Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,505 comments
Can anyone help. I want to add another version of a car that has been modified but still want to keep the original.
I have tried changing the name by adding car name then added _v2 but it gives errors when you select it to race.
Any ideas please.
If you want to make a clone of an existing car (works only for unencrypted cars!), you first have to unpack data.acd in the original car folder (that's very important!) to create a "data" folder. In the second step you make a copy of the original car folder "carname" and rename it to "carname_new" or what you like and delete the data.acd in the new car folder. In the last step you must go to the sound folder "sfx" and rename the sound file "carname.bank" to "carname_new.bank" and edit GUIDs.txt and change every entry with "carname" to "carname_new". Now the cloned car willl work. It's also a good idea to change car name in the "ui_car.json" of the new car, so it's different to original car.

But don't forget, this works only for unencrypted car and if you unpack the data.acd in the original car folder before renaming it!

shi
Alternative billboards skin for Clydeside Street Circuit
View attachment 1353791

Clydeside Street Circuit by Nukedrop ( @pk3r72owns );

Used @Masscot textures.

Alternative billboards skin Download (mediafire)
Nice thank you shin! Are you able to do this also for Tyrone´s track Thermalito?

If you want to make a clone of an existing car (works only for unencrypted cars!), you first have to unpack data.acd in the original car folder (that's very important!) to create a "data" folder. In the second step you make a copy of the original car folder "carname" and rename it to "carname_new" or what you like and delete the data.acd in the new car folder. In the last step you must go to the sound folder "sfx" and rename the sound file "carname.bank" to "carname_new.bank" and edit GUIDs.txt and change every entry with "carname" to "carname_new". Now the cloned car willl work. It's also a good idea to change car name in the "ui_car.json" of the new car, so it's different to original car.

But don't forget, this works only for unencrypted car and if you unpack the data.acd in the original car folder before renaming it!
All that tedious editing of the sound bank isn't necessary. Just replace the new car's audio with that of the original car in Content Manager.

Maybe a good idea for Nuzzi and his "special" apps. I mean, no one thought about rolling starts but nowadays, thanks to him, we have it. Is he around here reading maybe? I would love to have such an app.
+1 to that. Maybe it´s possible to fix awareness with one of his special apps?:

This. With a mid race save feature and better AI's awareness AC would be perfect.

Last edited:
Release: Mirage M1 (Free)

__custom_showroom_1715190532.png

__custom_showroom_1715190564.png

__custom_showroom_1715190543.png

Not perfect but better than running GT40's instead.

Needs wiper config.

Enjoy

Hello everyone !

has anyone already tested the Nuzzi “mechanical failure” application?

I didn't know this modder but he has a lot of cool stuff. Do you have an opinion on his work in general?

Thank you for your feedback! I would love to have competitors who blow up their engines :D

Hello everyone !

has anyone already tested the Nuzzi “mechanical failure” application?

I didn't know this modder but he has a lot of cool stuff. Do you have an opinion on his work in general?

Thank you for your feedback! I would love to have competitors who blow up their engines :D
Ive tried the pit ai app, and it seems to make my AI not want to start at all during races on certain tracks. They just sit there. Depends on track really, and if I turn on/off new ai behavior. Not sure maybe I'm doing something wrong?

On tracks the app does work it's pretty cool, seeing some cars pit before others etc.

Does anybody know what is causing the disco lights on the gear indicator its also doing it on the rear lights?

I've eventually found in extra fx unticking temporal anti aliasing stops this not sure why
tbh I dont know what most of these settings do lol should I have it ticked ?

Last edited:
Ive tried the pit ai app, and it seems to make my AI not want to start at all during races on certain tracks. They just sit there. Depends on track really, and if I turn on/off new ai behavior. Not sure maybe I'm doing something wrong?

On tracks the app does work it's pretty cool, seeing some cars pit before others etc.
Might not be the app causing cars to not move at start. Pretty common. Just restart the session to fix.

I've eventually found in extra fx unticking temporal anti aliasing stops this not sure why
tbh I dont know what most of these settings do lol should I have it ticked ?
This happens if color values are negative. Temporal Antialiasing blends frames over time, but if color values are negative, values are converted to huge numbers inside the code, because it uses unsigned variable types.

Nice thank you shin! Are you able to do this also for Tyrone´s track Thermalito?
You're welcome.
Already posted.
shi
Alternative billboards skin for Thermalito 2023
View attachment 1305275

Thermalito 2023 by Tyrone ( @pk3r72owns );

Alternative billboards skin Download (mediafire)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative Road Skin for Kazincbarcika
View attachment 1305276

Kazincbarcika by Barcika ( @carTOON ), converted by @RMi_wood

Alternative Road skin Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Miami Bayside v2.0 release

View attachment 1352469View attachment 1352475View attachment 1352473View attachment 1352472View attachment 1352471View attachment 1352470View attachment 1352474

LINK UPDATED
Sorry folks, spotted a transparency error with the s/f gantry.

Originally converted from Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed by ACU & LSM.
Updated to v2.0 April 2024, including contributions by (in no particular order):
  • Climax F1: major texture overhaul and additions, plus new lighting and Grass FX configs (full skin available at Race Department/Overtake).
  • The Usual Suspects: camera-facing crowds; VAO patch; various tree/gantry/adboard clashes fixed; building window lighting added; start/finish gantry added; grandstand screen fixed; z-fighting fixed; various other fixes.
  • Mascot: animated flag-waving spectators, balloons, blimp, helicopters, jets and airliners; crowd/pits audio & flares; bandstand lights and audio; CSP flag sponsor skins; many ClimaxF1 textures baked in, many sponsor texture replacements/filters; fixed flashing turn signals; some truck textures changed to fix symmetry issues; new preview pics; Kaseya Center entrance sign changed to 'Miami Heat'; various tree artefact fixes; various shader adjustments.
  • Fanapryde: sections files and loading logo.
  • Shi: CSP flags added to flagpoles with unique flag skins.
  • lux3y: groove adjustments and fixes.
  • Nukedrop: skyring lights.
  • Various: config compiled and refined by several members and from several sources, including comprehensive Rain FX config by Zuno Toto.

Sweet news, do you know if perhaps skins for the original conversion are still viable on this rework?

Had some time left for polishing a little side project..

Legion did an initial release many moons ago, from there I started updating the physics to an initial update in 2022.

In this 2024-05 update the following is changed:
  • Updated tire model
  • Revised suspension kinematics, as close as possible to the real cars.
  • Altered sfx (stock kunos sources by lack of better 4 cylinder engines)
  • Credits to Legion for initial conversion

Note:
  • these cars run open diffs, so you need to be gentle on inputs / throttle releases
  • starting point in setup: lower braking force and move balance more forward, for less agressive weight shifts, making the car more manageable/ stable on corner entry.

How to drive by Dickie Meaden:

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jst8tu52khykzuo/2024-05-08+Formula+Ford+1600+Mod+-+Update+r1.rar/file
Note: I added an EXTRA folder to the archive, containing a lot of PDF's on setting up and driving a Formula Ford.
preview.jpg

preview.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back