Clubman Cup Plus, Special Stage Route X. Is that possible?

• Thread starter Sakinen
  • 65 comments
I don't remember the exact details but I used a 'top speed' tune from YT, it has widebody, maxed upgrades, some aero parts and it uses Wet compound at the front and Soft at the back (Racing possibly? or Comfort and Racing? I'll check and will update).

That might very well be the reason. I used the stock car except the engine, thought running straight out and through two wide sweepers should be possible ... me stupid ! :lol:
Not stupid, just an optimist!

Last edited:
I hate races that feel like you need to find the secret combo of car and tune.
I dont think that fits here.
It would be a bigger challenge finding a car that barely wins only by keeping up with drafting and then overtaking on the last few inches.
Cars that win with ease are quite a lot, and by a large margin.

I don't remember the exact details but I used a 'top speed' tune from YT, it has widebody, maxed upgrades, some aero parts and it uses Wet compound at the front and Soft at the back (Racing possibly? or Comfort and Racing? I'll check and will update).
This specific event requires sports soft.

Last edited:
I dont think that fits here.
In my case it did. I tried a half dozen cars that couldn't keep up at all and then won by 10 seconds with the Veyron. All of the cars were tuned in similar ways (increase top speed, reduce downforce, etc).

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but what car did everyone use for the Watkins Glen Clubman Cup+ race? I just have that race and the rain GR3 race left for 100%.

I just completed it again using Praiano's S13 tune quoted in my first post, on SS tires as stated.
27.6 seconds ahead.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but what car did everyone use for the Watkins Glen Clubman Cup+ race? I just have that race and the rain GR3 race left for 100%.
Just to avoid a misunderstanding, I was talking about the Special Stage Route X Clubman Plus event in my previous post.
Haven't tried Watkins Glen yet but I think there was a thread mentioning the Clio V6 as a good car for it.

Last edited:
The Countash is good, but I'm struggling to find the right gearing
I can't get away from the AI enough to not have them nudge my back end and crash me.. 🤬

Seriously, the AI are a$$holes

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, the AI are a$$holes
In case of engine swap Countach, the race is over once it begins.
1700211657103.png

Umm... Its very easy. Just (1) Don't have a huge power deficit & (2) Gear so the RPMs sit at peak power
Gran Turismo® 7_20231118020931.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231118021225.jpg
There is nothing else to do after that, besides maybe a rigidity upgrade.

I tried setting up a Superbird to do it, but it didn't have enough passing power and lost all of its time in the banking. Gonna have to take another go at it sometime.

I used my partially tuned Delta Intergrale GT-R 35. You can easily stay ahead by 0.5 to 1 second if you dont grant any slipstream to the AI or you can have great slipstream battles. But AI goes a bit slow in the corners. It's a fun race actually, yet a bit boring at the same time. :-D

Anybody know the best stock-engine car to tune up? I just attempted the Demon…nearly 1200hp tuned up and geared well but still can’t pull away. That said I haven’t reduced weight at all so she’s still a boat. Not sure how the game handles weight at top speed but honestly that shouldn’t be a huge factor.

I broke down and used the logical choice. McLaren F1 won handily with only bolt-on parts and manual transmission tuning.

Last edited:
Not sure how the game handles weight at top speed but honestly that shouldn’t be a huge factor.
I dont think it actually is weight, but wind.
Having 2 cars with identical engine thanks to swap and almost identical weight and distribution, still body shape and tyre width are factors that could explain any difference.

As to answer the previous question, though late but as a reference: Corvette ZR1 (C6) was a pleasure to drive there.

I dont think it actually is weight, but wind.
Having 2 cars with identical engine thanks to swap and almost identical weight and distribution, still body shape and tyre width are factors that could explain any difference.

As to answer the previous question, though late but as a reference: Corvette ZR1 (C6) was a pleasure to drive there.
I was cruising along in my F1 going 270 and I noticed a ZR1 cruised right past me. Holy hell. I could've saved a lot of money on that race lmao.

Engine swapped Countach 25th Anniversery is an easy win...
This did it for me. I tried a few other cars but could only get second, usually by less than a car length. Nice part was it gave me an excuse to upgrade this garage queen. My regular engine 25th 'tach is a workhorse.

Last edited:
I used an AMG GT Black. All tuned up to 950 something HP, and body weight reduction, soft tires, suspension lowered all the way, and probably most important, transmission adjusted real high. 400kph I think.

Took me a while but I got there in the end! 😂
Me too. It was quite a clever post! Especially since “best race in the game” in reference to that event is an opinion held by pretty much no one ever. 😁

FWIW: I ran the event today using the engine swapped Silvia Q with Praiano’s tune (changed to the required tires). As has been mentioned previously in the thread, (as of 1.41) it makes this event a cakewalk. I won by 25 seconds.

Last edited:
For those on a budget, Corvette ZR1 (C6) gives an easy win. Used costs approx 100.000 credits (Veyron 2mil, Chiron 3mil). Use min downforce and min ride height. Race box set to 420. Tune to approx 800hp.

@CrookedPanda
@SPL170db
@BangsMcCoy

How did you guys get the Silvia through the turns ? 🤔
I lost it every single time except once when wallriding it ...

P.S.
I admit I'm not very experienced with engine-swapped cars.

If you use the suggested Praiano tune, be sure to do the additional customizations he lists. Wide body, with B type front, side, rear, and wing parts. Set wheels as he recommends, and make sure to do the height adjustment and downforce adjustments.

With those done, you shouldn’t have any issues on the turns, just stay high. That said, I did completely lose the car the first time I tried it, but at the start. So much torque and power, the back end was gone instantly! So I also suggest not kicking off with throttle fully depressed.

Used one of my 3 Veyron's to win it.

Just tune the transmission for a 450KM/h top speed, add the required Sport Soft tires and some weight reduction and you are set. It's a very enjoyable race IMO.
I used a completely stock Veyron (986HP, 4162lbs, 687.05pp) and won by .029s. Won in 4:33.358 Granted this was the TENTH time I tried, but it seems to be all about timing the slipstream. I also play on "Easy"..This really was a dumb race. Not very fun at all...

Last edited:
Used one of my 3 Veyron's to win it.

Just tune the transmission for a 450KM/h top speed, add the required Sport Soft tires and some weight reduction and you are set. It's a very enjoyable race IMO.
I can confirm this is a winner, been trying this race for a while and was always getting 2nd or 3rd I used what MoLiEG said and completely blew the field away ended up winning by nearly 8 secs, I did add the ultra high turbo though and had to drop the power restrictor to meet the criteria but it wasn’t a problem, glad I read this thread 😂

What engine did you swap
There is only ever one swap option.
Simply pick the car, then go to GT AUTO and check whether you can swap or not.

For the tuning, some cars desperatly need certain changes to make them driveable, and you should propably try a few runs to see if the gear ratios are fine. Other cars only need their gear ratios stretched to match the top speed.

Latest Posts

Back