A few LFS questions...

Gabkicks
or u could buy a few pieces of wood and build a little stand for it :P

Hmm should send you a pic of my flat mate :D

No place for it anymore :(

Edit: Can anyone please send my m@t2 cos mine is not working. Seems to be a wrong version.

kikie
Any news about a LFS version for the PS3??? It has a 20 or 60 GB HD.

I seriously doubt it'd come to PS3. The work involved in porting the code to run on the Cell processor would be too much. The PS3 audience probably wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

after the devs have finnished making the game... maybe it will come out on consols :) There are many things that need to be done before lfs is finnished. more realistic damage, next gen graphics, and the devs arent finnished with details to the physics either.

Guys I do have serious problems online :(

LfS is permanent lagging so I can't see some cars sometimes or when I'm in spectator mode everything is lagging. Does anoyone have the same probs or have solved it?

Use a 9800Radeon with 5.5 Catalyst
1,5GB Ram
2,6 GHz P4
Win XP Prof.

i'm not sure about how to solve that :( if you post on the lfsforums about it, you will probably get a replay in a few minutes or a few seconds. i suggest searching 1st though.

gt4005
Guys I do have serious problems online :(

LfS is permanent lagging so I can't see some cars sometimes or when I'm in spectator mode everything is lagging. Does anoyone have the same probs or have solved it?

Use a 9800Radeon with 5.5 Catalyst
1,5GB Ram
2,6 GHz P4
Win XP Prof.

Well, you probably need to do one or both of the following --

1. Upgrade your internet connection, if you have the ability/money to upgrade. If you're using a 56k analog modem, or something slower, that's your problem. I personally recommend DSL.

2. Join servers with a low "ping." When you're searching for servers in LFS, it'll tell you how much "ping" each server has -- the lower the number, the better.

Carl.
That's very weird, I've met quite a few players on 56k, and they were doing fine most of the time.

Yes, but if someone's having lag issues, their internet connection is one of the likely suspects, is it not? ;)

gt4005, you should try known European servers, like dSRC public servers for example, even I don't have any issue racing there from Canada. A lot of Europeans also regularily race on our server at www.CoRe-racing.com without any issues, even if it's hosted in the US.

I used fast servers and when I joined one I had no lags after deactivating Catalyst AI but then the laggs came again.

I don't have problems with Nascar Racing (over 20 players) so I don't think my DSL 1000/128 is too slow.

I waited for the skins beeing downloaded. Didn't work.

Maybe I'll post it into the official forum. Damn have to register to another boards :(

gt4005
I don't think my DSL 1000/128 is too slow.

Okay, I guess your internet connection wasn't the problem after all. :ouch:

Well, in that case, here are two more possibilities:

1. Something on your computer or on your house's network is interfering with the ports that LFS uses to communicate online -- if you can, check your router/modem to see if there are any special services being used on specific ports, and try setting up port forwarding to send port 63392 via UDP and TCP to your PC's IP address.

Here's a picture for reference:

2. Something about the phone lines between your house and the Live for Speed master server is simply making it difficult for your PC and theirs to connect...? The solution is...to move to a different city. :lol:

gt4005
I used fast servers and when I joined one I had no lags after deactivating Catalyst AI but then the laggs came again.

...wait, are you talking about a poor framerate, or a slow response from the wheel and pedals? Or are you talking about typical multiplayer connection lag?

If it's a slow response from wheel and pedal inputs, try turning on/off the fullscreen vertical sync (located in the Miscellaneous section of the options).

The multiplayer lag. Nothing else.

Will try it on my laptop now and om Friday I'll check it with my desktop computer which isn't connected to a router. Hmm well will move into a nother city. But later on :)

Gabkicks
after the devs have finnished making the game... maybe it will come out on consols :) There are many things that need to be done before lfs is finnished. more realistic damage, next gen graphics, and the devs arent finnished with details to the physics either.

Just a point, LFS devs said the next graphics motor for LFS (that is, for S3 final) will be in DX10. I'm SO waiting for it.

hi there i wanted to ask a question but didn't feel it was worth starting a new thread for, so here it is:

when you pay the £24 to unlock the full version of LFS, it does mean that you get the full version of the game for all future updates, forever, right?

there might be an s3... but that wont be out for years.
there will probably be alot more s2 content added before then. updates to the cars physics for certain.

if you like s2 you wont mind paying for s3. s3 isnt going to be for a few years and it will be worth the money... but there might not be an s3. the devs havent confirmed wether there will be a 3rd stage or not.

Anyway, it's like buying GT1 then GT2 a few years later.

Atleast they're not like EA Sports when ther release a new FIFA every year.

Hey can i use my dfp in the demo because i cant make the accelerator and brake different buttons because they are the both Y axis. Can someone help?

Back