell of a mic drop if Brodie manages to throw the thing on the front of the grid for the rest of the year, then takes his talent to another garage.

The guy is a scary talent and I honestly reckon he’s got it in him… if he can put everything aside and the organisation can do their part properly.

Do we think Brodie, Erebus and the car have the capability of making up the deficit?

It would be one hell of a mic drop if Brodie manages to throw the thing on the front of the grid for the rest of the year, then takes his talent to another garage.

The guy is a scary talent and I honestly reckon he’s got it in him… if he can put everything aside and the organisation can do their part properly.
I reckon T8 have a strong possibility of having civil war happening. Broc supposedly isn’t playing nice behind the scenes. Which isn’t surprising to be honest. It’ll be either like T8 in the BTCC in 2001 or like Alonso and Hamilton in 2007, and nothing inbetween. But Brodie has to dominate which I think will happen.

I didn't think Brodie was coming back at all... What the hell happened?
Going off this. Betty's lawyers were better than Brodie's.

Erebus Motorsport threatened to sue Supercars champion Brodie Kostecki for allegedly causing the team to suffer significant losses after the driver sought to terminate his contract, Wide World of Sports can reveal.
WWOS has seen an email from Kostecki's lawyer in early February stating the driver proposed to terminate his contract with the Melbourne-based team.

Kostecki's lawyer received a letter from Erebus Motorsport by way of lawyer Sven Burchartz of Kalus Kenny Intelex in response to the driver's request stating the team would seek an injunction and sue the 2023 champion for damages if Kostecki's agreement was terminated.

Last edited:
I almost feel like he's done after Erebus. No matter what he might say about unfinished business. Team driver stuff happens all the time. However this seems worse than the Giz retirement.

If the racing overshadow these type of moments that's fine. Both parties reaction is like an abusive relationship.

Last edited:
I don't know why you would pursue this. The hostility between driver and team is going to create such a fragile enviornment and doubt any success is gonna come off it
Agreed, this info really changes the optics. It sounds like he’s basically a hostage.

It raises another question… if Brodie feels mistreated (again, presumably) with no option to leave, what will he do? Is there a chance we could see him sandbag on purpose to punish the boss?

While the contract sounds pretty solid, I’d bet the worst written consequence for underperforming would be termination.

Agreed, this info really changes the optics. It sounds like he’s basically a hostage.
So much for the "health" reasons when he left after the end of last year's season. I think I'm slowly understanding the ways they're trying to hide the whole story now...

I reckon T8 have a strong possibility of having civil war happening. Broc supposedly isn’t playing nice behind the scenes. Which isn’t surprising to be honest. It’ll be either like T8 in the BTCC in 2001 or like Alonso and Hamilton in 2007, and nothing inbetween. But Brodie has to dominate which I think will happen.
Hadn’t heard that about Feeney, definitely interesting though.

Probably sign with Tickford.
PremiAir has been the rumor. David Russell being announced as Golding's co-driver yesterday seems to add weight to that.
So much for the "health" reasons when he left after the end of last year's season.
Yeah, it's disgusting that both Erebus and Supercars themselves just tried to play this whole scenario off as a mental health issue. It'll be interesting to see whether they acknowledge the contract dispute on TV. I'm guessing not.

Last edited:
Sucks that I don’t want to watch the series. I know I could just turn down the volume when the Kostecki interviews start happening on the program, but all this was handled poorly.

Sucks that I don’t want to watch the series. I know I could just turn down the volume when the Kostecki interviews start happening on the program, but all this was handled poorly.
That’s the sad thing. It’s switching fans off from the sport. Obviously it’s not the only thing that has led us to this. I just hope the racing next weekend is as good as it was at Albert Park.

Never heard of White Castle until just now, seriously dislike Wendy's, but love the livery.

Keep 'em comin' BJR.

Didnt even realise Wendy's exist in Australia, at least the Burger joint. I know about the Ice Cream Wendy's :P

Last edited:
Never heard of White Castle until just now, seriously dislike Wendy's, but love the livery.

Keep 'em comin' BJR.
When I was little(1970s-80s) the burgers were twenty cent. When I left the states(2007) they were about fifty cents. They’re the original slider. Literally slide through your gut after about ten of them(they’re only little). We call them Murder Burgers. :lol:
1713341470203.jpeg

Back