COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
I would strongly advise not listening to this. I mean you do you of course, but when medical science overwhelmingly says this is bad advice, it might be worth a listen:

And what a great way to kill off your voters by having them not get a vaccine to prevent a disease that has the greatest mortality within that age range.

I would strongly advise not listening to this. I mean you do you of course, but when medical science overwhelmingly says this is bad advice, it might be worth a listen:

And what a great way to kill off your voters by having them not get a vaccine to prevent a disease that has the greatest mortality within that age range.

You know all those warnings of "death cults" they warned lost teenagers about decades ago? Well, now they let you keep material possessions and you don't even have to run away from home.

Had COVID two weeks ago, properly this time. First time I had it I had the sniffles, this time went from A-OK - to the next day having fever, chills, persistent headache, nausea, aching limbs, coughing, phlegm, rundown.

Proper wiped me and the missus out for a week.

Annoying issue now is the cough hasnt gone. We have had this strange chesty cough for nearly 2 weeks, and it wont budge.

Last edited:
Had COVID two weeks ago, properly this time. First time I had it I had the sniffles, this time went from A-OK - to the next day having fever, chills, persistent headache, nausea, aching limbs, coughing, phlegm, rundown.

Proper wiped me and the missus out for a week.

Annoying issue now is the cough hasnt gone. We have had this strange chesty cough for nearly 2 weeks, and it wont budge.
I had a cough for 12 weeks after flu years ago.

I had a cough for 12 weeks after flu years ago.
Thats insane! Did you go to the Doctors about it?

Says if it persists for 3 weeks you should contact them, but like every time I go they will say "it takes time", or "take some paracetamol".

Thats insane! Did you go to the Doctors about it?

Says if it persists for 3 weeks you should contact them, but like every time I go they will say "it takes time", or "take some paracetamol".
Yes. They had me blow into tubes to find out how good my lung capacity was and I had an X-ray of my chest done. All clear. Still had the cough though.

I just received the email that we're doing the flu and covid booster blitz on campus so I'm scheduled for the morning of October 10th for the SPIKEVAX. :lol:

Last edited:
I suppose it shouldn't given how connie rats have just so thoroughly lost--even forsaken--the plot, but it still kind of amazes me. Ten to fifteen years ago I'd have expected the anti-vaxx poster children to be PNW crunchy liberals with Birkenstocks and healing crystals.

Nobody embodies the conservative vaccine insanity more than Ben Domenech.

Last edited:
TB
Covid in the left arm, flu shot in the right.

Here I am, picking up 5G with you.
Ten and a half hours in and I'm a little vomit and mom's spaghetti away from an Eminem song. We'll see how tonight goes but as of right now, it's going to be a sick day tomorrow.

TB
Covid in the left arm, flu shot in the right.

Here I am, picking up 5G with you.
I did the same today, but no 5G for me, at least not yet. So far it is just sore shoulders.

I also had a Covid booster on Sunday. Other than a sore shoulder (that finally stopped hurting today) and some general tiredness for about a day, no other side effects yet. Basically similar to last year‘s shot.

Out of curiosity, why not two in one shoulder? This gives you a shoulder to sleep on (if you do that).
At the pharmacy I had it done, the guy there said most people had been doing one in each, so I went with that. I will sleep on my side sometimes, but not directly on my shoulders. If I sleep directly on a shoulder, then I wake up with shoulder pain.

At the pharmacy I had it done, the guy there said most people had been doing one in each, so I went with that. I will sleep on my side sometimes, but not directly on my shoulders. If I sleep directly on a shoulder, then I wake up with shoulder pain.

Some mattresses punish for that yea.

Out of curiosity, why not two in one shoulder? This gives you a shoulder to sleep on (if you do that).
My flu shot shoulder was fine, the Covid shoulder is the one that still hurts.

But that's not what was keeping me from sleeping - freezing while sweating and a raging headache took care of that.

It's amazing how much better I feel than just 3 hours ago.

I always ask for both shots in the same arm for this reason and they always refuse.

My mum got Covid jabbed but they ran out of flu shots. They'll have to revisit. Meanwhile I received the flu and pneumonia shots but the clinic didn't receive Covid this year. Will have to organise separately.

Just got my son and myself our COVID vaccines this afternoon and my wife got hers last week, so we're all protected. But while I was sitting there, I came across this story:

Only 7% of adults and 2% of kids? That's downright terrible. I know the booster wasn't going to be popular, but I figured it would be around 25-30%, not less than 10%. I get people are fatigued with COVID, but getting the vaccine takes a couple of minutes and is free. It's not like it was in the early days of the pandemic when you had to wait for hours in a line in hopes to get a shot. For us, we walked in and 15 minutes later we were walking back out to the car.

For us, we walked in and 15 minutes later we were walking back out to the car.
I got mine along with the flu shot and it took me longer to walk across campus than it did to get the shots.

I did recommend my son wait a few weeks to get his until his job shuts down for the season as I don't want him to miss class or work, just in case it levels him like it did me for a few days.

My wife and son had it again the other week and, despite having a COVID riddled toddler coughing in my face for a week straight, sharing a bed with them, living as normal with them as they coughed and sneezed their way through the day, I didn’t get it. I was testing every day and isolated myself at work in my own little office away from everyone fully expecting to test positive at some point (it was bliss to start with actually but soon got boring) but it just never happened. So I do wonder if actually I had it first but didn’t notice I don’t know how I could have avoided it otherwise. It’s such a strange virus. I’d still definitely take a vaccine if it was offered but at my age and minus major health issues I don’t think I’ll get the choice.

Just got my son and myself our COVID vaccines this afternoon and my wife got hers last week, so we're all protected. But while I was sitting there, I came across this story:

Only 7% of adults and 2% of kids? That's downright terrible. I know the booster wasn't going to be popular, but I figured it would be around 25-30%, not less than 10%. I get people are fatigued with COVID, but getting the vaccine takes a couple of minutes and is free. It's not like it was in the early days of the pandemic when you had to wait for hours in a line in hopes to get a shot. For us, we walked in and 15 minutes later we were walking back out to the car.
I have only read the post and not the link, but I am stunned at the low uptake.

In my town it is my own experience to take the allocated appointment as rescheduling it is next to impossible. After phoning the vaccine helpline number I got a rescheduled appointment for December (this was September) in another town 10 miles away.

I made the original appointment....

My family got their updated shots a couple weeks ago and I got mine and a flu shot last weekend in preparation for a trip (which ended up getting cancelled). My arm was so incredibly sore afterwards from the two shots lol

Back