Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,993 comments
What's up with the obnoxious water mark?
Explained several pages back. Upshot: there's people who like to pretend GTPlanet doesn't exist but still like ripping off our stuff (this, for example, is a custom image that isn't a direct screen capture) without credit in order to boost their own social media following.

They can't do it now because they can't pass it off as their own and they hate us too much to acknowledge our existence by using the watermarked version.

The image can be copied free of the mark in the main story.
Which I post several hours later - still well before the challenges change for even Europeans, but well after the opportunity has passed for the ****heels who leech off us. The article which contains the unwatermarked image also contains the data on the races, including the Special Event, allowing for preparation; everything you need is there.

I sometimes use far more subtle watermarks in order to check who is being lazy and lifting images I've had to make from source material to suit our layout (as 16:9 images suit many layouts). For example this GTP logo in a recent article that's only visible if you adjust the image levels:

1715306273492.png

However that's only applicable to article images lifted by some other outlets; it won't stop the social media parasites. Be angry at the lazy leeches. Rewarding their parasitism with clicks encourages them.

I've just finished 3 out of 5 races of this week's selection.

- American Sunday Cup 600 (Daytona Tri-Oval) Ford SVT 150 Raptor engine swapped, equipped with RH tyres and 1400 hp (!!!!)
Getting over 300 kms/h in a pick-up truck is fun!

- WTC700 (Autopolis) Scirocco Gr4. Just because of the new TT. RS, FM1 and one pit stop at lap 5 for fresh tyres and gas. The IA stops at lap 6 and lap 9. And I only got the win because of that extra pit. Tyre wear is a huge problem with this car.

- Vision GT cup (Grand Valley) Bugatti VGT. Power resticted 849pp RH. Not the Gr1, the other one. This car is a tank but it is fast as hell. Just point it in the right direction and let it do its job.

I've sold my Ferrari VGT and picked up this one recently. The car is a blast to drive and at least it does look like a car! And not some futuristic box shaped fantasy car as most VGT do.

All tickets received just fine.

Last edited:
Not too keen on the races this week, but I think some of that is a slight lack of new cars for me to use. Autopolis was fun, didn't get any rain because I bought IM before the race, works every time. The Vision GT races could use a bit of a shake up, would be nice to have some with lower PP limits so we can use some of the slower cars for once. Others are really just as hard as you want to make them, I decided to try and use some different cars which led to the Silvia Sisters race being a challenge, fun track though and the AI is very slow through the chicane. 5 star ticket gave me 100k, could've been worse.

Cars for the week:
full

Used these cars for this week's challenges
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240510122532.png

• Daytona Tri-Oval – American Sunday Cup 600
    • 3rd, the Newer Camaro's have better top speeds
  • Tokyo Expressway South Clockwise – Silvia Sisters
    • 2nd, there are a lot of engine swap cars here, I used a JZ swapped S15 with high ratio gears but it needed more power for 1st
  • Kyoto Yamagiwa – Special Event
    • 1st, 09 TT with simple mods from the sports tab
  • Grand Valley Highway-1 – Vision GT Trophy
    • 2nd, The Skoda was 3sec too far ahead by the end
  • Autopolis International – World Touring Car 700
    • 2nd, I know I said any 700pp car could win... I think the maverick could win but with some improvements to the quick tune I put on it and easily find 0.3-1sec per lap
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240510121959.jpg

Last edited:
1) American Sunday Cup 600 @ Daytona Tri-Oval

Kudos sent me here with the Charger Hellcat Safety Car...or should I say Police Car, given the livery I picked for it. It's an oval so the monstrous Hemi engine overpowered everyone for an easy CRB. Watch out racers, the SCPD is on the hunt!

20970948791275324.jpg

2) Silvia Sisters @ Tokyo South

This was a fun and tricky one. Kudos picked for me the Q's, of which I had recently gotten hold of a stock one. Tried using it as it is and was mauled, tuned it to 200-something hp with SM tires and result didn't change, so I went widebody with a customizable manual gearbox and some extra engine upgrades for a total of 266 hp and things started to become fun. AI sucks big time at the chicane so that's where I earned the most, unfortunately I was still overall underpowered and thus lost the race by arriving P2. But, not by much at all! Fun event indeed, maybe I'll soup up my Silvia a bit more and try it again.

20970075753112833.jpg

3) Audi TT Race @ Kyoto Yamagiwa

Another fun event this week. Used the stock '09 Audi TTS, and while power looked to be enough the car itself was not, such a snappy boi under braking! So I bought Wing A from GT Auto and an LSD, that I tuned according to Praiano's 600pp setup, and boy it was a completely different car! It was a very close victory since Fraga in his VR6 TT proved to be a tough one, but still, I won! And with the CRB as well.

20970126543879596.jpg

4) Vision GT Race @ Grand Valley Highway 1

Ah, this race. Kudos decided I was to enter it with the Volkswagen VGT Roadster, which I had never ever used before, not even in GT6 or GT Sport. Sure, only 550hp and 688pp, gotta tune it a bit. Except all I could buy was a set of RS tires, nothing else, with a tune from YouTube I hit 717pp in an 850pp race. In a Golf. A recipe for disaster?

No, not at all, it was my most fun VGT experience ever! The Skoda was a monster and way more powerful than me, while the rest of the field was a bunch of pushovers (I was P2 by the end of lap 3) the Skoda was a true rabbit. But, after various tries, I managed to find my groove with the Golf Cabrio and, somehow, I won! It was fun, really really fun, what an event! No CRB, of course, given how underpowered the VW is you need to get your hands a bit dirty to win this one.

20970355745717324.jpg

Only Autopolis missing, probably gonna do it tomorrow.

4) Vision GT Race @ Grand Valley Highway 1

Ah, this race. Kudos decided I was to enter it with the Volkswagen VGT Roadster, which I had never ever used before, not even in GT6 or GT Sport. Sure, only 550hp and 688pp, gotta tune it a bit. Except all I could buy was a set of RS tires, nothing else, with a tune from YouTube I hit 717pp in an 850pp race. In a Golf. A recipe for disaster?

No, not at all, it was my most fun VGT experience ever! The Skoda was a monster and way more powerful than me, while the rest of the field was a bunch of pushovers (I was P2 by the end of lap 3) the Skoda was a true rabbit. But, after various tries, I managed to find my groove with the Golf Cabrio and, somehow, I won! It was fun, really really fun, what an event! No CRB, of course, given how underpowered the VW is you need to get your hands a bit dirty to win this one.

View attachment 1354411
This is exactly why I like using Kudosprime to select my car for me for these events. Such randomness can provide such fun! Nice work on your race results.

Did all weekly races , get CRB only in two of them , first and last one and except one I don't know why i loose in the other two.

And as i said ,5* ticket can mean anything and my " anything" was close to nothing.
A ultra high rpm turbo for Veyron 16.4 13" worth 42k that i already have in both modificated models i use ( wide and normal ) .
Practically 5* give a big ,big , very big Zero .
That's why i prefer just credits at weekly races as rewards, because with tickets , you can't hope to see a " white day " even if it snowing 😂

Last edited:
- WTC700 (Autopolis) Scirocco Gr4. Just because of the new TT. RS, FM1 and one pit stop at lap 5 for fresh tyres and gas. The IA stops at lap 6 and lap 9. And I only got the win because of that extra pit. Tyre wear is a huge problem with this car.
Yeah, Autopolis is going to destroy an FF car's front tyres. Tracks with plenty of long sweeping medium-speed corners like Autopolis (or Kyoto, that's the best example) strain the front tyres a lot, and FF cars put the most wear on the fronts of any drivetrain since the engine weight is at the front and the front wheels are putting the power down as well. I'm not surprised the Scirocco struggles there.

I took my near-stock Sileighty to the Silvia Sisters round, equipped with Sport Softs, a ballast, and power limiter, and nothing else. Tuned to exactly 500.00 PP, I got a clean P3, which is good enough to count for the weekly challenge. Plus, I had already gotten P1 on this event previously. Still, I can’t help but to wonder if some of those other cars were tuned well past the recommend 500PP, perhaps even with engine swaps…

Last edited:
I took my near-stock Sileighty to the Silvia Sisters round, equipped with Sport Softs, a ballast, and power limiter, and nothing else. Tuned to exactly 500.00 PP, I got a clean P3, which is good enough to count for the weekly challenge. Plus, I had already gotten P1 on this event previously. Still, I can’t help but to wonder if some of those other cars were tuned well past the recommend 500PP, perhaps even with engine swaps…
Seems quite obvious they are "tuned well past the recommend 500PP, perhaps even with engine swaps…".
The question was can you place P1 at 500 PP. I couldn't.
Needed 548,05 PP in an otherwise untuned car ( suspension, transmission, diff etc. ).
Ah, and btw could you give us your runtime and FL ?

Last edited:
Seems quite obvious they are "tuned well past the recommend 500PP, perhaps even with engine swaps…".
The question was can you place P1 at 500 PP. I couldn't.
Needed 548,05 PP in an otherwise untuned car ( suspension, transmission, diff etc. ).
Ah, and btw could you give us your runtime and FL ?
The 180SX that starts on P1 has the VR38 swap, the guy you can talk to tells you that

The one driver that gives a comment before the race says out pretty clear, that he uses a swapped version and that he will destroy you on the straights...and the other top cars are tuned up as well...but a great race(like all the Silvia sisters races)

I'm curious if you manage to win the Silvia Sisters race with a car ~100PP less than recommended.
If I recall correctly, the AI Silvias are pretty buffed, especially for Deep Forest. I can't remember how hard they are at Tokyo but my guess is that I won't be able to beat it with a car that is 100pp below the recommended. Although N2O doesn't add any PP to the car itself, so it could probably be done, but that feels a bit like cheating.

Here are this week's choices. Some races I've done before and just wanted to get them over with.
Silvia Sisters saw my 660pp 365 car. Obliterated them. I was done with this race awhile back. Not my cup of tea.
Tokyo Expressway - South Clockwise_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Daytona: This one I didn't read the "fine print". I just assumed it was the Roval configuration. lol I'll revisit with other cars for top speed runs. Obliterated them too with my Chevelle:
Daytona Tri-Oval_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Kyoto: Another one-sided race with my swapped TT. I'll revisit with something stock tomorrow.:
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
155 for this one.Autopolis was a doozy my first try. Had the race in hand judging by pit stops. Went in after lap 5. Went out in the rain. We were all slipping and sliding. I was in second by the end of lap 6 and was going to accept 2nd. On the last turn I get punted and couldn't recover so had to retry. This time no rain and easy win over Blazsan in his Suzuki.:
Autopolis International Racing Course_ (4) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Grand Valley: I still hate VGT's but went out in my Lexus. It was easy going. Caught up with Mr. Skoda at the start of lap 4. Boy that Skoda is SLOW in the turns. After I overtook him he decided to be a sore loser and punted me. Got back on and overtook him at the start of lap 5. C ya!
Grand Valley - Highway 1__1 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Won 100k with that gold ticket thing. Better than parts for sure.

Last edited:
Today I cleared the Silvia Sisters race at Tokyo. It's been a while since I completed those Silvia events so I don't remember exactly how it went. I approached as it were the 1st time I raced there.

I built a S15 '02 which crossed over the 600pp line because I thought the driver with the engine swapped car would just kick my butt big time, but no. My Silvia were equipped with sport suspension, high ratio gear box, racing parts (mufler, air filter, exhaust and brakes) and all the engine tuning options. This built was just too much. It was an easy win.

Then I downgraded the car to sport tires, and the racing parts (air filter, mufler and brakes) down to sport tier. So the event became more competitive, with me getting 1st place only in the final lap.

I'll say this is the best event of this week's selection.
18f653cd12c74-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_439139903987592_1715390249951 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Well another nice set of races done. The last 10 lapper at Autopolis took a couple of tries, caught with rain on lap 5 with no IM or wet tyres to put on! Gave up. Second attempt (in the Gr 3 GTR) nearly came unstuck, pitted for fuel end of lap 5, put IM tyres on expecting rain (although non on the radar) and they were almost completely gone by end of lap 8 (I was in 1st) so had to pit again.
Put another set of IMs on and came out 6th.
End of lap 9 I was 4th, had the 3 in front in my sights and couldn't believe my luck when all 3 pitted leaving me in 1st for final lap!

Given Cr 100k, 200k and 5 star ticket which gave me a Red Bull 2014 Standard - sold for just over a million. Thank you very much PD!

If I recall correctly, the AI Silvias are pretty buffed, especially for Deep Forest. I can't remember how hard they are at Tokyo but my guess is that I won't be able to beat it with a car that is 100pp below the recommended. Although N2O doesn't add any PP to the car itself, so it could probably be done, but that feels a bit like cheating.
Yeah, there are at least 2 cars in the race that seem to be well over 500PP. But honestly, I didn't even think about NOS. I never use(d) it and therefore I completely forgot it's in the game😄

Race 1 - Ford GT '06 - exactly 600PP, walk in the park at Daytona oval. Got the 100k ticket.

18f672bef9a58-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) '02 - had to tuned over 500PP to be competitive. It was great race, this Tokyo layout is just fine!

18f672c06126-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - TTS Coupe '09 - had to tuned to around 600PP, a performance of leading cars. It was interesting race where I managed to win. Got the 200k ticket.

18f672c263f30-screenshotUrl.jpg

I have no clue how to use Kudosprime, so I'm just going to pick cars like I normally do: choose a car ~100pp less than recommended and see how it goes.
Go to kudosprime and access the full GT7 car list, there you can use some filters to narrow it to what you need (e.g. only American road cars) and then you can use the "pick a random car" button. You may need to do it multiple times before something useful/competitive comes out, but it's a fun randomness that really makes me look forward every week for these challenges.

I liked the Silvia Sisters races so much, that I made my own custom grid with all the cars, that apply to the series...I used them with their default tyres and tuned them up to a maximum of 533PP...tried out 3 of them for this weeks race and only one of them, a S15 with SHs, could win with that tune, the others, a Sileighty and a S13 finished 2nd and 3rd...so I guess something around 530PP is a good set up for those who want to be competetive in that race but not overpowerd...

Been a while since I had a clean sweep.
  • American Clubman Cup - Mustang GT 🔰
  • Silvia Sisters - 180SX 🔰
  • Tourist Trophy - TTS Coupe '14 🔰
  • VGT Trophy - Audi e-tron VGT 🔰
  • WTC700 - Citroën GT Gr. 4 🔰
Rewards:
  • 30k from 4-Star Daily
  • Stage 5 Weight Reduction for SRT Hellcat from 5-Star Ticket

I used these cars this week.

18f68cdf2fa71-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I also have a police car, but in a CHP livery. Easy win.

I tried a mostly stock Silvia, but binned the chicane on the last lap and lost any chance with a pass. So I swapped to my heavily tuned set up for an easy win.

For the TT special event, only upgrade was some Sport Soft tires. Easy.

VGT at GV was a P2 finish. The Skoda was just too fast to catch up to.

For the WTC 700 race, I was impressed by how well the Alfa handles rain at Le Mans, so I used it here. Two attempts, first had one extra pit stop that ruined my win. Second run, dry race and short shifted my way to a one stop easy win.

18f68ce034d61-screenshotUrl.jpg

5 Star reward was fine. Sold the duplicate for a little over 100K. Not much better than the lowest Credit reward possible, but a whole lot better than receiving The Shaft.

Last edited:
5) WTC700 @ Autopolis

Finally did the last remaining race, as Kudos wanted it with the Genesis G70 Gr.4 which was a completely new car to me (had to buy it since I was missing it). Interesting design, it's also a close relative to the Kia Stinger which I love, and it didn't disappoint. FM4 for the first stint of 6 laps, FM2 for the rest, used RH tires for the whole race since eventually it didn't rain but had to change them at the pit stop since the front were really worn out. Won the race by overtaking Gallo after the hairpin in lap 9, and even got the CRB despite him turning straight into me when entering the hairpin. It was fun, really fun! Lovely car as well, powerful and easy on fuel, a nice discovery.

20970821864262696.jpg

Daily marathon was a 4* ticket which gifted me a completely useless adjustable sport suspension for the 2002 Viper GTS, while the 5* from the challenge gave me an ultra disappointing carbon shaft for the GR86 worth a whopping 4,5k. There was an Aston Martin invite which I desperately need available as well, and I obviously got The Shaft. Meh.

weekly-challenge-202404w2-cars.jpg

Got a few more cars out for a maiden voyage this week, but the TTS and Gr.4 cars were repeats.

Daytona - Corvette C7 - That car just blew everything else away. It wasn't even close.

Tokyo Expressway - Silvia K '94 - I first tried this with only a tire upgrade. It wasn't nearly enough. For my second attempt, I added sports parts -- computer, suspension, brake pads, weight reduction, air filter -- which got me the win, while still being challenging enough to be fun.

Kyoto - TTS '14 - This car was way too much, but my other TTs aren't enough. Easy, boring win.

Grand Valley - Jaguar VGT - This turned out to be a fun race. I upgraded the tires to RM, IIRC. That Jag is fast in a straight line, but I wasn't sure if it would be enough for the win. I did catch the leaders on the final lap, though, and overtook them for the win.

Autopolis - Viper Gr.4 - I picked this car because I signed with Dodge for the GTWS Manufacturers Cup, but being in GT1, I don't get to use the Gr.4 car in any races. The race worked out perfectly for me. The rain started on lap 5, when I was already planning to make a pit for fuel. I put on IMs and blasted past all AI cars that were still on slicks. Finished more than minute ahead of the other cars, lapping the P10 car just as I reached the finish.

Back