B-Spec - Absolutly rubbish driving.

• Thread starter GamerHugo
  • 165 comments
GamerHugo
Either I suck at giving commands or the driver is a 3 year old who cant even turn a corner without leaving the track. This normal for the beginning of B-Spec races?

Finished last but one.

Can't watch anymore to be honest, my 11 year old sister could race better than that.

I also noticed that telling them to pace down makes them do better at times when the bar is in the red

Running a remote race (long Trial Mountain). My Bob, in the stupid V16, got spun at the end of the first lap. He ended up facing in inside wall on the main straight right after the last turn. For the next 2 laps he backed up, turned the wheels slightly and went fwd, only to hit the wall and end up in the same predicament. This resulted in him slowly making his way down the pit wall.

When the other cars came around at the end of the 2nd lap, he backed up in front of several, hitting the RUF, the Ford GT and something else. He got spun around 180 degrees, I thought for sure this would be the end of it. Not for my Bob, he turned 180 degrees and went right back to what he was doing. He finally got to the end of the wall, but then got stuck behind the barrels. Finally the second time the other cars passed him he got hit by several cars and got going in the right direction.

Now that's bad...but it gets worse. After this, he ends up at the back of the line of cars (mind you 2 laps down). He then passes everyone and starts pulling away from the leader. He ends over 30 seconds ahead...though still a lap and a half behind (if that makes sense).

He was actually able to pass the 15th place car, that crappy Aston they always give some poor Bob.

:grumpy:

Running a remote race (long Trial Mountain). My Bob, in the stupid V16, got spun at the end of the first lap. He ended up facing in inside wall on the main straight right after the last turn. For the next 2 laps he backed up, turned the wheels slightly and went fwd, only to hit the wall and end up in the same predicament. This resulted in him slowly making his way down the pit wall.

When the other cars came around at the end of the 2nd lap, he backed up in front of several, hitting the RUF, the Ford GT and something else. He got spun around 180 degrees, I thought for sure this would be the end of it. Not for my Bob, he turned 180 degrees and went right back to what he was doing. He finally got to the end of the wall, but then got stuck behind the barrels. Finally the second time the other cars passed him he got hit by several cars and got going in the right direction.

Now that's bad...but it gets worse. After this, he ends up at the back of the line of cars (mind you 2 laps down). He then passes everyone and starts pulling away from the leader. He ends over 30 seconds ahead...though still a lap and a half behind (if that makes sense).

He was actually able to pass the 15th place car, that crappy Aston they always give some poor Bob.

:grumpy:

That happened to me last week, I was at a loss for words.

That happened to me last week, I was at a loss for words.

My wife was laughing the whole time. She stopped what she was doing just to marvel at the spectacle. This wasn't a 0 Bob either...my top Bob. Just last night he drove from last to 4th at Suzuka against similar ranked Bobs. :dunce:

I've had only minor moments of truly epic comedy driving with my Bobs though I have to say that everytime I have, it's been the fault of poor management as opposed to poor driving.

A few things I've learned the HARD way:

Double checking that you have the right tyres are a must. Yes, everyone knows this but I lose count of how many times I've hastily skipped through the menu to start a race and gazed in utter disbelief at how my level 36 and 37 Bobs have been reduced from true driving demigods to rank amateur drifters on the slightest of corners due to tyres fitted for previous race events.

Try not to spam the 'increase pace' button. If you've brought the right machine to the event you won't have to! If you do, Bob's temperament will gradually shift into the red on his status bar and he's likely to get stressed and make mistakes. This is frustrating. Especially in events where tyre wear applies as the more Bob spins, the more your tyres will heat and wear, causing uneccessary pit-ins.

The simplest of all. Be patient. Unless you're running a FGT, a LeMans Racer or the X2010 then there will be some races you simply won't be able to dominate from the grid, especially if you're on some of the lower levels and are using tuned street cars against competition cars. Some races you may enjoy a comfortable lead and there will be some where you may only win by a whisker. I've heard of people having difficulty with the pickup truck races and some have aced it. Others are stuck on the Nascar series and others who've flown through it. I was not one of the latter. There seems to be no winning formular other than bringing the right machine for the event, having a Bob with the experience necessary and sometimes, a lot of blasphemy!

am i the only one where b-spec bob won all his races till level 25 and the same with my second driver.

I've also found that if the car they use is constant then they will seem to adapt to that car
thus better results also make sure the car is couple of levels higher then they should be able to win easier

Last edited:
One of the most important things to do in b-spec is to create a driver thats bar is all the way on the cool side.

For every single race except the nascar and FGT series' you will have the best car (or can have the best car if you choose to). And a cool headed driver is much much better at maintaining a lead once you get it (which will happen since you have a better car).

The first time I did b-spec, I had a cool-headed driver. I did every single race easily and then went back and did FGT and nascar when I was level 30+. Even with the coolheaded driver (and in tight races where the bar was always red) he won easily.

Now I'm doing b-spec again and chose a driver that is hotheaded just to see what the difference is. He is 10x worse at driving. Once he gets a lead, he loses it so damn fast (and takes turns at like 30 mph lol). It is painful to watch.

I do fine with hot heads. My 1st B-spec was all the way on Cool, I much prefer my 3ed one (Kobayashi!) who I got about 3/4 of the way to the Hot side. Of my 6 drivers, 1 is 100% cool, 1 is about 70% cool, the rest hover from the middle to about 75% hot, and I find them great.

I'm really having issues with Bob-o in the American championship. He breaks way to early going into the corners at Indy, the AI just continually bash him from behind. I mean its borderline embarrassing the way he is driving around the oval. Both my Bobs are over level 22 so its not like they should be all careful driving around a track because they are beginners, and I'm not even pushing them into the red zone. I have him in my worked Cien, but the early breaking is killing me, any ideas?

I ran the Ford GT LM Spec II or whatever, the Standard car we win as a prize for something. It isn't the fastest in the race but it's the one where the speed goes down the least on the bends, so keeping a cool 240 Km/h + while others go down to 215 is a massive advantage.

I'm really having issues with Bob-o in the American championship. He breaks way to early going into the corners at Indy, the AI just continually bash him from behind. I mean its borderline embarrassing the way he is driving around the oval. Both my Bobs are over level 22 so its not like they should be all careful driving around a track because they are beginners, and I'm not even pushing them into the red zone. I have him in my worked Cien, but the early breaking is killing me, any ideas?

I used a RM C6. That did the trick, just make sure you adjust the transmission for Indy. Didn't do that the first time and poor Bob was bouncing off the rev limiter.

If you want to use it, I have it set to share.

Last edited:
I used a RM C6. That did the trick, just make sure you adjust the transmission for Indy. Didn't do that the first time and poor Bob was bouncing off the rev limiter.

If you want to use it, I have it set to share.

Oh sweet that would be great! Thank you. I've never went through the sharing process, what do I need to do exactly?

Actually I think bobs' driving isn't that bad. I have yet had a friend (those who play GT5 at my place) who drives better than an average bob :D

Very interesting....

I command a new Bob like crazy at first...Overtake the second the race starts...overtake, overtake, overtake...then pace up until he's well ahead...(Cote d'Zure is an exception)...

By the time they reach level 10 they are racing without commands and winning every race in non-overkill (but better than AI) cars....

Different strokes...

I want to b-spec grind with the redbull 2010, but I haven't started b-spec at all. I did the sunday cup no problem, but i can't do the ff challenge...with a 300hp car (others are little over 200hp) Why can't Bob be a reflection of you?

Nick350z
I want to b-spec grind with the redbull 2010, but I haven't started b-spec at all. I did the sunday cup no problem, but i can't do the ff challenge...with a 300hp car (others are little over 200hp) Why can't Bob be a reflection of you?

If it's any consolation, my level 33 Bob blew his lead by spinning out on the last lap of the second FGT championship race. An hour down the toilet because Bob's a moron.

Run your bob on remote bspec with friends. After about $50K earnings, cash out and your bob should be at level 9+ or so. That should help a little and use a fully mod car with everything. You should able to run other bspec with X2010 to get more xp. That should help...

This is rediculous, unrealistic to the racing industry, and plain incompetent on PDs part.

How is it that I can give my B-Spe driver a CLEARLY Superior performing car, yet he can't win an easy race because he refuses the follow orders and would rather slow down and drive like its his first time ever in a car.
And who the hell allows a person with numb arms drive a car!? I'm serious he can't drive any car in a straight line! Hes constantly swurving side to side and if hes in a car prone to oversteer, he will spin himself out.

I'm complaining because I'm doing the first race in the FR races with a FAIRLADY Z 300ZX TT 2SEATER (Z32) '89 (fully tuned) with nearly 600 PPs and yet I have to downgrade the car just so the driver can actually not over power himself with all the horses, light weight of the car, and lack of any real downforce, but still manages to lose against far inferior cars all because he won't follow orders and is a chicken to compete!

Go back to the old peoples home, grandpa!

The only cars these A.I. can actually drive in are high performance races cars. Anything else and its like they are drunk!

In real life, any driver like this would never see a real race, because managers would never hire them!

But Of course I'm sure most of you have already experience this poorly done mode anyway, but I'm constantly having problems with this. Its just a VERY VERY VERY badly broken mode.

Use the pace down command and put on some better tires.

THATS JUST IT!

As I mentioned. HE WON"T follow orders! I have to constantly tell him to pace down, yet most of the time he won't and if he does, he won't catch up to the others like i need him to, and when he does catch up and I tell him to over take them, he just hits the brakes when he gets close and makes no attempt to get passed them.

He will only do it on a straight when he has lots of space and is going much faster than them.

And I'm not allowed to use better tires than I already have equiped for the car already. Thats another huge issue!

Like I said. VERY BROKEN!

My Bob has had 4 attempts at winning the FGT and Nascar events and does nothing right, despite his decent level (34) he can't even overtake a car without shunting it and grinding to a halt. I'm fed up trying to do both these championships with no control over the outcome.

Any advice on getting my Bob through this nervous breakdown?

I'm no expert and there's a lot I don't really understand about it yet, but B-spec is going pretty well for me so far. Here are my thoughts from my own experiences - hope they're useful to someone, but don't take them as a definitive guide!

Pick the right driver - I went with the first option for my first driver, but found him so frustrating that I hired a second as soon as I could (B-spec level 5). My second driver has similar starting stats to the first, but has an ice cold temperament. This seems to be important when they have little skill - although he's in the red for most races he makes fewer mistakes, and at level 2 was winning races my original driver couldn't podium in at level 5, in the same cars.

Understand the commands - Increase and decrease pace are a little misleading. Although that's often their effect they actually seem to mean "try harder" and "calm down". Most of us have learned in our own driving that trying too hard leads to mistakes, and the same goes for B-spec Bob. If he's going off track or hanging out the back end of a RWD then you need to tell him to slow down, and if he's not using every inch of the track at the most demanding part of the lap you need to tell him to get a move on.

Pace commands last longer than the command timer - At first I thought that once the up arrow faded off the command button my driver would stop trying to drive fast and revert to his normal pace, so I spammed it at every chance. This doesn't seem to be the case - once you tell him to drive faster he'll try to keep driving at the new pace. Likewise if you tell him to slow down for a section he struggles with (eg first corner at London) he'll stay slow until you tell him to speed up again.

Don't overdo the overtaking - If you get the pacing right your driver can go from the back to the front of the field without a single overtake command from you. The command seems to tell him to really take risks to get past the car in front. I'm naturally cautious so I prefer not to use this at all. If you do want to use it, try to avoid it just before sections of track that your driver struggles with.

Pick the right car - Your driver will probably need a better car than you do - he's a genuine level 1 at the beginning, and most of us here haven't been that for a long time - but he should be able to win in a car that is close to the strongest AI cars. He will struggle, like many beginners, if you give him a car that's too demanding for the circuit or his abilities. I sent out a driver to try to win the AR Mini leg of the Sunday Cup in a RWD R32 Skyline, which resulted in a lot of driving sideways or across the grass - he won the same race easily in a much less powerful FWD car.

Hopefully that should help people get Bob off to winning ways!
what he said ^👍

normally i can tell if the drivers good by the end of there 2nd race if there constantly spinning or coming of the track then i retire them and get a different driver

it's all good. we all have to start with bobs that burnout and slide in a miata. it's kinda funny really as we all want to smash the controller due to bob's stupidity. then later on, they operate an LMP car like a scalpel and overtake perfectly on command.

my best driver is only level 35 but I remember when he couldn't even operate an RX-7. but he's the one that won the nascar event, I just had to correctly time the commands.

the FGT race I still have to do, and it is going to come down to me being at the helm the whole time. pit strategy is crucial. the first time I was underlevelled. the second time I didn't even have the best tires on. the third time I ran out of gas. hahaha. none of that is bob's fault, it's my fault. the FGT and nascar races are a good challenge, there's plenty of races we can just blitz through with the TV off.

Awe, lay off the bobs... they're usually forced to drive on comfort tires - or at least something far lower than aspec ever requires. So if you're using sports or slicks in aspec, he's going to need an upgrade on the car to win in bspec.

I was so worried they were going to make my b-spec put comfort soft tires on the Toyota Minolta race car. haha

Latest Posts

Back