Bugatti Veyron Successor: Chiron

I would simply mount it transversely.

Cizeta-V16T-production-03-1500x1000.jpg

TIFO the Cizetta V16 was transverse mount.
With a longitudinal ZF 5DS-25/2, the same gearbox used in Panteras, Boras, and M1s. It was basically two V8s with two separate crankshafts in a common crankcase but it had two heads with a total of eight camshafts driven centrally. Fascinating things.

1530810758_cizeta-v16-engine-3.jpg

I should say I don't expect the Bugatti V16 to be transverse. I think its configuration will be most like a Lamborghini's with the gearbox ahead of the engine and a shaft running through the length of the engine case to the rear diff. The differential centerline may sit aft of the hub centerline, like a Mondial T, which would give it a few inches of leeway. While I'm certain the V16 is longer than the outgoing W16, I don't expect the difference to be huge given what VAG does with packaging of its V8s and V10s.

With a longitudinal ZF 5DS-25/2, the same gearbox used in Panteras, Boras, and M1s. It was basically two V8s with two separate crankshafts in a common crankcase but it had two heads with a total of eight camshafts driven centrally. Fascinating things.

1530810758_cizeta-v16-engine-3.jpg

I should say I don't expect the Bugatti V16 to be transverse. I think its configuration will be most like a Lamborghini's with the gearbox ahead of the engine and a shaft running through the length of the engine case to the rear diff. The differential centerline may sit aft of the hub centerline, like a Mondial T, which would give it a few inches of leeway. While I'm certain the V16 is longer than the outgoing W16, I don't expect the difference to be huge given what VAG does with packaging of its V8s and V10s.
The most contemporary example is the new Revuelto which has the exact same layout, engine, 3 motors, AWD. Lambo isn't putting the transmission in front of the engine anymore, it's behind now. Two motors at the front, one motor in the transmission, bettery pack between the seats. The only reason the Lambo transmission used to be forward was to help with mechanical AWD packaging but hybrids make that a thing of the past.

So we've got a long-ass V16 in the behind the driver, a transmission and motor right over top/behind the rear axle, a battery pack between the seats, and two motors and other electrical hardware at the front.

Also, is this V16 non-turbo? It sounds naturally aspirated.

The most contemporary example is the new Revuelto which has the exact same layout, engine, 3 motors, AWD. Lambo isn't putting the transmission in front of the engine anymore, it's behind now. Two motors at the front, one motor in the transmission, bettery pack between the seats. The only reason the Lambo transmission used to be forward was to help with mechanical AWD packaging but hybrids make that a thing of the past.

So we've got a long-ass V16 in the behind the driver, a transmission and motor right over top/behind the rear axle, a battery pack between the seats, and two motors and other electrical hardware at the front.

Also, is this V16 non-turbo? It sounds naturally aspirated.
Don't have a source, but allegedly its 8.3L, N/A, and makes 1,000hp.

Don't have a source, but allegedly its 8.3L, N/A, and makes 1,000hp.
Auto Motor und Sport reported this, which was also pretty much confirmed by the guy that leaked one of the photos.

• 8.3L 90° NA V16 developed together with Cosworth
  • short-stroke
  • 9000rpm
  • 1000PS
  • bank length: ~1m
  • engine + 8spd DCT length: ~2m
  • 3 electric permanent magnet synchronous motors with 250kW (340PS) each
  • 1 in the gearbox, 2 in the front
  • system power: 1800PS

Back