24hrs Nurburgring cars

• Thread starter Disavowed
  • 93 comments
I have to say its a real schlepp having to do the 24hour race so many times to get to level 40, with the next race I have I will be hitting level 38. I dread doing it in a spec. Have done it so far with the minolta, x2010, Audi R8 and now trying with the audi le mans quattro.

Bobs need a lot of coaching with the quattro

MentalMadness
I have to say its a real schlepp having to do the 24hour race so many times to get to level 40, with the next race I have I will be hitting level 38. I dread doing it in a spec. Have done it so far with the minolta, x2010, Audi R8 and now trying with the audi le mans quattro.

Bobs need a lot of coaching with the quattro

I couldn't agree more

well I bought the Stage 3 turbo and I think I set the rear camber and toe to 0 but dont recall right now. Most of my Bobs are lvl 39 to 37, I considered setting the pit strategy to about 40-50% but decided not too, and just managed the pit stops when I was there and left it at 0%. So far (as of this morning anyway) I didnt have any rain, of course there were 5 and then 6 hours of the race I hadnt seen. Oh well, I guess I'll know in a few more hours when I get home how the Bobs did. I can hope the R8 had a catastrophic engine failure and dropped out of the race..... :sly:
Well, you don't have to set the pit strategy, just leave it off, and bob will pit on his own if:
-When he thinks that he does not have enough fuel to complete a lap
-when the weather changes, and he needs to get different tires
-when the tires are just plain worn out, and he can't maneuver the car.
Of course, when bob decides to pit by himself, you can tell him not to by selecting "cancel pit stop" under you commands, but I don't recommend that because bob really knows what he is doing, and if you tell him not to pit when he is low on fuel, he will run out of fuel, and his car will have to crawl back to the pits at 5 miles an hour and refuel again.

Sorry, but:
bump31.jpg

I recently was watching RynoGT4's Nurburgring 24 Hours of Nurburgring B-Spec stream, and it made me want to do my own live stream of the race on Twitch. I don't have a good copy on me right now (the only one I have always freezes right before a race starts :banghead:), but I was wondering if these cars will be any good for B-Spec if I do the race. I already know the car I will use for A-Spec, and that will be the RX-8 Concept LM Race Car. I obviously do not want to overpower the competition and I would like to use something in between a GT and an LMP car, but I won't mind using an LMP if I absolutely have to.

Here are my choices so far:

Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98: This is my 2nd favorite Le Mans car (only behind the 787B, which I'll use for Le Mans B-Spec) and this would be my first choice for doing this race with. It can compete well enough with most modern LMPs and some Group Cs when the circuit is dry. However, from what I can gather, when the AI drives this car, it falls behind when the circuit is wet, doing laps in the 11'50 range, where modern LMPs, most Group Cs, and even some slower GT cars like the R8 LMS have a faster lap time than the R390 in the rain. I'm also worried that making my driver go faster will hardly help. I do think some tuning with the suspension will fix this problem, but I know next to nothing about tuning cars in Gran Turismo and I need a lot of practice. If someone can please make or find a good tune to fix the rain problem and make it good on a dry circuit as well, let me know.

BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99: My favorite modern LMP in the game and my first choice if the R390 would not work. It seems extremely competitive with the best cars that can appear in this race, but I need to know what it's like when Bob or an AI driver drives it in the rain. If it's not that good in the rain, I think with some minor suspension tuning, it could work.

That is all of my choices for this race as of right now. Let me know what you think of the choices I have, and what I can do to make them more competitive. 👍

Back