Bugatti Veyron Successor: Chiron

Watched that yesterday, brilliant stuff.

Also, fun fact: That channel is yet another great creation from Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
Yeah, watched the R18 video and i was like "where did this channel come from??"

drooling%2Banime.png

Read it again. He said 0-250-0 in under 60 seconds.

I mean...considering they're stating 0-249 in 20 seconds, I'm pretty sure that the 0-250-0 time will be under 40 seconds.

IIRC, the One:1 could do 0-200-0 in about 13 seconds, so this should be even better, right?

I mean...considering they're stating 0-249 in 20 seconds, I'm pretty sure that the 0-250-0 time will be under 40 seconds.

IIRC, the One:1 could do 0-200-0 in about 13 seconds, so this should be even better, right?

The One:1 does 0-186-0 in under 18 seconds. 0-186 alone was under 12 seconds.

Gentle reminder that the Chiron isn't much lighter than the Veyron SuperSport, IIRC.

The One:1 does 0-186-0 in under 18 seconds. 0-186 alone was under 12 seconds.

Ah, ok. I wasn't aware. 👍

Gentle reminder that the Chiron isn't much lighter than the Veyron SuperSport, IIRC.

It's actually heavier.

The SS was slightly lighter than the original Veyron (which was 1.8 tons IIRC), whereas the Chiron is a few kg away from weighing 2 tons exactly.

--

I must admit though, I'm pretty excited for when the Chiron and the Regera are actually put to the test.

Like, the Chiron has the advantage of AWD, but the Regera has a slight power advantage (1500bhp to 1479 from the Chiron), and weighs like 300kg less.

Last edited:
I must admit though, I'm pretty excited for when the Chiron and the Regera are actually put to the test.

Like, the Chiron has the advantage of AWD, but the Regera has a slight power advantage (1500bhp to 1479 from the Chiron), and weighs like 300kg less.

I imagine it's like the current Veyron SS vs Agera R situation: The Veyron being the more comfortable and luxurious vehicle, while the Agera is just pure noise, chaos, and the utter faster vehicle of the two.

I've always thought the Koenigsegg to be more impressive than the Veyron, and I expect the Regera to be no less than that.

After seeing it in the metal, I think I'm safely on the fan side. It's a much better-resolved design than the Veyron. It looks classy, and almost worth the asking price. That C-shape is integral: like the first-gen R8's blade, it wouldn't look right without it. I wonder how they'll chop the roof off this one...

This decade has been much kinder on our eyes than the last one.

Not the best run, as they mention the conditions weren't the best. The immense wheelspin took up a bit too much time. But still, this car is mighty fast.

"Electronically limited to 261mph" - Wonder what the total max speed could be?

We'll find out next year when the Chiron goes for it's top speed run. Some suggest it could be around or over 280mph.

According to Top Gear, Chris Harris helped test the Chiron and he claims that a Chiron (possibly a Supersport or something) could reach 300+ mph. The main problem is the tires at high speeds.

According to Top Gear, Chris Harris helped test the Chiron and he claims that a Chiron (possibly a Supersport or something) could reach 300+ mph. The main problem is the tires at high speeds.

I'll believe it when I see it. That just sounds like marketing.

I would love to see it hit 300mph, and just completely shock the aftermarket world. Just recently, MK2Motorsports marked 293mph in the standing mile, a feat they've been inching closer & closer to over the last couple years. Bugatti can't achieve that acceleration, but it may be able to best its speed.

I would love to see it hit 300mph, and just completely shock the aftermarket world. Just recently, MK2Motorsports marked 293mph in the standing mile, a feat they've been inching closer & closer to over the last couple years. Bugatti can't achieve that acceleration, but it may be able to best its speed.

It seems like all the crazy tuned cars that I see are either Ford GT's or Gallardos. I wonder why that is...?

It seems like all the crazy tuned cars that I see are either Ford GT's or Gallardos. I wonder why that is...?
Solid power plants, which is crazy given the history of Lamborghini reliability if you tried forcing more power through it.

Nothing has done more to solidify the strength of Lamborghini engines more than the aftermarket, though.

Back