Cafe Menu 43

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 139 comments
I've switched the game off in frustration. The R92CP literally just won't turn at low speeds. Even at 2mph it won't go round the slowest corner on RBR, I have to use the run off area to the left of the track to make the turn. It wasn't this bad yesterday, I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's just stupid. The on-screen steering indicator has the red dot fully to the side but the car is barely turning.
Try turning down the braking LSD; I set mine at 10-15 for every car to improve turning

I'd really like to know the set of parameters that have an influence on the AI's course of the race.
Interesting isn't it! As I got faster at the RBR race (overall race time, not just one lap) the AI seemed to go faster. I also had this no pit experience a few times, working all race to maintain the gap to leader to under 10sec so I can pass during their pit, then they don't pit & I just roll over the line in 2nd, wipe my sweat away for another attempt..

The CLK-LM is so much fun to drive compared to the older LM cars like the 787B in these races, I didn't want to give it up.

People should really mention the difficulty they use.

If it's with AI difficulty on Hard, this Menu Book is surely the hardest to beat so far.

None of the races I was able to win with 2 tries... I tried the first time on Willow with a fully tuned Gr.3 McLaren F1 and was destroyed because of the pit-stops... That's the thing, the cars in front are not only faster, as they are Group C cars, but they also don't even need to pit, at least some of them.

And really, anything but a Group C car here detuned to 800pp won't give you any chance in hell of beating this menu book. Maybe with the F1-GTR and the CLM-LM but even those I think are a stretch due to fuel consumption and just overall lower performance at the same pp than the Group C cars.

I won the Red Bull Ring and Fuji on the 3rd try because of the rain, I knew when it was coming and basically undercut the whole top 5, some of them didn't help themselves by using intermediates instead of full wets, and won both races with over 20 second advantage, the AI is really bad in the rain. The AI 962C and XJR-9 spin a lot of the time for some reason.

The one at Willow though was really really tough. No rain, so I really couldn't get the undercut on them, so I really had to rely on a no-stop and just have better pace, probably took me about 6 or 7 tries until I finally tuned a car (in this case a C9) to win the damn thing. I was getting focused on horsepower while sacrificing handling, but when I tried to go for a more downforce focused tune with just about 460 or so HP, it actually allowed me to pace myself to finally overtake them... And you can have it at FML 1 all the time as well, and obviously, hard tyres are the choice.

And yet again, just another low-paying event that is more of a challenge/mission than an actual race. And the challenge was just finding the tune for the car to win, because once you do, it becomes just as trivial as the others.

• Single line Rolling Start: Check
  • Leader 15s or more ahead of you at the start: Check
  • Slowest Cars at the back and fastest at the front: Check
  • AI not pitting: Check

And this is basically 90% of GT7s... "race" events.

And yet again, just another low-paying event that is more of a challenge/mission than an actual race. And the challenge was just finding the tune for the car to win, because once you do, it becomes just as trivial as the others.
Interesting thoughts. I like the challenge of figuring out what car and tune combination suits your driving style to be really fast and enjoyable, especially if you do the tuning yourself, and even then you need a bit of random weather or strategic luck to win these events. I'm not sure it'd be trivial to win again. I really enjoyed the process, just like the VGT races last time. Having said all that I'd really love a series of standing start races in one of these updates!

As for the money.. If it was big payouts, I'd be in-game rich for every time I got to lap 8 realising I'm not going to win, then just finished the race anyway for the sake of a few laps. These are just short races, don't mind so much.

Interesting thoughts. I like the challenge of figuring out what car and tune combination suits your driving style to be really fast and enjoyable, especially if you do the tuning yourself, and even then you need a bit of random weather or strategic luck to win these events. I'm not sure it'd be trivial to win again. I really enjoyed the process, just like the VGT races last time. Having said all that I'd really love a series of standing start races in one of these updates!

As for the money.. If it was big payouts, I'd be in-game rich for every time I got to lap 8 realising I'm not going to win, then just finished the race anyway for the sake of a few laps. These are just short races, don't mind so much.

Yes, the challenge was figuring out the cars and tune. And it's basically all down to... any Group C cars detuned to 800pp and while having the focus on downforce/handling rather than horsepower. Fuji being a bit more geared towards horsepower but not by much, because of the long straight.
Won by like 11 seconds in Willow with my C9 after I figured the tune out and I didn't even do a perfect drive. So yes... it becomes trivial. And unless you yourself are not that good in the rain, you absolutely demolish the AI in it...

And it's basically all down to... any Group C cars detuned to 800pp and while having the focus on downforce/handling rather than horsepower.
The Jag is absolutely hopeless when dropped to 800pp. It was a good 5 or 6 seconds per lap slower than the CLK at RBR. In my delicate hands, obviously..... 😂

Another member of the “normal club” here.

787B for WS, R92 for RBR. Only 2nd at Fuji because the Nissan would only go 8 laps and the AI no-stopped in the Mazda.

Here my tune for Porsche 962 starting from praiano’s for winning at Willow
hard difficult level

Attachments

• 7E79C119-98F9-4CFE-A460-CF60276513EF.jpeg
    7E79C119-98F9-4CFE-A460-CF60276513EF.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 102
  • A9B287AC-D4DC-4338-82F6-94FE564A3CE0.jpeg
    A9B287AC-D4DC-4338-82F6-94FE564A3CE0.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 99
Try turning down the braking LSD; I set mine at 10-15 for every car to improve turning
I tried using a controller and the car handled great, so it's some sort of problem with my wheel setup rather than the car's tuning. Maybe it's because I'm using a drive hub. The game really is just awful for me with a wheel, everything about it is terrible, so I think I'll go back to controller from now on.

Having gone back to controller, giving me a car that actually handled, I won every race by over a minute.

I may have also set the AI difficulty to easy.

I tried using a controller and the car handled great, so it's some sort of problem with my wheel setup rather than the car's tuning. Maybe it's because I'm using a drive hub. The game really is just awful for me with a wheel, everything about it is terrible, so I think I'll go back to controller from now on.

Having gone back to controller, giving me a car that actually handled, I won every race by over a minute.

I may have also set the AI difficulty to easy.
You won Willow Springs on hard mode by over a minute ? :bowdown:What car did you use ?

Last edited:
No, it's what he implied "I may have also set the AI difficulty to easy". The words are right there, and the post is unedited as of now. I don't know if it's even possible for the very best, to win Willow on hard by a minute.
Sorry, it wasn't intended to be confusing, the idea was to post like many others do where they say it's really easy, but with the small print explaining it afterwards, but small enough that people wouldn't notice it immediately. It was just intended as a bit of humour.

RBR was the challenging one for me... Tried both CLK-LM and GTR F1, but only managed P2 or P3 at best. Figured that P1 does no-stop but with rather slow pace in R92. Neither Merc nor Mclaren were possible to do a no-stop with while still doing reasonable lap times.

Did it with Sauber C9 with Praiano's 800pp tune. Short shifting just at the beginning of the red line while still running FM1 allows to manage 10 laps.

First attempt rain come at around L5, so I pitted for inters. Only to discover the blue sky and no more rain right after exiting the pits lol. Nobody else pitted, so that attempt was wasted and I restarted.

Second attempt I stayed out when the rain come. Only some light drizzles, no issues to continue on RH. Catched the R92 in P1 at lap 8 for easy overtake. But also the guy pitted at the end of lap 9 to my big surprise. He still has got more than 10 % of fuel left before the last lap, so don't understand why he pitted.

Before my last lap I've saved fuel enough to push flat out. Did FL at 1:24.0 for comfortable :) win with over 20 seconds (mainly because the R92 pitted). Also had 0,5 sec pen for track limits and another 3,0 sec for overtaking under yellows.

That's all on hard difficulty of course.

Last edited:
Change my mind...

If it doesn't rain in Red Bull Ring (I must've been lucky to have it rain on my first 3 tries), you are almost guaranteed not to win. You either need a miracle that the cars in front crash or get stuck behind traffic or you must be very good at making the best tune ever to make the car have the same pace as the leaders or more... AND NOT PIT!!!

I read small letters at the end breeminator says "AI on easy.."
No, it's what he implied "I may have also set the AI difficulty to easy". The words are right there, and the post is unedited as of now. I don't know if it's even possible for the very best, to win Willow on hard by a minute.
Read the small print :D
Sorry, it wasn't intended to be confusing, the idea was to post like many others do where they say it's really easy, but with the small print explaining it afterwards, but small enough that people wouldn't notice it immediately. It was just intended as a bit of humour.
Thank you guys for making a blind man see ! :rolleyes::lol:

with nitrous
I should've thought of this. The nerfed 787B has great fuel consumption that would allow you to use Nitrous on the final laps.

Then I'm reminded that it costs 100k. So I would be paying to win the event and lose money overall :lol: I already had to buy Racing Hards and the Inters and Wets (and the fully custom trans).

Still, my average laps were also 1:26s, only once at 1:25 and Kokubun, which is the only one who never pits, always finished like 7 to 8 seconds ahead of me...

Last edited:
I have to say I thought the Willow Springs race was the easiest one where you can actually catch the leading AI just by driving consistently well. On Red Bull Ring you need some kind of luck to get there, either backmarkers or weather with bad AI strategy. My road to wins was:
  • Willow Springs: XJR9, RH, 5/15/50 diff settings, nitrous, FM1, lap 1:07-1:08, no stop
  • Fuji: CLK-LM, RH, 5/15/60 diff, nitrous, FM1, one stop, can't remember lap times :(
  • RBR: CLK-LM, RH, 5/15/60 diff, nitrous, mid-RPM turbo, FM2, dry laps 1:25-1:26 targeting no stop, weather luck!
Now this Hyper car cup is what I'd call trivial, you can drive any OP car, no track penalties, spin out 5 times and still win. At least it was a nice opportunity to drive all my full tune GTRs which sound awesome.

I only have a 787B to go with these races, on hard managed to win Willow Spring after a few tries, needed to basically run a perfect race to do it running consistent 1:08s, didn't know I could use Nitrous I think that would make that a bit easier. Run RBR and it rained hard with a few laps to go and I just happened to be by the pit so pitted for Inter and ended up winning by a lot when the AI were struggling between tire options and pitted many times. Haven't beat Fuji yet. Don't think my setup is quite fast enough, was able to salvage a 3rd to meet the requirement for the menu. Might go back to try it a few more times.

Mazda 787B tune, and it worked out for me under Hard difficulty.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220802033937.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220802033942.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220802054600.jpg

Strategy guide for each race:
- Big Willow - Easy flat out (no fuel saving needed). Be patient with the throttle on lower speed corners, and don't build sandcastles. Lap times: 1:07 - 1:08

- Red Bull Ring - Easy flat out (no fuel saving needed). Zero stop unless it rains enough to require Inters/Wets. Keep an eye on the weather, and be patient with the throttle on low speed corners and/or wet conditions. Bonus points if the AI Escudo holds up the AI XJR-9 and R92CP, as they go for the 0 stop and have decent pace... Double points if they spin out at some point. Lap times: 1:23 - 1:24 (dry) ... 1:44 - 1:46 (wet)

- Fuji - Zero stop unless it rains enough to require Inters/Wets. Minor fuel saving required. Use all revs on main straight. Everywhere else, shift just as the bar is about to fill up. Keep an eye on the weather, and be patient with the throttle on low speed corners and/or wet conditions. Be especially patient with the throttle on sector 3 (all conditions). Lap times: 1:34 - 1:36 (dry) ... 1:53 - 1:57 (wet)

Results:
- Big Willow

Last edited:
I used the Suzuki Escudo (without any tuning, unless I've previously restricted the power and forgot). Put Inters on when I pitted due to rain and ran the rest of the race on them. Perhaps luckily the other cars also pitted and I regained the lead.

I had winning success with the Nissan R92CP and the Jaguar XJR-9. The XJR-9 was my favorite out of the two. I was able to win all three races on a no-stop strategy, with racing hard tires, and adjusting the fuel map as appropriate. I did experience a very brief portion of rain at the Red Bull Ring and Fuji, yet it didn't even last a full lap (nor did the rain hit the entire circuit). This was completed on hard difficulty.

Below are my results, lap times (for reference), and the setup I made for the XJR-9. Setup notes: I auto adjusted the gearing for each track.
  • Willow Springs = 300KPH.
  • Red Bull Ring = 310KPH.
  • Fuji = 340KPH.
The high downforce setup was used at Willow Springs. The other two tracks, the low downforce setup. Give it a go if you have this car.

Attachments

• Jaguar XJR-9 Low Downforce Setup.jpg
    Jaguar XJR-9 Low Downforce Setup.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Jaguar XJR-9 High Downforce Setup - Page 2.jpg
    Jaguar XJR-9 High Downforce Setup - Page 2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Jaguar XJR-9 High Downforce Setup.jpg
    Jaguar XJR-9 High Downforce Setup.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 45
  • NeoClassic Fuji Laptimes - Jaguar XJR-9.jpg
    NeoClassic Fuji Laptimes - Jaguar XJR-9.jpg