[beta6] GT6 Spec II Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 187 comments
What's the latest version of the MOD? From the link of the OP is Beta 7, and apparently I can't join the Discord server for some reason. Not for something, I would have news about this MOD and the GT5 Master Mod

The first track I want to upload is a 2009 project of mine. A track made up of many variations and variables. This is layout 1. The first layout of this amazing and beautiful track. Complete with fast but also slow sections, different and well-selected curves studied in detail. The result of many hours of work. Thi is the picture of my profile too. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• 61182_1530189091995_919956_n.jpg
    61182_1530189091995_919956_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 20170215_102450.jpg
    20170215_102450.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Is it possible to just get the LAN offline mod? I'd love to try spec II but having GT6 fully installed plus all updates just takes away too much space from my hdd.

Edit: Nevermind, I just learned you can't do much with the LAN mod as of yet without psn.

Last edited:
@TheAdmiester I actually managed to get my setup with DFGT working again. Since I'm rusty at the game I took Z4M with no hud and interior cam (well i actually switched between cameras) and i have to tell you, the work you did with sounds only is a game changer. Very good. Only thing about sounds is i don't think Ferrari's are that good, I remember the game Test Drive: Ferrari Legends or something like that and they really had sounds spot on.

Guys how do you figure which is which after unpacking the GT.VOL?
I'm not looking into modding anything but I'd like to remove some files such as most videos that I watch only once or twice and probably make the game so bloated.

Guys how do you figure which is which after unpacking the GT.VOL?
I'm not looking into modding anything but I'd like to remove some files such as most videos that I watch only once or twice and probably make the game so bloated.
You cannot repack a whole VOL as of now.

Ok, so to answer my own question above, it doesn't require full install, just the updates.
Now on to the mod, some of the sounds are definitely better (Honda hsv, the Subaru brz, Audi quattro, BMW etc) BUT others imo sound a llittle worse, sorry to say.
Pagani Huayra can barely be heard, Mercedes SLS seems a little too loud, and I prefer vanilla's sounds for the Senna's Lotus, Lexus lfa and a few of the Lambos.
I understand it's no small undertaking messing with the sounds of 800+ cars but just wanted to give my honest opinion. Great work so far either way.

Edit: To offset the little negativity above, just tried a few more cars, the Ford GT 06 I've got to say is my favorite, it really sounds amazing now and it's a joy to drive just due to the sound alone! Ferrari's 599/430 love it, they could be louder but I can go to the options and increase the volume. Gran Turismo F1 car sounds great now as well, miles better from vanilla. Ferrari F40 sounds the same as vanilla I think, it sounded better in GT Prologue.

Here's a comparison I found on youtube of the F40 in Prologue to GT5 which sounds similar to GT6 I think. Much deeper sound in Prologue, best comparison around minute 1:40

Last edited:
Hello. Is it possible to make Dual shock 4 and other gamepads work fully? I was unpleasantly surprised by this in the game.

That shouldn't be surprising any though lol.
I don't know if it's down to the console's OS or if the game can actually recognize other controllers. I'm thinking the former tbh

Buttons work everywhere except driving mode. What does it mean - this muck was deliberately done
Finding an original gamepad is a problem nowadays

Last edited:
Hello, is there anyway to change the way the clutch works in game? It is prettey terrible, have to be so careful and find myself ramming into neutral quite a lot.
Thanks

I know that we need to have a modded console to install this mod. My question is... If for any reason i lost my CFW or HEN for some reason like a OFW update, can i continue to use this mod? Other question, is it possible to include in this mod a way to make an update without use webmanMod to change PDIPFS files? Something like verification if you have the latest version, if not, the mod will update automaticaly.

in arcade mode is there a way to put tire wear and use pit stops in GT6 MOD? it would be a good thing to put in case if for example it will be beyond 10 laps!!! and this MOD manages to fix the problem that both the GT5 and GT6 have when using the manual transmission when using the steering wheel???

Last edited:
My two cents about the challenge to get the licenses... I think just putting it more difficult is wrong. Why? Simple.. Normally, the mods are made by true fans of a game and they tend to be better than the average player. It's normal to try harder challenges, but not everyone likes the game as the modders (or the community, as they always express his opinion on how get the game "better"), and because of that, not everyone wants this type of challenge. If PD made the license tests easier, they had a reason to do that. Probably not all players liked the difficulty imposed by GT5 and PD made things easier, since it's a game barrier...

Saying that, there's no reason to get the tests harder than it already is... You can force yourself to get better just by setting a new record... But since you can't choose what you do with the mod, it's a take or leave situation... Or you get all the benefits of the mod with the drawback of being stuck at some point because the license test is harder or you go back to vanilla and forget all the benefits.

"You can mod it yourself..." Who said that don't have the slightest empathy... Of course everyone here can do that... It's the easiest thing to do... Mod a game...

So... To avoid this become all about criticism, my suggestion...
1 - Give the OPTION instead of FORCE the challenges to be more difficult
2 - Revert the times back to original if MOD THE GAME to give the option to choose the challenge is too difficult to implement...

EDIT: The sound of the starter Honda FIT RS is weird... The sound is mute between 0 ~ 5000 rpm, and then it works normally after that. It's like the sounds kicks in with VTEC lol

Last edited:
Or alternatively, because the feature is there, use the debug menu enabled in the mod to skip the licenses and still earn the vehicles from them.
Although i agree with your points, this is an existing possibilty that's not hard to do and solved everyone's complaints about licenses.

People are literally not required to play any of the game's events if they so choose

Last edited:
Buttons work everywhere except driving mode. What does it mean - this muck was deliberately done
Finding an original gamepad is a problem nowadays

I agree. But it works with my Wireless Voyee P3, and wired Snakebyte controller.

Last edited:
Hello Nenkai, I have a problem for myself that when I try to download the updates 1.07 to 1.22 it will making me having a problem infinte time of waiting and suffering and it's gonna not making it work for me and I'm so sad for not downloading it. Well it was a incident that I lost my corrupted data and forgot to restored but making a new data will be a thing but is making me sad so I will not recommend who anyone has a PS3 Corrupted to make a new data, try to restore it without losing it.

Hello Nenkai, I have a problem for myself that when I try to download the updates 1.07 to 1.22 it will making me having a problem infinte time of waiting and suffering and it's gonna not making it work for me and I'm so sad for not downloading it. Well it was a incident that I lost my corrupted data and forgot to restored but making a new data will be a thing but is making me sad so I will not recommend who anyone has a PS3 Corrupted to make a new data, try to restore it without losing it.
I'm not 100% sure of everything you're trying to say, but regarding the updates don't try to install them all at once. There's a the thead on GTP I think and also a Google search will help. But install them in smaller batches, 2 or 3 at a time. It takes a while, but that's updates on the PS3 for you.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time to invest on a new HDD? a cheap 256gb SSD can cost around 30$ last time I checked and it's so easy to replace, GT's updates also take very long to complete even with an SSD installed in your PS3 so you've got to be patient, it takes ages to download them, then to install them and then you've got an additional in-game install process, can take more than a few hrs to complete.

Great job you're doing guys, absolutely stunning mods for GT5 and GT6. Had problems with GT6, with changing my name. But that's over now. Thanks. I miss one thing though in GT6, the Ginetta G4. Is it possible to add the Ginetta into GT6? I love this car in GT4 and GT5. Very fun to drive. My daughter's second name is Gynetta. Based on this car's name.

Você precisa de internet para ativar o bônus diário? Não consegui ativar offline, testei a versão beta 0.7 nos jogos BCES01893 e BCUS99247

*no mod gt5 o bônus ativa offline normalmente
[Portuguese answer]
Você não precisa de internet para ativar esse bônus porque os serviços online do GT6 foram encerrados. Sendo assim, o jogo não fica online de maneira alguma.

Só um conselho, amigo. Caso tenha mais dúvidas, por favor, poste em inglês e mais gente pode te ajudar.

:cheers:

[English answer]
You don't need internet to activate the daily bonus because GT6's online services have been closed. Therefore, the game is not online anymore.

Just a piece of advice, friend. If you have more questions, please post in English and more people can help you.

:cheers:

Back