Best GT Memories

One of my earliest GT memories is from GT2, messing around with the suspension settings on the Spoon Civic Type R and driving it on the test course with the rear end bouncing in the air while driving on the banked corners. :lol:

Too many of them.

I remember I liked everything thing and enjoyed every second that I played GT4, the best racing game ever IMO.
I also remember to use my custom tracks a lot in gt5 like toscana at 21h, drifting with pretty much every super car that I had but best of gt5 was the rally gran turismo. How I miss it in gt6 and it would even be greater now that the game has the audi quattro s1 and pikes peak version, memories :)

Ohh boy, here goes the documentary... This is from 5 FYI...

So, it was a late June night, staying up way past my bed time (I was 16 and still had those.... Sad days my friends..) and my league was doing a race at Le Mans. Just a simple 24 lap race (we are an endurance team so that's a piece of cake...) with LMP1s, LMGTE pro and am too. Me, well I'm the Head of Audi in my league so call me Wolfgang I guess. It was the weekend after the 2012 24 hours of Le Mans so we wanted to really go an all out sprint for this race. I'm in the broken, POS R10 which somehow did 3:27's with me at the wheel. Flying through Porsche was my best part of the track, and Tet was my worst as I tend to get real squirrelly.

So like always our team finds out how to "qualify" in gt5 by posting a hot lap on the track and then we would line up double file and pause, while host started the race by lap time. I posted a 3'25 so I came second only to a Peugeot (surprise right?) by (guess this) three seconds.. Blah blah blah. So, we did our pace lap, and then it was time to begin.

We crossed Porsche, went over Ford, and slammed the gas. Instantly I quirked a little and the Peugeot just went on like a little lion it was. Past Scotsman corner, under the bridge, and then passed the lion at Dunlop Esses, however, only to be passed in Tet. So then we go down the mulsanne, me on his draft, but staying there throughout the mulsanne, past mulsanne corner, and then down to Indy we went. I took the outside to pressure the lion, and he backed off as not to incur a penalty. I got the lead in Indy, took it through Arnage, and whipped him good in Porsche to the line.

But it would only be true if I had lost the lead in Tet, again. So it all repeated over and over for the remaining 22 laps. However the last lap was the stuff of movies. The lion took a bit of damage and caused him to have a weak engine, and we stayed side by side through every. single. corner. Then, it came to Porsche.

Now if we all remember way back from 5, the r10 had wicked torque, the stuff only the Germans could get. The lion, not as much, but a damn good competition. So, somehow my friend was able to keep next to me through Porsche, and all the way to Ford, however, I wasn't going to give up at the last 50 yards..

Sometimes they say being slow is fast, and fast is slow, and that was the case. The lion was fast in the straights, and slow on the exits. With that said, the race was over, after three LONG hours with pit stops and all, I came out as victor, and was ecstatic...

That reminds me of the awesome Le Mans races I had in GT5 - I remember once finding a lobby titled "24 minutes of Le Mans", it has to be one of the best lobbies I've ever been into - I made friends and had a true endurance race feeling. 👍

One of my favorites was from GT4 and finally being able to beat the 2J in every race of the American Championship using a Series 1 Shelby for 200 A Spec points :) Took a few tries on that one ;)

Yeah, that was a hard race...! I used the SRT 10 and won somehow, but it took days to get the tune just right!

Last edited:
I'm playing GT2. I'm 1st and into the final lap in Seattle Circuit 100miles when I paused it took a bathroom break. When I came back and about to unpaused it, I didnt saw that the highlight was in "exit" when I pressed X. I accidentally exited the race, 2hrs of my life wasted. After that I immediately restart the race....again.

I'm sorry @daan, if there is any way to remove them, I will. Back on topic.

Who remembers the hybrids in GT3? 2000 mph on the test course, F1 handling, what else, the horsepower, just wow. I loved to get on there everyday and just floor my 1500hp Ford GT40. I'm not like that anymore, but boy if I got another copy of it, a PS2 and the game shark, I'd be hooked!

Too many memories but here's a couple

GT3. The first game I played in the series and I was just blown away by how vast the game was and how good it looked at the time. I was broke at the time so didn't have money for a ps2 til GT4

GT4. Picking up the game and my Ps2 that I had saved so hard for. That memory sticks in my mind long after others had finished.

Maximum attack on the Nordschleife in arcade mode using the Sauber with max power minimum weight and super softs. Talk about mind bending :). I ended up with a 5.13 as my fastest after many laps like they were on fast forward and many more crashes.

Dragstrip at Vegas-any high powered 4WD turbo car with maximum power nitrous. Three gears all that was needed :D

GT5. Played it but didn't connect with the game so no real good memories for me.

GT6. Get back to me when GT7 comes out. There's still a lot of fun to have with this game never mind what some people might say ;)

Last edited:
While visiting my sister on holiday, my nefews pulled out the GT1 demo, played it & loved it.
After I got back from my trip went out and purchased a PS1 and the game. Hooked ever
Since.

Maximum attack on the Nordschleife in arcade mode using the Sauber with max power minimum weight and super softs. Talk about mind bending :). I ended up with a 5.13 as my fastest after many laps like they were on fast forward and many more crashes.
That's one of my abiding memories too. Except I was 3 seconds slower in my Playstation Pescarolo C60 on hards IIRC. I spent so long just fine tuning that one car to my liking. I know what you mean about the fast forward feeling laps! And the many crashes for that matter.

GT1 - the Mazda demio
GT2 - comming up with exuses to not have to stop playing
GT3 - seeing the sun ray's through the trees on deepforrest while driving the RUF CTR
GT4p - doing time trails with members of the official Playstation forum. (taking pictures of your TV to proof your time)
GT4 - getting used to the driving force pro on seatle
GT5p - interieur view
GT5 - doing endurance races with friends online
GT6 - until now, GT3 races on Mount panorama

Watching my B-spec Bob take the lead on the final Porsche curve on the VERY FINAL lap of the Le mans 24hr race in gt5.

I was using the Nissan R390GT, got into the lead then left the race on overnight. Woke up and I was all the way down in 8th with just 2 hours to go, so I spent all morning going "Pace up! Pace up!" I know it sounds took good to be true and I didn't take a photo of it but honestly good old Bob passed the first place Pescarolo Judd with about 2 corners to go. Needless to say I was buzzing for the rest of the day :sly:

GT1 - Racing for the first time (First game I ever got)
GT2 - The turbo hisses, Grinding 500,000cr. on Red Rock Valley
GT3 - Collecting all the different F1 Cars
GT4 - Passing mission 34, Collecting the Le Man cars
GT5 - Golding the Sebastian Vettel events and beating the GTR Official Record with DS3
GT6 - Moon and Goodwood events

Gt2-hks drag cars and building random fun cars.
Gt4- infamous wheelie trick killing my ps2.

Such great times on the last 5 games but can gt6 make me even happier? Who knows.

Although it was online, my first and favorite experience came on GT5 (I had purchased it shortly after Christmas 2012) when I 'entered' my first organized event. I stumbled across @polarbear345 's Grand-Am series and I had the compulsory itch to plead my way into the race. I drove backup for one of the Audi GT guys who couldn't make it and it was one of the funnest things I had ever done on GT, as it was my first taste of organized racing. All-in-all, that race is why I'm here today. :D Not sure if online endeavors count so if it isn't please let me know so I can substitute.

Using the Buick Special in the Classic car races in GT5. still didn't get full gold with it! I have like 2 golds and 1 silver on it I think and I can't go any faster!

Platinum on GT6. Completing GT4 and GT3 to 100%.
Also the fact that PD got championship awards correct in the sense that if you tied for 1st place in points you get the first place trophy regardless of whether it said you were second or first on the final championship screen.

waking up when i was 5-6 years old, fired up GT1 and suddenly saw a red Dodge Viper GTS in my career garage. He knew how much i love Vipers though he got the wrong color.
The best part ? He grinded so much money that i can still buy another GTS with blue and white stripes, and tune the car up.

Thanks dad for staying up all night playing the game to buy my favourite car in the game !

Last edited:
One of my most nerve-wrecking moments of GT, comes from GT4 and b-spec. The race was 24hrs du Mans. Bob was in a Mazda 787B, and had been leading with at least one lap for the latest 12 hours or so. A lap and a half to go, and his tyres are just about shot, but fuel is fine.
He has an off in the Porsche curves. Last lap. Another off right before the Dunlop bridge. P2 is creeping closer and closer.
Bob has a serious off at Mulsanne corner, and P2 is suddenly only a few seconds behind. My nerves are shot by now. Will 24hrs go down the drain?
I couldn't really do much to coach either, since his tyres were in such bad shape. All I could do was to watch in ever greater anxiety.
At Arnage, P2 is litterarily under Bobs rear wing. I'm sweating now. Somehow Bob manages to stay ahead all the way to the Porsche curves, and even nails them spot on! But P2 makes a move under braking for the Ford chicane... I'm almost falling apart watching this, and I almost dare not look.
Bob makes a decent exist and floors it for the finishline, with his opponent right beside him.

Bob won 24 hours of racing by 0.017 seconds.
I had to change my t-shirt.

1) The greatest and best memory will be GT3. I guess it was the game that made me love this series. Back in the days, PS2 had mythical powers and when my friend bought it alongside with GT3 and a demo disc we didn't know what to expect.
The game blew our minds! I still get the shivers from "Just a day" intro. The whole game was something unbelievable.

2) Although GT5 was delayed several times I always liked the new trailers PD was making. And when the game finally released ... well, it felt fantastic!
Again, the intro was amazing. Especially I like how the classic music changed to modern during the movie. The new beautiful cars and tracks... everything was new!

3) Driving "strange" cars in GT series, like the Nike One, Benz Motor Wagens, Ford T, Toyota Pod, various concept cars...

4) GT HD. Although it still felt "last gen", the graphics were amazing! Still play it from time to time.

5) GT5 Prologue. The introduction of the interior view! I was driving cars just to see how they looked inside. =)
Was doing the same in GT5 and doing the same in GT6.

6) First online race in GT5 with friends from GTPlanet. Was fun even if I was finishing last. ^_^

7) GT4... it was the first game I had on PS3. :I
And I enjoyed it! It was a big step forward from GT3. Couldn't stop playing it.

8) Beating the Zonda Championship in GT3. I was believing that it was impossible.

9) Beating the NASCAR, Formula GT and Classic car championships in B-spec in GT5. Glad that's over. xD

9) And it's always a great moment when I can finish first place in a License Test or a GT Academy Time Trial/ Race or any other Special Challenge. xD

Back