Colorado BURNING!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 40 comments
As sad as the situation is, boombexus, I nearly died laughing - I guess the estranged husband got the last laugh! :)

Now, they're guarding her house for fear someone who had their own house burned down will come and try to destroy it.

"Damn women" is right...:D

The Hayman fire has taken a turn for the worst. With winds blowing and temperatures in Denver near 100 deg. and humidity at 13% the Hayman fire had everything it need to get alot worse, and it did. The fire that was at 47% containment has now been reduced to 30% containment as the fire spread from 103,000 acres to 113,000 acres in a matter of hours. It has now been estimated at 120,000 acres as of this evening. It has forced more than 5,000 people to evacuate there homes.
The fire that has been burning in south west Colorado has now gotten out of control by jumping up to 38,000 acres burned.

Did anyone happen to see the footage of the C-130 slurry bomber that broke into pieces and crashed in California?
All 3 of the crew aboard were killed! This has prompted the grounding of all C-130 airplanes that are currently being used to fight the fires in California.

amdf54966.jpg

A recent estimate says that 1.5 million acres of forest has been burned so far this year in 10 different states across the US.
The largest being in Alaska at an estimated 158,000 acres, however it's in a very remote area.

Rain showers and thunder storms are in the forecast here in Colorado for tomorrow, along with cooler temps.

p01cofire.jpg

p02cofire.jpg

The ironic thing is the icon on the envelope for this thread is also on fire. Can't they catch a break? :)

Man, these fires are unbelievable...if only they could do more to fight them. :(

boombexus - Ya, I was watchin' CNN last evening and saw the plane go down.

That looked really odd too. (I'm no pilot or anything). It didn't seem to be having any issues, then snap the wings just folded up and ripped off.

And then, they had some interviews with some of the firefighters in Colorado. They all looked just exhausted and discouraged. (Understandably so)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been putting in alot of hours at work lately.

So where things stand right now is that the Hayman fire is still growning but at a slower pace. It has burned about 137.000 acres now and has forced a total of 6,900 evacuations. The coal seam fire is almost fully contained and is burning in unpopulated areas. A recent news article said that a company had offered to put out the actual seam of underground coal that has been burning in Glenwood Springs in the past for about $500,000 but the town of Glenwood had denied the offer stating that it wasn't in the budget.
Bet there kicking themselfs over that one!
Evidently the coal seam fire was started in a old mining shaft back in 1910.
The Missionary Ridge fire in southwest Colorado, near the town of Durango has gotten out of control again. It is at about 25% containment and has now burned 60,000 acres.
Now Arizona is getting a spoonful of what Colorado has been dealing with. Arizona is having some major wildfire problems now that have forced about 7,500 evacuations. Arizona is where my parents live but they are safe.

More to follow.

Originally posted by M5Power
As sad as the situation is, boombexus, I nearly died laughing - I guess the estranged husband got the last laugh! :)

Just an update to this. Her "ex" says that he never gave her a letter so if she started a fire it wasn't due to a letter from him.

Now, that could be just alot of mud slinging, but... <shrug>

Originally posted by ethanol

Just an update to this. Her "ex" says that he never gave her a letter so if she started a fire it wasn't due to a letter from him.

Now, that could be just alot of mud slinging, but... <shrug>

To build some more off of this, the investigators did not beleive her story about the letter. Evidence around the starting point of the fire indicated that the fire was set intentionally. It has been theorized that Barton was disgruntled with the Forest Service.

Now Arizona is BURNING! The 2 big fires there have merged into one. The fire stand @ 300,000 acres burned and counting. That means that Arizona has the largest fire in US history.

Hey - ethanol: That letter was supposedly really old and her kids slipped it into her work as a practical joke - when she saw it, she burned it.

Kyle: Yep. Biggest fire in US history...wow

Originally posted by M5Power
Hey - ethanol: That letter was supposedly really old and her kids slipped it into her work as a practical joke - when she saw it, she burned it.

Ya, I haven't been staying current on the news the last few days. Stupid Xbox is stealing away all my free time.

Kyle: Yep. Biggest fire in US history...wow

Ack - that's certainly not a title you want to hold on to.

Back