Cricket: The Official Thread

• Thread starter Casio
  • 297 comments
:D

Australia couldn't dispose of a rubbish team... the BlackCaps, on the other hand, reducing Kenya to 1-4! :eek:

It's a slog a thon, that brings teams closer together, as proved by the Zimbabwe win. Pakistan have done well though, as have India.

And England win a ODi series for the first time ever in Sri Lanka, with Broad, Sidebottom and Swann all impressing. Incredible result.

i wish we had a jacques kallis. 3 hundreds in four innings.. one of which was a fifty, and two of them are not outs. 350 required from day 5, this may turn out to be a good one if our players can step up their game compared to recent performance..

Jacques Kallis is a great batsman, but his atittude stinks. Rumour has it that 38 year old run machine Mark Ramprakash is set to make his test comeback in Sri Lanka in December at the expense of Strauss.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10484901&ref=rss

:D

Yes, I still think we're rubbish, but we seem to have a knack for either getting hammered ourselves or dishing out the ownage...

McCullum is a bloody legend. Possibly our best ODI batsman, provided he doesn't get out early, which he tends to do :(

80 off 28 (50 off 19 [so final 30 off only 9 balls!]) :eek:

That match was all "wrong". No individual batsman is meant to score 80 when chasing 95, and a team isn't meant to win a match in six overs!

Tim Southee is the man in question. All in vain as we won the series 2-1 thanks to Sidebottom taking 24 wickets @17 a piece.

Shain Tait is overrated. It's all well and good being able to bowl 400km/h, but if you have no control at all over the bowl it's going to get you nowhere.

I don't know why we kept persisting with him. He's fine in 20/20 I guess, but the way they keep wanting him in the test team is laughable. What he needs to do is take 20km/h off the ball, get some control, and he might end up a generally tricky bowler like Malinga.

Was the IPL good last night? I somehow found myself watching the last few overs of an innings where a gold team was batting. Some NZ guy got 158, he was on fire!

Not sure I didn't watch it last night. However it's on right now, and looks like quite a decent standard.

I'm thinking a lot of players might just swing away, they're getting paid upfront so really don't have to worry about being dropped from the team, so why not have a slog.

EDIT: The Super Kings or something are playing some yellow team. I'm going to adopt the Super Kings as my team for no reason at all. Everyone get on the wagon!

Not sure I didn't watch it last night. However it's on right now, and looks like quite a decent standard.

I'm thinking a lot of players might just swing away, they're getting paid upfront so really don't have to worry about being dropped from the team, so why not have a slog.

EDIT: The Super Kings or something are playing some yellow team. I'm going to adopt the Super Kings as my team for no reason at all. Everyone get on the wagon!

They're owned by a cement company, but hey what the hell their logo has a lion in it!

England hit 584 before declaring vs the South Africans. 199 for Bell, 151 for KP. Broad got 76 and Cook got 60. It's a very good pitch, it is Lord's too. We will have to bowl well. Rumour is that Fred plays in the 2nd Test.

Shaun Tait is playing in the next game, i thought he should play a few games at state level first. Can't remember which game, i don't follow it much.

He's not good enough to bat 6. I don't think we need him in Test matches. Collingwood has been poor, but Ambrose and Flintoff at 6 and 7, I'm not so sure. I don't think any of the bowlers will/can be dropped. Maybe Colly will be dropped, but Fred shouldn't be batting higher than Broad. Maybe Ambrose, Broad and Flintoff at 8 would be the order? Seems quite short on batting though.

Monty was brilliant today, 4 wickets. SA are 333 behind and have just started their 2nd innings. Prince hitting a hundred, 40s from McKenzie and De Villiers.

Very tough winter for England, just won the first match of it, beating WI in the first ODI. We need to be more positive, which was there under KP, but he and Moores clashed big time. New coach is soon to be announced, I think Flower is high on the list.

Player performances, Bell has been dropped, rightly so, had ages in the team without performing. Swann has looked very good, Anderson and Broad have been bowling well. Still struggle with consistent displays in the batting line-up.

Time to resurrect this thread and see how we get on?

Very sporting thing there with Dhoni withdrawing his appeal.

Last edited:
*coughs*

Indeed, that was the right result though, Bell was a bit dopey though!

Zaheer Khan out the rest of the series, I hope we can be as clinical in this test and confirm our #1 status.

It would be nice. With Trott out of the next one, I would like to see tremlett come in for him and see how England fair with 4 seamers and a spinner. Bresnan, Broad and Swann can all bat, and an extra seamer (especially with Tremletts height) Should ensure we can bowl the Indians out twice.

It would be nice. With Trott out of the next one, I would like to see tremlett come in for him and see how England fair with 4 seamers and a spinner. Bresnan, Broad and Swann can all bat, and an extra seamer (especially with Tremletts height) Should ensure we can bowl the Indians out twice.

They'll stick to 4 bowlers. Though I honestly don't care what team out of this 13 they put in, I think they'll be good enough.

rocko - One of the best bits about cricket is sledging. You get it in most sports, but none better than in cricket.

This is from the last Ashes series, which England won 3-1. It's the biggest series in Test cricket. England and Australia have been playing in the Ashes since the 1880s.

I figured this wouldn't be a bad place to put it but, how does cricket work?

"You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been given out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!"

:crazy:

Another good sledge 👍

Last edited:
There are a few good sledging videos with flintoff, kicking about. My favourite is 'mind the windows, Tino'.

Latest Posts

Back