A9 hairpin licence trial

Hi I have seen videos online of people doing this and gold is 17.1 seconds but on my game it is 16.9.
Has this been reduced if so I think that is a bit unfair, I have had 16.969 and would have had gold under the 17.1 time.
Please can you help

I have a lot of experience with racing games but this is the weirdest one I have played. ABS doesn't work as you can't steer the car while braking as the wheels lock ABS stops this in real life hence anti lock braking system. I have never played any racing game where the car constantly goes side ways and hand break turns don't work.
If you can only play this game properly with a steering wheel then it should say this on the box

The car on my game only gets up to 95 how is the one in the video doing 160 ? That doesn't even translate to kmh/mph

game properly with a steering wheel th
My previously posted video is done with a controller, just about as I read your first entry to the thread.
Yes, ABS in this game is not real life ABS, the same goes for TCS, it is different.
The car on my game only gets up to 95 how is the one in the video doing 150 ? That doesn't even translate to kmh/mph

1715949036892.png

When you apply full throttle, is this bar full white?
1715948890453.png

and this one completly empty?
1715948922537.png

You could be uploading a video, so we can see the input and propably there actually is an issue with it.

16.881 thank goodness ha ha.
I hit the brakes harder but for less time and hit the turn better.
Obviously I got myself stuck in a rut doing the same things badly over and over. Tried different ways and got it

Last edited:
I have a lot of experience with racing games but this is the weirdest one I have played. ABS doesn't work as you can't steer the car while braking as the wheels lock ABS stops this in real life hence anti lock braking system. I have never played any racing game where the car constantly goes side ways and hand break turns don't work.
If you can only play this game properly with a steering wheel then it should say this on the box

The car on my game only gets up to 95 how is the one in the video doing 160 ? That doesn't even translate to kmh/mph
Trail braking is very weak in GT7. It's strange to adapt to coming from other sims. You need to learn to tackle corners quite differently as brake application hinders your steering input much more than I feel it should.

Hi I have seen videos online of people doing this and gold is 17.1 seconds but on my game it is 16.9.
Has this been reduced if so I think that is a bit unfair, I have had 16.969 and would have had gold under the 17.1 time.
We often see this question the other way round, as some licences have had their times increase. As @Meythia says:
Gold times have changed because the games physics have changed.
Ultimately the time changes reflect the change in physics; some become harder so the times are raised, some become easier so the times are lowered. In all cases they should be no more or less difficult than they were before due to the changes in times required.

The confusion often comes from players who have an old record lower than a time that has been raised. Of course the old record was set under the old physics and the time they scored then wasn't gold so still isn't now. Others have times that are gold despite being higher than the gold time for the same reason - it was gold when it was set under the old conditions, and it can't exactly been taken away...

I remember when I was within a tenth of golding the CE of the 2nd sector of Tokyo East (clockwise) in the BMW Z4 GT3 then the physics change happened and the time got easier, but the physics made it even harder. I spent hours working on that one sector. Hundreds and hundreds of miles were put in on that one sector just to get it one time. I never want to do that one again.

Last edited:
That was brutal.
I'm assuming you mean Tokyo East (South is the Supra, Central the WRX), but yeah that was a tough one. I think Central Counterclockwise is the worst of all though.

I'm assuming you mean Tokyo East (South is the Supra, Central the WRX), but yeah that was a tough one. I think Central Counterclockwise is the worst of all though.
Yep, edited my post because I found the original post where I complained about it:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back