Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

Continuing to enjoy AMS2. In fact basically all that am playing currently. Gravitating more towards formula cars and maybe some different tracks lately. I just know the formula cars will give a thrill each time. Been mixing it up with quick 7 to 15 lap races and time trials. Have tried occasionally on line race, however really need to find a league or club etc.

More then ever if your on the fence it is time to ditch console and get in to PC sim racing.

Pretty much enjoy most of the car classes.
I've started spending more time on my laptop than the SX, mostly automobilista 1 & the Power & Glory mod for Gtr2.

I've downloaded so many tracks for both & already started to delve into the PLR files altering ffb parameters to get a better feel of what the cars are doing.

I'll grab some cars soon, although I've gotta stay away from graphic enhancing mods for now because of the potato.

Guys, are there any PC2 to AMS2 tutorials somewhere? It is almost a crime that these Porsches haven't been converted yet.
not 911.png
911.png

:confused:Does anyone know if the KAOS Modding 2023 Indycar IR-18 mod is compatible with AMS 2 v1.5?
There don't appear to have been any updates to their website since late May...

He's on vacation with family. Taking a bit of a break. He said he will get back into it in the near future though. With also a helmet mod as well.

Hi Guys, Is there any site that has Custom Championships I can load?

I am trying to understand if not in a custom championship, how I can create an IMSA GTP, GTD grid. I have basically all the cars, except for the M4 and Lexus, but would like to limit the grid to 2 Corvette, 2 Porsches, 2 BMW's, etc. Just my own custom grid with custom liveries. Is there a way to do that editing xml files?

I don't think you can do that. The multi class system picks livers at random so singling out a select few wouldn't work unless you made a whole new class of cars with just the cars and livers you wanted.

For anyone interested the KAOS Modding 2023 Indycar IR-18 mod runs fine in the latest version of AMS 2. It may not have the latest tire model or physics changes but still great fun to blast around road course with. Wish they had an option to make the center upright in the halo/aero screen transparent though...

For anyone interested the KAOS Modding 2023 Indycar IR-18 mod runs fine in the latest version of AMS 2. It may not have the latest tire model or physics changes but still great fun to blast around road course with. Wish they had an option to make the center upright in the halo/aero screen transparent though...
The tire changes are made in game and not in car. The car has to use tires that are already available so we already have the FUSA 23 tires to use that they made the changes on. There's still going to be some more work done though as I believe he mentioned.

Slightly off topic question: Does anyone else find it sad that the great classic Can-Am cars of the 60's and 70's are so poorly represented in sims? I'm speaking of the classic big bore monsters like the McCaren M8, Lola T70, Chaparrals and Alfas of the day. Other than Assetto Corsa mods and the sole PCars2 Porsche 917/30 they don't seem to be represented anywhere.
I guess the fan base for these is mostly in North America thus their absence...

We should be getting those in GTRevival so it was hinted. Only in AC like you said and I've had to rework some stuff on them as it is. Think there's some even worse mods in rF2 as well.

We should be getting those in GTRevival so it was hinted. Only in AC like you said and I've had to rework some stuff on them as it is. Think there's some even worse mods in rF2 as well.
Yeah, the AC mods are not perfect for sure but at least they're there. I'll keep an eye out for GTR. Maybe even the upcoming Forza Motorsports...

I'll be getting the new Forza. They only have like one or two Can-Am car though and it'll be bunched in with other classes I would assume. 🙄

Was thinking of picking up the new Forza as well. This definitely makes it more desirable to me but I'm keeping my expectations low. Also hope I don't have to spend hours grinding away to earn the credits needed for the cars I want.

You know, I might pass on Automobilista 2. I don't think even at turbo clock, my new PC would meet the requirements to cleanly play AMS2.

You know, I might pass on Automobilista 2. Im don't think even at turbo clock, my new PC would meet the requirements to cleanly play AMS2.
From my perspective AMS2 is worth the purchase of a computer with enough specs to run it decently.

AMS2 is really why I purchased a pc and switched to pc racing sims.

With Thunderflash mods it is starting to feel more like PC2 from content perspective.

Just ran race in LMP2 and was fantastic!

I ran LMP2's last night too. lol On Bathurst.
I stare at the 5 Sim icons I have on my desktop and 90% of the time I keep opening up AMS2. The races are good and it just works. Can't wait to try out the new adjustments they made in the upcoming update.

I ran LMP2's last night too. lol On Bathurst.
I stare at the 5 Sim icons I have on my desktop and 90% of the time I keep opening up AMS2. The races are good and it just works. Can't wait to try out the new adjustments they made in the upcoming update.
What upcoming update?

From my perspective AMS2 is worth the purchase of a computer with enough specs to run it decently.

AMS2 is really why I purchased a pc and switched to pc racing sims.

With Thunderflash mods it is starting to feel more like PC2 from content perspective.

Just ran race in LMP2 and was fantastic!
I changed from console to PC earlier this year & getting AMS2 has been the icing on the cake

I changed from console to PC earlier this year & getting AMS2 has been the icing on the cake
Welcome to the party!
What a fun time it is. We're all patiently waiting for update 1.51 to come out because they've been doing some serious work on the fizzks model.

Yeah I changed to PC myself in July. AMS2 is the best game I think I've ever played. It's got some faults but the variety of things you can race is amazing. I haven't started Forza Motorsports yet but I don't see it taking any significant time away from AMS2 or AC.

Yeah I changed to PC myself in July. AMS2 is the best game I think I've ever played. It's got some faults but the variety of things you can race is amazing. I haven't started Forza Motorsports yet but I don't see it taking any significant time away from AMS2 or AC.
I've been diving into FM myself. While it is their best fizziks and FFB they've ever had, and they are creeping towards Sim territory, it's still not AC or AMS2 levels. Can't keep me away from AMS2 anyways. :D
But I do have something more casual to jump into now with FM. I did NOT like GT7.

Back