Car Build Contest (NFS Underground 2)

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 144 comments
Can't believe I won that last round, but thanks to everyone who voted for my 3000GT.

This next round (AMERICAN MUSCLE) is dedicated to Underground's Muscle Cars. Choose between the Ford Mustang GT and Pontiac GTO. No restrictions as far as upgrades go. I might not be able to participate in this round, but I'll still build something to show what I would've done once the thread is up.

Not gonna partake in this theme because the game lacks the following bodykits that I needed for the two cars:

Ford Mustang GT
latest

Pontiac GTO
latest

I know the Mustang has a bodykit similar to the one above but that one makes the Mustang look like a submarine.

I decided to add a leaderboard to keep track of users who has the most wins. Also I decided to give year end awards to those who:

- Has the greatest build from any theme (Greatest Build award)
- Most wins in a year (MVB Award (Most Valuable Builder of the Year))
- Has the most sensible build from any theme (Sensible Build award)
- Has the riciest build from any theme (Riciest Build award)
- Most appearances in a year (Hardworker award)

So what do you guys think? I wanted to add this to convince more users to join this contest.

I'd say at the end of the year, we have a poll for the best 5 winners with the most dominating amount of votes through the year.
Yeah that could work and that gives me another idea for an award which is then Greatest Builder award. The criteria you mentioned will be used. :)

MVB and Hardworker are pretty straight forward, but the rest are highly subjective and hold no sim value unless they're based on nominations and votes.

I'd say everyone gets to make two nominations (and votes) for each award, but you cannot nominate (or vote for) your own creations.

MVB and Hardworker are pretty straight forward, but the rest are highly subjective and hold no sim value unless they're based on nominations and votes.

I'd say everyone gets to make two nominations (and votes) for each award, but you cannot nominate (or vote for) your own creations.
Thanks for your input.

@SomePlayaDude's idea for an award is what led me to think of a new award named "Ultimate Builder" whereas the number of votes from all builds will be counted and the one that has the most no. of votes will be the Ultimate Builder.

For the other awards, I might remove them and we'll only have like three awards.

For those who still wants to join in this theme, you have less an hour left to send your builds.

Well, as the new president of the United States winner of the last contest, I've been obligated to make the next theme.

That theme is: Underground Race Sponsor

"In the career mode, you will receive sponsors from Rachel which you'll have to fulfill. The issue I'm having with it is how it just exists only as a mention, and to tell you that you got a free car, while in real life, representing is just as important as racing for them. I'd say let's take that up a notch. Build any car, but have it assume a sponsored "cup car" to prove you're worth something on the streets."

Optional: Announce on this thread to land dibs on whatever brand you want to represent. I'd prefer to have a different brand per person to make it look like these brands are actually competing.

Limitations:

- Vinyls are free reign, but the top layer has to be either an "After Market" vinyl, or a "Sponsor" vinyl (Burger King, Best Buy). It also has to be pretty visible.
- Don't use 2 different sponsors. Don't have two "After Market" or "Sponsor" vinyls.
- No decals.
- No spinners.
- You can't use COPPERHEAD and GATO split hoods.
- If you happen to represent a wheel brand such as 5Zigen, O.Z. or BBS, make sure you're using them.

My example: A Burger King themed Peugeot 206.
full

PS: was thinking of a "Build a car within X amount of stars.", but I know how much we all hate that rating.

I have one question:

What about cut sponsor/after market vinyls? Are they permitted as well or are we restricted to what can be obtained by playing through the game?

Ok, this one's interesting! :D Kind of dissagree about no decals, since most sponsored race cars have decals, and they could be nice little details :)

I have one question:

What about cut sponsor/after market vinyls? Are they permitted as well or are we restricted to what can be obtained by playing through the game?

I'm not sure what they are, but I guess it's fine. But just in case some of us disagree, just have a base game build ready.

Ok, this one's interesting! :D Kind of dissagree about no decals, since most sponsored race cars have decals, and they could be nice little details :)

I would be totally okay if it was a manufacturer or NFS on the front window as a decal, but that isn't possible here. Probably had the thought that I just want one of those cars you see in the DiRT games.

Maybe whoever wins this theme would go for straight up homologated race car, flooded with sponsors. Whatever the theme, I'm hoping I can put another SUV there.

Quick question. Is there a way to get pics from the PS2 to a PC? I've not turned the game on in years, but I'm in need of some action, so I might throw my hoodie in this stuff.

Quick question. Is there a way to get pics from the PS2 to a PC? I've not turned the game on in years, but I'm in need of some action, so I might throw my hoodie in this stuff.
Unless you have a capture card, then theres no way that you can take screenshots on the PS2.

Technically I do, but I've not put the entire monstrous mess together yet.

I was just about to ask that. 👍
Camera is ok but the problem is that I can't properly see the build.

Completely forgot about this round. I'll try to send my build in today, tomorrow at the latest

Latest Posts

Back